Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Anyone else been having "fun" on the roads?
  • MrSmith
    Free Member

I told you that you wouldn't understand. I wouldn't expect any soft southern shandy drinker to understand.

any chance of your point of view having any credibility or being taken seriously just went out the window by taking this ad hominem stance (all be it to lager adulterers from south of the wash/bristol channel in general not just an individual)

maybe start another thread to get your point across better?

Milkie
    Free Member

Driving to work has been fun! Lift off oversteer is actually working in my shitty car! Had to laugh at a colleague following tried the same and ended up spinning 360! All good fun, when no one's about!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Goan – Premier Member
    M_F – to drive at a speed that was appropriate for the conditions when everyone else was going way faster than that would have been a more dangerous option. I do not expect you to understand this though.

How very patronising!!
    So you're advocating putting yourself at risk just to go with the flow? hmm…., nope still doent make sense no matter how many times i read it!

Smee
    Free Member

No – that's not what I'm advocating at all – what i'm advocating is driving safely and thinking about ALL of the factors involved in doing so.

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

FORWARDS…SIDEWAYS! SIDEWAYS! SIDEWAYS! BACKWARDS!

doesnt ever sease to be fun does it?

i have got really good at handbrake turning into my car parking space too

iDave
    Free Member

i like it when j turns become '&' turns

coffeeking
    Free Member

No. Why?

Because collectively horrendous driving skill is commonplace in the UK, as is speeding at ridiculously unsafe speeds in the wet on motorways. I can't see where your confusion over the possibility of everyone driving unsafely stems from? I can only conclude you do live in a different world, or are one of the horrendous ones 🙂 !

Goan – it didn't appear to be too bad on the day you are discussing, we seem to have met distinctly different weather in the same city, on the same roads!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I can only conclude you do live in a different world, or are one of the horrendous ones

Which might lead me to conclude that you like things to be black and white to fit in with an over-simplified version of reality. It doesn't, but it might. My point being that I'm not sure you can draw any inferences about me or my driving ability from one forum post.

Sorry to disappoint you. Have a good Christmas anyway.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

we seem to have met distinctly different weather in the same city, on the same roads!

He didn't see the ice 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Which might lead me to conclude that you like things to be black and white to fit in with an over-simplified version of reality. It doesn't, but it might. My point being that I'm not sure you can draw any inferences about me or my driving ability from one forum post.

Nope, no over-simplified views here, just regular views of sheeplike poor driving. I wasn't drawing inferences about you, I was wondering (out loud) which was correct as your experience doesn't match mine! To coin a phrase…Don't take yourself so seriously, no-one else does 😉 😆

Sorry to disappoint you.

I really didn't put that much emotion into it.

Have a good Christmas anyway.

And you. 🙂

Smee
    Free Member

CK – weather was all over the shop yesterday. It went from being almost whiteout to absolutely nothing and back again every 5 minutes. Horrendous conditions that dont look too bad at certain times…

italspark
    Free Member

dosent anybody listen to the radio anymore. mine said it was the worst snow conditions for 15 years…….so i cancelled work and went for a ride…….what tyres for roadriding ? 2.1 mudmads with 25 psi in

RustyNissanPrairie

had my Defender now for years but its times when the weathers like it is you remember just how good they are, running on Michelin XZL's its been unstoppable and has been the 'taxi' service for the people of our hill.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else been having "fun" on the roads?’ is closed to new replies.