Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone changed from Time Atac to SPD Pedals (not vice versa)
  • 40mpg

I’ve been a long-time user of Times, from back when SPD’s were blocky and filled with mud. Time’s were much better for cyclo cross back then with lots of off/on the bike.

Anyway, the difference is much smaller now, if at all, and spd availability (and bike swap-ability) is better. Just wondering what noticeable differences ther will be in the ride, particularly with less float on the spd’s?

Sam

Yes – biggest thing I noticed was the absence of lateral float (which I found as a positive) and the pedals lasting much longer 🙂

aP
    Free Member

I was recently forced to buy some new spds and shoes due to a slightly unfortunate bike packing incident which left my time pedals 2,000 miles away from where I was for a week. I found them ok for clipping in and out, except for the very noticeable lack of float which I found to become quite a problem over the week.

tonyd

No. If you’re that keen on swapping bikes then carry a pedal spanner in your pack!

spooky_b329

If you go SPD, suddenly all the bikes you want to borrow will be fitted with Times 🙂

And everyone knows Times are better 😉

Jerome
    Free Member

I swapped to times then swapped back to spd’s as knees did not seem to like the lateral float..

tony24
    Free Member

as above i could not get on with the loose feeling in the time pedals so switch to spd. prefer the way they fell clipped in but they are certainly not as good in sloppy mud.

still very happy with my XT pedals

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone changed from Time Atac to SPD Pedals (not vice versa)’ is closed to new replies.