Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anybody night ride Afan/Glyncorrwg?
  • RepacK
    Free Member

As per the title really. Just wondering where to park & what the legal situation was on access..

valleydaddy
    Free Member

there’s a regular gang who ride around there most weeks.

see here for contact details

http://www.singletrackmind.org.uk/

redx

Night ride there irregularly. Park at Glyncorrwg, Afan or down at Pontrhydyfen. Heard stories about cars being broken into down at Pontrhydyfen but been OK so far. I’ve got a season ticket for parking that covers both Afan & Glyncorrwg, so never had a problem parking at either site……

Never heard a complaint about people nightriding on the trails, but not sure about the legality of it…. The emergency services may have something to say if they have to come and get you in case of an accident…..

Trimix
    Free Member

Go for it. I wouldnt worry about if you can ride it at night, more like why not.

Ive done Cwn Carn – flipping amazing to do at night, I would love to to one of the Afan trails. But I would suggest doing one in the light, then chill till the sun goes down and then do your night one. It helps you get in the right frame of mind for single track.

Its quite a differnt track in the dark.

I would think carefully about where you park your car though. For example at Cwn Carn the lock the gates at a certain time 🙂

RepacK
    Free Member

I know these trails well – I have a buddy nearby & what with it being darker than a witches t1t by 4 for the next few months I thought cracking the lights out & hitting the hills might be a laugh.

Yeah I am a bit wary of parking at Glyncorrwg for sure..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anybody night ride Afan/Glyncorrwg?’ is closed to new replies.