Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • anybody mixed stans with bonty juice?
  • jimthesaint

I’m not sure if I had a faulty tyre or I have created an evil concoction similar to nitroglycerin.

Anyhow, tonight I fitted a bonty acx to an 819 rim and as I didn’t have enough of either stans liquid or bonty juice I thought I’d just combine the two to make the right amount. The tyre sealed first time and I pumped it up to 40psi and went inside. While I was getting changed to go for a ride I heard a really loud bang in the garden. When I went outside to see what it was I saw that the tyre was off the rim. The rim was fine but the bead was buggered and the tyre seemed all twisted.

Anybody know what happened?

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I normally use diluted copydex as a sealant. Not sure how similar (if at all it is to stans) but I have mixed it with Bonty juice no probs with Bonty Jones ACX or Conti Verticals.
    Cheers
    Steve

wwaswas

I’d be c areful as one’s latex and one glycol based, not sure if they’ll actually mix as such – oil and water…

DezB
    Free Member

Usually when you mix tyre sealants they just congeal, which kind of defeats the object of them.
    You’ve obviously found a far more exciting combo!

glenh
    Free Member

I have mixed bonty juice and wheel milk loads of times, ‘cos it helps to stop the wheel milk drying out, and the bonty stuff has bits in (like stans, but unlike wheel milk) to help seal holes.

Never had a problem with tyres exploding.

wwaswas

did you mix some bicarb in as well?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘anybody mixed stans with bonty juice?’ is closed to new replies.