Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any skills training around south Wales?
  • danjthomas
    Free Member

Following reading a post today regarding the ability to ride drops.

Natural raises and bumps in tracks and I’m allways on the air. But when I know there is an edge I don’t have the balls to lift off. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. Definatly in the head as the times I do Its easy.

So, I’m in Cardiff, does anyone know of any tidy skills training in southwales. I have considered some Jedi action but it’s a bit of a drive.

gdj001
    Free Member

I too would be interested to know as well, having fallen on my face off a drop at Castell Coch on Friday!

ashweee
    Free Member

Check out mtbridewales.com I’ve never used them myself but have thought about it.

danjthomas
    Free Member

Gdj001, which drop was that? Was it on the dh run on the far right? I’m thinking on heading up there tomorow and just repeating that section for practice. I once rode half way down on my front wheel only following a lack of lift on a drop.

gdj001
    Free Member

Nah, not there I know where you mean though. This one is further up the main trail where those drops initially begin. The trail exits out on to the main path at the bottom of the switchback with the steep short climb in front of you. Not a very good description, I know! 😆

dirtyboy

http://www.rideinwales.co.uk/ aimee dix. Has done dh to world cup standards? I fink.

danjthomas
    Free Member

Cheers for the help, i think ill give one of those links a go. has anyone used them? Looks like that there is an option between cwmcarn and afan. Cant think of any drops in AFAN to be trained on. I guess the MOJO DH track will be the one at Cwmcarn.

LoCo
    Free Member
    Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Give Cyclopaedia a ring and ask Ian Jeremiah, good connections with Welsh MTB so he will know someone.

floki
    Free Member

Sort out a day with Rowan (through DirtSchool) have done this a few time with days organised either just N of Cardiff or in the FoD.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Gdj001, which drop was that? Was it on the dh run on the far right? I’m thinking on heading up there tomorow and just repeating that section for practice.

Ooh, slight hijack but are these secret trails? Ridden round there a bit but only to go across the Ridgeway to the maenclwyd pub but missed any decent riding trails 🙂

danjthomas
    Free Member

ell_tell. Youll have to explore to be honest. its a small wood with three or four tracks. Youtube castell coch DH. All on there.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any skills training around south Wales?’ is closed to new replies.