Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anti-virus software that won't take over my laptop?????
  • Dair
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend anti-virus software for a laptop, that won't instantly cripple its performance?…

Thanks!

retro83
    Free Member

avast

GrahamS

Yep, can't say I've ever found avast! much of a drain.

But if it's an ancient laptop then you could always just go bareback and be careful!

donsimon
    Free Member

Avast.

Dair
    Free Member

Guy I know tried that, and now half his salary goes on maintenance.

rbmccunn
    Free Member

Nod32 is good, has a small foot print so wont use all the resources on your laptop.

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

microsft security essentials… free

Dair
    Free Member

Thanks guys

Avast looks good

rangeroy
    Free Member

hows about this if you have latest o/s
    http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/
    although i use avast rather than agv

disco_stu
    Free Member

another vote for avast

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

On my cronky old laptop, I found either Avast or Avira worked ok. I was actually paying for F-Secure anti virus as part of my ISP, but that was just grinding the laptop to a halt.

I settled on Avast, because they don't send annoying ads trying to get you to upgrade. I was so happy with Avast that when I got a new laptop I didn,t bother asking for new F-Secure install discs for windows7, I just downloaded avast onto the new laptop aswell.

Gordy
    Free Member

Nod32 is indeed good at not hogging resources. Kaspersky Internet Security is half price in PC World at the moment if you're after a protection suite.

GrahamS

microsoft security essentials

Ah yes, getting Microsoft to supply protection against the security holes in the OS written by Microsoft. 😕

They know where the problems are I guess.

vrapan
    Free Member

Avast or AVG. Though the paid version of AVG works a heck of a lot better than the free one.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

+1 NOD32.

druidh
    Free Member

Another Microsoft Security Essentials fan. Very little strain on your PC compared to some of the rest.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anti-virus software that won't take over my laptop?????’ is closed to new replies.