Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • another sport about to be ruined
  • bassspine
    Free Member

http://www.bikebiz.com//news/read/uci-wants-to-get-skateboarding-into-the-olympics

greedy and unnecessary organisation tries to get its fingers in another pie

CaptJon
    Free Member

Presumably the inclusion of a skateboarding discipline would be at the expense of a cycling one. We’ve already seen some of the longer track event go, it would be a shame to see more going.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

But unlike cycling, skateboarding will never capitulate, the core will always stick up their middle finger to crap like this. Hopefully. 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    twohats
    Free Member

Skateboarding was sold out years ago to highly televised events such as the X games and the like.
    Whilst now considered mainstream, the vast majority of skaters don’t give a **** and will continue doing their own thing, just like they have through all the peaks and troughs of it popularity…
    I wouldn’t worry too much.

5thElefant
    Free Member

What next? Space Hoppers in the Olympics?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Crazy. Next thing you’ll be telling me that there is an Olympic sport where you lie down head first on your nan’s tea tray, which is on a downhill ice track, and that a British lass will take up the sport and the next minute she’s got a gold and she’s a national heroine who all can aspire to!

Oh hang on……

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

greedy and unnecessary organisation tries to get its fingers in another pie

I know there are plenty of ‘skatewear’ companies ripping folk off with cheap shoddy trendy crap, but that’s a bit strong…

If there is something popular, someone, somewhere will try to make money out of it. I mean, I learned recently that you can pay hundreds of pounds for a bit of plywood with some castors on it. Jeeze.

Just as well cycling isn’t a popular sport, eh, or we’d all be paying vastly overinflated prices for hyped up tat…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘another sport about to be ruined’ is closed to new replies.