Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Alpe D’Huez
  • bluebird
    Free Member

We’re off there for a long weekend. We’ll be self-lifting or, if we have to, riding up. We’ll ride the lower part of the Mega course, but we’ve got 3 days to fill, so any tips on things to go and ride?

Thanks

grum
    Free Member

The qualifier course and the Sprint DH track are really good. The main ‘freeride’ track is braking-bump-tastic.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

apart from rent a helicopter….

Have a look at Deux Alp down the road

IA

Get the route for the round of the marathon world cup held there, and ride that, ace trails if you’ve got the legs for it.

Brown
    Free Member

A few of the trails that come down the other side of the valley to the Sprint course are good.

The Quali course has some awesome rocky singletrack at the top and some great twisty stuff in the woods lower down.

If you can get up to the top of the Mega Course, there’s some good rocky singletrack after the snow.

If you’ve a car, Deux Alpes isn’t too far away – from memory, it’s fast and bermy where Alp d’Huez is ‘natural’ – althoug there’s a good long descent to Venosc.

I’ve not been for a few years mind.

Have fun!

EDIT – just read the self lifting bit. Sorry, that’s going to make the top of the Quali and the main course tricky… But you can ride the lower sections down into the valley if you take it in turns to drive back up.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

When you going – before the lifts open for the season?

The lifts at Les Deux Alpes open a couple of weeks earlier than Alp d’Huez from what I remember, but its still at the earliest mid June I think or may be even later.

Riding up from the valley floor is pretty horrible.

bluebird
    Free Member

Cheers for the tips.

We’re here this weekend for a friends 50th, hence being ahead of the bike season. I think we road the Mega qualifier today. Great laugh. Open and a bit rocky at the top. Trees and switchbacks at the bottom.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Alpe D’Huez’ is closed to new replies.