Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Alarm system for a two bedroom house…
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Northeast of England.How much would you expect to pay?

somouk
    Free Member

I would be fitting my own wireless one.

If you wanted to go cabled and have them routed properly then no idea, could be a big job depending on how old the house is and how good access is for the cables.

richmtb

I would be fitting my own wireless one.

This, it ain’t hard

you’ll get a decent wireless alarm system with a couple of door sensor and PIRs for under £200

alanl
    Free Member

DIY or fitted for you?
    Fitted by a NACOSS/SSAIB? Or a general sparky?
    Level of cover – just a bell/siren goes off when someone comes in, or do you wnat it to text you or ring the Police?
    Basic DIY stuff can be bought for less than £100.That’s a central box, a keypad. a bell box and a few sensors.
    Sparky to fit that, around £250-300.
    NACOSS to fit that, £500+
    Add more for more features.

mav12
    Free Member

Aldi have yale wireless jobby £75

snownrock

Don’t insurers only take into consideration the monitored alarms thsse days? Never quite see the point of burglar alarms, doesn’t everyone just ignore them when they go off anyway?

johndoh
    Free Member

But they are a deterrent – if you have an alarm but next door don’t, which house would be first choice to be broken into?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Christ almighty,Appleyard Security has just quoted £950.00 for the job!

stof41
    Free Member

I’m in the industry and thats a piss take.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d want deadly laser beams included for that

joshvegas
    Free Member

String is cheap

And you probably have tin cans in the recycling

woffle
    Free Member

Anti-poacher alarm 🙂

(Used these on our sheds after a spate of break-ins locally. My wife’s uncle pretty much shat himself after tripping one when he decided to borrow my hedge-trimmers unannounced…)

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

But they are a deterrent – if you have an alarm but next door don’t, which house would be first choice to be broken into?

One of these then. Dummy Box. £8

or if you think the thieving scrotes are local £20 for a box with an alarm in it. Wire it to a switch and turn it on for 30 seconds a few times a year. You could make it more realistic by leaving it running for a few hours every time theres a slight blip in the mains supply to the street or wire it up to a timer so it goes off every other day while you’re on holiday.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

mav12,saw that £75.00 offer,just need a man with a drill and ladder to hang the bloody box up a wall.I of course have neither!Or the skills to do the job properly come to think of it.

gears_suck
    Free Member

russ295
    Free Member

Id just get a wireless.
    I was burgled years ago whilst the wife and I were in bed. That wouldn’t have happened with an alarm.
    They emptied the downstairs (including my cockatiel in its cage) and took my car of the drive. Got the car back but nothing else.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Alarm system for a two bedroom house…’ is closed to new replies.