Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Alan Rickman! No no no, not another sad loss
  • geetee1972
    Free Member
    MoreCashThanDash

Man, that sucks. Too young.

He’s played some great characters.

Not very high brow, but I still love his comic turn as the Sheriff of Nottingham in that Robin Hood twaddle with Kevin Costner. It was as if Rickman was the only one who knew how daft the whole thing was.

willard

Well, shit. Another great loss.

Bregante

Not very high brow, but I still love his comic turn as the Sheriff of Nottingham in that Robin Hood twaddle with Kevin Costner

First thing I said to the Mrs when we heard it announced on the radio just now.

[video]https://youtu.be/MhfuuKiTcYQ[/video]

RIP

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not hans Gruber! Very sad week

jamj1974

Truly, Madly, Deeply is probably my favourite. My children love him as Snape though.

tomhoward

Fuuuuuu….

geetee1972
    Free Member

His Sherrif of Nottingham was so memorable. If you want memorable, touching and high brow look no further than ‘Truly, Madly, Deeply’ with Juliet Stevenson.

crazy-legs

🙁

I watched Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves the other night; Channel 5* seem to have had on repeat for about the last 2 weeks. He did do a brilliant Sheriff.

Sad loss.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Although he was only in a supporting role, another very good film of his is ‘Close my Eyes’, with Saskia Reeves and Clive Owen.

allthepies
    Free Member

“69, unlucky for some”

fasthaggis

Sad news.

Drac

Cancel Christmas.

bencooper
    Free Member

This year is really beginning to annoy me.

The amazing thing is that Die Hard was his first film role.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Although he was only in a supporting role, another very good film of his is ‘Close my Eyes’, with Saskia Reeves and Clive Owen.

One of my favourite films ever. RIP Alan.

bluehelmet
    Free Member

Nooo this is turning into an absolutely horrid week, just heard that Jeremy Whine on the radio put on his best pseudo upset voice..

He made Die Hard, stole Robin Hood and made a classic ham actor in Galaxy Quest..

geetee1972
    Free Member

The amazing thing is that Die Hard was his first film role.

I would not have believed that until I checked it myself.

MSP

I think this was expected, I seem to recall that he married his partner of 30+ years a couple of months ago. That seemed to be possibly the “tidying up” of legal loose ends.

tomhoward

2012 they married.

bencooper
    Free Member

Alan Rickman was 69.
    David Bowie was 69.
    Donald Trump is 69.

<crosses fingers>

rOcKeTdOg

Not even dark arts could keep him going 🙁

marcus7
    Free Member

kids loved him as snape… they will be gutted and a see a HP marathon coming..

BoardinBob

very sad loss

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Being a film and photography fan over a music fan this means a lot more to me than Bowie’s passing.

I would like to throw his turn in ‘Dogma’ in as something to be remembered.

Pigface
    Free Member

Bad news, a fine thesp.

Harry_the_Spider

Bugger.

loddrik
    Free Member

Get me the detonators!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

aware of my own immortality and age, best not wait or put things off

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

such a shame – I’m with sneaky – I grew up for Rickman baddies, and then later watched his other fantastic films such as truly madly deeply.

Brilliant actor….

SaxonRider

He was fantastic. 🙁

Memory eternal.

In the meantime, it may be worth remembering his roles in other films, like a little-known Welsh-directed, Canadian-set film called ‘Snow Cake’, starring Sigourney Weaver as a severely autistic mother who loses a child, and Carrie-Anne Moss as the romantic interest.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfwoJfDx7mc[/video]

bencooper
    Free Member

I would like to throw his turn in ‘Dogma’ in as something to be remembered.

And Marvin.

deadkenny
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/MDTBiEOoslc[/video]

GrahamS

Well cut my heart out with a spoon…

Cheerio Alan.

joolsburger
    Free Member

By Grabthar’s hammer he shall be avenged.

zilog6128

I feel like I know him as an actor very well, although scanning his entry on IMDB I’ve only seen a handful of his films really. Must be because I’ve seen Die Hard and Robin Hood so many times! Two potentially forgettable films made very memorable by him (Die Hard especially is a stone cold classic on the strength of his performance alone!)

geetee1972
    Free Member

In the meantime, it may be worth remembering his roles in other films, like a little-known Welsh-directed, Canadian-set film called ‘Snow Cake’, starring Sigourney Weaver as a severely autistic mother who loses a child, and Carrie-Anne Moss as the romantic interest.

Never knew about that film. His passing will not be in vain!

IHN

Yippee ki yay, mother******

🙁

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Seriously, like, WTF???? This is very sad news – again. Way, way too young..

Another absolute legend gone. He was literally the only thing worth watching in the Harry Potter films. I was totally bored out of my mind seeing one of them in the cinema, can’t remember which, and he appeared once to deliver just one line – and it totally made the film for me.

Gutted.. :-/

Must.watch.Galaxy.Quest.now.

surfer
    Free Member

‘Truly, Madly, Deeply’ with Juliet Stevenson

One of my favourites, Stevenson is fantastic in that as well.

Saw him (years ago now) when I was shopping in John Lewis in Liverpool. He looked cool as anything even when he was browsing crockery!

RIP

hammyuk
    Free Member

Recall running a training course at a theatre in London a few years back.
    Sat in the cafe eating lunch and he plonked himself down next to me as I was mid-bite on a massive great burger.
    “Sorry about that” as he knicked a chip 😆 “Do you mind?”
    Turned out he’d been sat in the gallery while we’d been training so knew I wasn’t joe public and could relax without getting hounded.
    Massively down to earth guy and a gent who got another bowl of chips to replace the ones he’d just scoffed.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Alan Rickman! No no no, not another sad loss’ is closed to new replies.