Viewing 22 posts - 161 through 182 (of 182 total)
  • Advice please – looks like I've been scammed
  • incognito
    Free Member

I think it's safe to say he's not genuine.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

So, did the cheque clear then, or can we fetch our pitchforks again?

Spongebob
    Free Member

As a seller, if I hadn't received the payment from you, there's no way I would send the lens, or send a cheque for what you have alleged to have paid me. I would have no problem with a police investigation either.

A definite rogue!

I'm sure you already know this, but if asked, don't[b] give him your bank details!

Drac

Errrr! Spongebob what are you on about?

I'm sure you already know this, but if asked, don't give him your bank details!

But you'd send a cheque?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

What a cheque with all your bank details printed on the bottom AND a specimen of your signature?

ajf
    Free Member

Denis99
    Free Member

Cheque hasn't bounced yet – according to the bank it will have "officially" cleared this coming Monday.

Police are still informed and if the cheque bounces then they will interview him with all the evidence to date.

Emails, records of texts, one (only one) telephone call in all of this.

Looks positive that the cheque will clear at the moment.

-Liam-
    Free Member

Quickly read your thread..

On occasions, I've got wound up over not receiving communication for a couple of days(never mind weeks) for an item with a value that is a fraction of yours.

Kudos for your relative calmness and the way you've dealt with it.

I'd be considering legal action against whoever is to blame (where there's blame there's a claim ;)) over the stress this has caused you 😀

Denis99
    Free Member

Liam

There have been a few times during this episode that I haven't been quite so calm.

At one stage I had to believe that I had simply had my money stolen, as it was taking over my life.

The intervention of the police, and telling the other person about the police changed the situation.

I just hope the cheque clears on Monday officially.

Once I've got my money back, I'll discuss the options with the police. Needless to say the "seller" will be banned on the forum where he "sold" the lens. I'll probably put a post on the other forums warning them also.

I'm keeping an eye out on Ebay and the other popular photography forums for him.

A few of my camera friends have also emailed him etc enquiring about the sale of the lens – he hasn't replied to them….

Denis99
    Free Member

Contacted the bank this morning …….

The cheque HAS CLEARED!!!

Thanks to all for your support – it has helped to have some opinions and dialogue, at times I felt I had lost the money for good.

Will be contacting the police tonight to see what I can do about this.

Looks like the closure of a long running thread.

wwaswas

hopefully, although it does sound like it was attempted theft at best so the police may still decide to interview the other guy…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Just read all this… congratulations Dennis.

stumpy01

Nice one!!

Why not treat yourself to a new lens……….?

Oh. 😉

Spongebob
    Free Member

And maybe get a new bank account number for safety reasons.

donsimon
    Free Member

Excellent news. Now if you want to continue your run of luck, you might be able to help me. I have recently found that my family has in excess of 15 million € which we need to transfer to a UK account. As a trusted friend, you have been chosen to assist in this transaction, for a % of the 15 million €, of course. All you need to do is confirm your bank details and forward me a cheque for 975 UK pounds and we will forward………. 😉

Drac

And maybe get a new bank account number for safety reasons.

😯

Denis99
    Free Member

I raised a complaint against the bank (mine) as it was one of the only ways of finding out where the £975 was.

By coincidence I got a phone call this afternoon from them…

They have investigated the issue, and found that the money was successfully transferred to the "sellers" account on 31st July.

The money was always there, and he was simply trying to steal my money – thats a fact that the bank can confirm.

I'll be ringing the police tonight – attempted theft.

~~

Nice one Don, looks like a good deal, might sleep on it…..
    🙂

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It was theft, not attempted. The fact your action make him crumble shouldn't detract from his original intention.

Good result, though.

retro83
    Free Member

Wow! What a scummer.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Excellent news

….and I can sharpen my pitch fork too!

Flaming torch anyone?

incognito
    Free Member

great news denis, well done. keep us updated on the upcoming court case. 😆

Splash-man
    Free Member

Its great to hear that you got this resolved after all this time 🙂

I've got a nice lense here if you're interested………..;)

Viewing 22 posts - 161 through 182 (of 182 total)

The topic ‘Advice please – looks like I've been scammed’ is closed to new replies.