Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • adding a little of colour to a helmet…
  • DT78
    Free Member

Bit sad I know but was wondering about add some colour to my plain white giro tsar. Read a few threads saying you have to be careful as some paints can cause damage.

Does anyone know definitively what paint is okay? I’m looking to do some subtle detailing so hand paint rather than mask and spray. If that is an option. Have a hobbycraft vaguely near me.

Pook

kayak23

Purple?

DT78
    Free Member

*sigh*

Pigface
    Free Member

😆

CountZero

DT, you were asking the STW massive, what did you expect? 😆

goodgugu
    Free Member

She seems to have managed to achieve a lovely shine on that helmet!

DT78
    Free Member

Well my research so far tells me this is a stupid idea.

Then again, it is all complete resprays. I just want to paint some matching stripes on the hard shell.

Need a little project!

brakes
    Free Member

it should be fine on the hard shell right? as long as you don’t get any paint or fumes on the inner shell.
    I spray painted the shell of a full face helmet – just made sure to cover up the inner shell (polystyrene bits)

Northwind

Old-fashioned model plane paint- revell enamel or similiar- will do it, and shouldn’t attack the existing finish. Acrylic definately won’t, but will be a wee bit harder to get a good finish with, and it’ll scratch more easily unless you clearcoat it.

mrdestructo

I used to paint my username on the back of my black skate helmet with white radiator paint to ensure those following me knew I was prone to random stops and crashes. Doesn’t look like the paint has done it any harm, and no one hit me from behind.

oxym0r0n

Why not just stick on some coloured vinyl??

bikebouy
    Free Member

You need these..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘adding a little of colour to a helmet…’ is closed to new replies.