Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Abbey Village beginner ride pics
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member
    rOcKeTdOg

nice bangers!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

is that Chorley on the right ?

Divagirl
    Free Member

Can I come on one of your beginner’s rides Simon?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

sure, they’re open to all, on the understanding that you don’t complain if the newbies are too slow 🙂

You can check the rides here, and they’re every Saturday of the year. 2 Oct is Elterwater cave biking 🙂

Divagirl
    Free Member

Thanks Simon 🙂

What time do they start, driving up from South Liverpool, any beginner rides a bit further south coming up?

Diane
    Free Member

Do 2nd Oct Divagirl – it’s ace! 🙂

stumpy01

Looked like a nice, mixed ride in terms of terrain.

Was gonna ask about coming along to the cave biking ride you mention above sfb, but I’ll be doing the D2D….

wors

s that Chorley on the right ?

Can’t quite make out if they have six toes from here 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Can’t quite make out if they have six toes from here

I think it must be Preston, I can’t recall seeing any tower blocks near Chorley…

Was gonna ask about coming along to the cave biking ride you mention above sfb, but I’ll be doing the D2D.

sorry bout that – it will feature again in the Spring.

Divagirl
    Free Member

D

iane – Member
    Do 2nd Oct Divagirl – it’s ace!

Gonna to try and get a Pass Out, see you there! What time does everyone meet up?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Gonna to try and get a Pass Out, see you there!

sadly “Diane” can’t make it due to a prior committment! She did tell me last time it was the best MTB ride she’d ever done 🙂 [thanks to Gavgas for parts of the route]

lowey

Its Preston.

Divagirl
    Free Member

great, thanks for the emails Simon, see you on 2nd

grumm
    Free Member

Be prepared to be perved over and have lots of pictures taken of your rear end 🙂

Divagirl
    Free Member

grum – Member
    Be prepared to be perved over and have lots of pictures taken of your rear end

LOL Grum, Thanks for the warning, omg ha ha!! No worries, I’ll be the slowest one at the back, plus he’d need a wide-angled lens 🙁

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

plus he’d need a wide-angled lens

got that :o)
    However, unless Divagirl is particularly fetching my camera may settle more frequently on other newbies!

timc
    Free Member

These beginner rides look ideal for my girlfriend, but I play 11 a-side on saturdays! might bring here along soon though!

Diva girl, where abouts in liverpool? I’m in Crosby 🙂

Divagirl
    Free Member

Tim, I’m in Aigburth but from Freshfield originally, I know Crosby – ex Merchants’ gal !!
    Haha Simon, I reckon I’ll be quite safe from yer lens, I’m hideous.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

These beginner rides look ideal for my girlfriend, but I play 11 a-side on saturdays! might bring here along soon though!

they’re very friendly, non competitive proper rides, just quite short and no pressure 🙂

I’m hideous.

me too – turns out it doesn’t matter 🙂

timc
    Free Member

Freshfield & Merchants… Double posh hey! Know quite a few girls that went to Merchants from crosby, all in there late 20’s now mind!

Simon, What kind of distances we talking? its more the technical side I worry about for her…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Simon, What kind of distances we talking? its more the technical side I worry about for her…

distance 12..17 miles, depending. We do Garburn, Parkamoor, Dunnerdale etc, but no one minds if anyone gets off to push the rocky bits, though I might guide a raw beginner away from a few of the routes. In practice, people manage to ride most of the stuff and love it 🙂

Divagirl
    Free Member

still working on Escape Plan for this Saturday, Simon – will let you know soon I hope… 🙂

udnylad
    Free Member

😉 I was wondering where the bottom photos were, then I found this 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

oh and it turns out Divagirl isn’t as hideous as she claims 🙂

I was wondering where the bottom photos were, then I found this

one does try to cater to all tastes :o)

Divagirl
    Free Member

That’s a pretty one on the left udnylad

Haha thanks Simon, don’t be papping my arse though. Good news, I have a pass out for this Saturday.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Haha thanks Simon, don’t be papping my arse though. Good news, I have a pass out for this Saturday.

well done! Bad news: I will be 🙂

izakimak
    Free Member

its preston, the church spire in the middle is St wahlburgs.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Abbey Village beginner ride pics’ is closed to new replies.