Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 1,366 total)
  • A 2015/16 Football Thread
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I see Hernandez has scored in his last 5 Bundesliga matches (hat-trick last week too).

United could do with him now.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

He wasn’t good enough to command a starting place when they created 20 chances a game, I don’t think he’d thrive in th current side.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Leverkusen ain’t no Barca!

Never felt he really got a good go at it at United. Same as Forlan – saw him in the flesh for Villareal and he was one of the best lone strikers I’ve had the pleasure of watching.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I imagine the Stoke fans have enjoyed that first half. Fortunately LVG didn’t waste time with press conferences so he could focus on preparing the team for today. Rooney on the bench, can only backfire really

binners

Without doubt the most woeful United performance I’ve ever seen. And I’ve watched the last few games. Utterly clueless! No pace! No desire! Zero creativity! An absolute doddle to defend against! Can’t string 2 passes together! Not even all the usual ones going backwards. All over the place at the back! Absolutely Dire!

Bye bye LVG! It’s been emotional shite!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I hear Brendan Rodgers is free.

binners

Sacked in the morning! You’re getting sacked in the morning

Etc etc…

Let’s hope so

MSP

Mourinho is available now, and Guardiola at the end of the season.

Chelsea, City and United all want Guardiola, I think that is pretty clear. It has been rumoured that City have already done the deal, but there have been equally strong rumours that London is his preference, some lesser rumours have suggested he actually fancies the united job.

If united want to make a play for Guardiola, then they have to wait till the end of the season, what do they do in the interim? Giggs to the end of the season again maybe.

It looks like Mourinho and Guardiola just have a 3 year lifespan at a club, although for different reasons and Guardiola so far hasn’t left a broken club at the end of his spell. That would probably work for City and United who seem to be prepping Vieira and Giggs to take over in a few years.

Simeone looks to be Chelsea’s second choice, Mourihno uniteds, would Mourihno accept Giggs as his 2ic? Possibly not. I don’t think city would make a move for Mourihno so there 2nd Choice would probably be to stick with Pelegrini.

There is also an outside chance that Arsenal might make a move for Guardiola and surprise everyone.

The drama of what might happen in the management market is probably more interesting than what is happening on the pitch at the moment. It has certainly got me sucked in as I hope City land Guardiola ahead of the other contenders and sets the club up for the next few years, they need a manager with genuine pedigree to establish a strong winning mentality in the club, at the moment they seem to have a fragility that they just shouldn’t.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Arsenlol.

Just add expectation….

binners

Is it christmas?

It must be. Arsenal have set about their usual post-christmas activity: doing an Arsenal!

They’re not hanging about this year, are they? 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

Can’t see ManU going for Jose, they went elsewhere before and it seem to be a big U turn. Can’t see Pep going to Chelski or even ManU as there’s too much work to do squad rebuiding wise. I also buy in to the rumours that Pep is basically signed up for City.

Oh dear Arsenal, disarray all around and they go down at Southampton. Koeman an outside shout for Chelsea or Manu U ?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Bayern president claims Pep has sorted out his next club already and that was prior to Jose getting the boot – it seems certain he’ll be at City, given the ex Barca staff they have at the club.

Jose’s sacking certainly has made things interesting though. Poor old United can’t decide whether they can put up with him even with the virtual guarantee of winning the league.

It is good to see the old top 4 closed shop broken up a bit though, such a competitive league at the moment with only Villa and Sunderland really poor.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Pretty sure the last time ManU had a run this bad was with some fellow called Busby at the helm. They should have got rid of him too – he never really achieved much afterwards.

boxelder

The drama of what might happen in the management market is probably more interesting than what is happening on the pitch at the moment.

Really? It’s great this season – very unpredictable.

binners

Come the end of the season We’ll all have to vote for the worst performance by a ‘Top Four Side’. They’ve all been supplying plenty of potential winners. Except Leicester obviously

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Arsenal get the Boxing Day award to be fair. They were dire.

Just watching MOTD – didn’t realise Chelsea had missed a penalty with a chance to win the game. Hilarious. 😆 As for Costa…actually played like a centre forward should and then he just goes and does a Costa with that challenge. What an utter prick. Well suited to playing for Chelsea I suppose.

hora
    Free Member

How’s Man Utd doing?

MSP

Well Fergie wouldn’t do it like that, but they stick by their managers anyway, and the manager always has the fans backing.

binners

Well the bonkers season continues. Leicester 3 points clear at the top in February. 😯

And looking like they’re really enjoying themselves, playing some quality football. Thoroughly deserved. I hope they actually win it. That’d really shake things up!

The only thing thats been predictable is Arsenal ‘doing an Arsenal’ at the same point they do every season

Rockape63
    Free Member

The only thing thats been predictable is Arsenal ‘doing an Arsenal’ at the same point they do every season

Slightly unfair….but as a Gooner hugely frustrating! 😡

My only hope is that its a blip that we’ll overcome with a surge to the line from the next game onwards! 😀

But I’m not holding my breath! 😥

Enjoying Leicester’s run though…

Pigface
    Free Member

That Vardy goal was a bit special.

binners

It was indeed.

Vardy scoring an absolute peach after a stunning inch-perfect pass from Mahrez?

Its got a very familiar ring to it this season, that

scandal42
    Free Member

Yep, it was even better live 😀

I **** love being a Leicester fan right now.

binners

I bet you do! I genuinely hope you do it! You’re playing some sublime attacking football!

I think the way Ranieri is dealing with managing the expectation, saying they’re under no pressure, and are just enjoying themselves, is genius.

Looks like you’ll definitely be champions league next season, at least

the-muffin-man

Derby are also doing a ‘Derby’ in the Championship. Top at Christmas again, and now gradually slipping down the table!

binners
    Rockape63
    Free Member

You can laugh Binners, but when we get Welbeck back……..

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I hear Wilshere is back to walking….

scandal42
    Free Member

Brilliant

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Pep will be wishing he was joining the other City!

Rockape63
    Free Member

1-3. Never saw that!

The impossible dream continues!

scandal42
    Free Member

There’s only one Citeh!!

20 years of hurt (a few years of delight) it feels like ill wake up in the double decker at Filber St any moment, 4-0 down to Bolton.

Happy 😥

jimster01

Good Lord Tottenham, don’t want to say too much just yet, but Good Lord. 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The Leicester score wasnt as much of a shock as Newcastle actually managing to get 3pts…

zippykona

I think we are all Leicester fans now. I actually care who wins the league this year as West Ham are probably out of the running.

theotherjonv

Unbelievable. In the sense i still don’t believe it, and can’t convince myself that it’ll last. Not a Foxes fan myself but a mate is a mad one; he too keeps thinking he’s going to wake up and it was all a dream.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

If Arsenal lose to Bournemouth today, then I imagine all their fans will be routing for Leicester 😛

Junkyard
    Free Member

Everyone likes an under dog story and this is way into the realms of fantasy- the sort of thing that only really happens on manager sims games.

It remains to be seen how they cope with the pressure and then the expectation next season but until then what a dream they have and what season they have had even if they lose every game till the end of the season.

MSP

It is all falling into place for them now, up until yesterday I was expecting them to start falling away at some point, but now I think they are probably favourites. Being out of all cup competitions gives them a big advantage, they will be hoping city, arsenal and spurs all keep going in Europe right to the end.

I hope Vardy and Mahrez stay fit, it’s maybe a little unfair to focus on just those two players, the whole team is playing out of their skins, but those two do seem to be the catalyst. They are the team up at the top with the shallowest squad, I don’t recall them having any key injuries so far, that could cost them yet.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 1,366 total)

The topic ‘A 2015/16 Football Thread’ is closed to new replies.