• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by chomp.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 8 Year old boys v Kevin the teenager
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

My 8 year old has gone nuts. Is this normal?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Eh?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Basically he’s gone from being a normal child to storming off in a huff, hates everyone/everything.

thegreatape
    Free Member

There is a period between childhood and adulthood during which they are dicks. Probably just that.

wrightyson
    Free Member

My nine year old can also be a moody fecker. I really upset him the other night by calling him an idiot which I felt really bad about as he was very upset afterwards. But the neighbours can only sustain a footy being blasted in their garden so many times. We made up and he’s still my best mate thankfully. I was worried for a bit though. Kids eh!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I often worry about what I’ve unleashed on the world.

project
    Free Member

Is he being bullied in school, has he had a change in food to one with lots of additives,

paulosoxo
    Free Member

project – Member
    Is he being bullied in school, has he had a change in food to one with lots of additives

No to food. Pretty sure it’s a no to any bullying too.

I think it’s an age thing 🙂

PMK2060

My 10 year old is the same when he spends too much time on the Xbox / iPad. When he is out playing with his mates he is a lot better.

righog
    Free Member

I work away, My son has always been mild mannered and laid back by nature. But between about 8 and 10 when I came back from work he could be a real pain really wanting to push the boundaries. After a day or two of “fighting” he was back to his old self, funnily enough I seemed to understand this for what is was, My wife found it harder than I did ( his anger was all aimed at me). Now he is 13 and really mellow, and happy go lucky.

I know it’s a cliche but I really have learnt as much from the kids as I have taught them.

theotherjonv

I’ll see your male 8 yo and raise you a f10.

I’ve got another f8 brewing away. I predict by 2016 I’ll be living in my shed

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Good luck theotherjonv, proof, that there really is always someone worse off than you!

MoreCashThanDash

A mate of mine has two daughters, now 11 and 9.

I have explained to him that in another 5 years he will have two stroppy hormonal teenage girls, just as his wife hits the menopause.

😆

Have an 11 year old boy and a (nearly) 8 year old girl. Both can be moody and annoying. They get this from their mother. The rest of the time they are clever, funny, and very caring and considerate. They get that from me!

Sandwich

I’ve got another f8 brewing away. I predict by 2016 I’ll be living in my shed

Just wait until their cycles sync, along with your wife. Ho, ho, ho!!

lister

My lad is 8. He too is nuts. This thread has made me laugh and feel better.

He can be a real dick! BUt he’s also loving, funny, clever and good on a bike and this makes me happy.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

18 year old always used to say he wasn’t a teenager – just someone who happened to be fourteen, or whatever, and was brilliant.

The 12 year old however is lovely but really getting ready for being 13 in a month’s time. But the signs have been there for years. And the 10 year old son of a mate…

Most of them come good in the end

chomp
    Free Member

Our 8YO had a massive strop yesterday evening after we went out on our bikes and he spent all the ride going through every puddle (some were deeper than his pedals) with his little brother.

He was not happy that I remarked how stupid it was when we got back to the car (I’d been calling him and his brother idiots all through the ride) and said that I shouldn’t have let him do it, and that I was the stupid one.

I must admit that my sniggering and remarks about how warm and cosy I was in my dry clothes on the way home may not have helped.

I think the wife was the most annoyed – the young un thought it was well funny to be sitting in a a car in soaking wet clothes.

He did calm down after getting home and getting in the bath, and even admitted that it was stupid (but a lot of fun)

I was openly well jealous that I didn’t have appropriate clothing on (or the balls to do it anyway) as it looked great fun

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘8 Year old boys v Kevin the teenager’ is closed to new replies.