Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 70K CRC Marathon Buith Wells 8th April.
  • starrman82
    Free Member

Anyone know the winning time?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Anyone know the winning time?

how can you win something that wasn’t a race?

starrman82
    Free Member

okay who rode the 70K the in the fastest time?

dav1d
    Free Member

The fastest time on Strava is 3hr04 at the moment.

starrman82
    Free Member

Thanks dav1d. Impressive time that!!

amt27
    Free Member

Dan Fleeman did that time, he won it, beating Craigy,

bit disappointed with the event, did it and night ride in 2010, same trails used (in different directions) and was 64km,

starrman82
    Free Member

First time i’d rode the Builth event so thought it was a good day out.

knottyknotty
    Free Member

thought it was quite good totally differant to last year and much more off road the only let down was the flat finish along the cycletrack ,would have prefered coming through the quarry and woods like last year

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I only did the 55k route and i enjoyed the riding. Not as fit as i could be/have been etc so i flagged a bit towards the end but i did enjoy the section through the pine plantation – roots and drifty soil aren’t something i encounter much living in the Pennines so a few roots caught me out!
    The event itself was a bit ‘flat’ but i think that was to do with the combination of the cold weather and the rather spread out nature of the event site itself.
    Still, Builth is a lovely place and we had a good time in the town itself.

Looking forward to the Marshbrook round now!

Shorty121
    Free Member

I found the moorland a bit tedious after a while

starrman82
    Free Member

I’d rode that woods section at a NPS race quite a few years ago, i was riding a Pace rc300 at the time so that tells you how long ago!!
    I didn’ expect to see snow on the ground that’s for sure!!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Overall i enjoyed the 55k route, I’m no racer but for some reason i enjoyed that first big climb up to the trig point and the descent down to the feed station. The organisers do put on a well-run event and it’s kinda humbling to see how fast the fast people really are, the top guys finished the 70k before i’d finished the 55k!
    Mind you, i’d got in, had a shower and we were walking back into town for a bite to eat and other 55k riders where still coming in, don’t actually know what time i did it in as my g/f was yelling at me just as John Lloyd mentioned my name/number/time etc.

Oh yeah, MsD ‘won’ a Shwalbe Jimmy folding tyre for being the very last person home on the 28k route 🙂

cste
    Free Member

muddydwarf, that was probably me you saw riding in as you went for your meal : )

My first marathon, and really didn’t train for it as i should have. Enjoyed it though, and will def’ be back for more ( but better prepared ) !!!!!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

We were walking down the road clapping and cheering the riders still coming in, caused a few smiles and a few puzzled looks!

Taff
    Free Member

The 3.31 time is my brother in law who was 23rd o/a and 14th in masters. That 3.04 would have been very close to the winning time I reckon. Time should be posted soon but doubt it will differentiate between the course lengths as per usual.

Taff
    Free Member

Dan freeman was the fastest. See here

chrispo
    Free Member

I finished the 70k in just over 4 hours. If I’d known it was a race I might have put a bit of effort in 🙂

Great course, none of last year’s bottlenecks, maybe a little short on technical challenges thanks to all that horrid dry weather we’ve been having, but still a really fun ride. Roll on the next one!

starrman82
    Free Member

Taff, how did your brother in law work out he was 23rd in Masters? know its not really a race but still nice to know all the same.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Results are on the website

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘70K CRC Marathon Buith Wells 8th April.’ is closed to new replies.