Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 5:10s in the washing machine?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Any reason I shouldn't do this? They stink to high heaven and a quick spin cycle seems to work for my other trainery things.

The special grippy rubber won't all end up in the filter or anything will it?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Doubt it, they may beat teh crap out of yer drum though as they're not exactly light and when water logged they must weigh in at about 5lbs each

Jamie
    Free Member

Also the detergent might not be too kind to any adhesives in the trainers. Just spray 'em with febreeze 😉

walleater

The soles get grippier again if you throw them in the wash, so no problems with the shoes. Whether it **** up the washing machine is another matter.

MrAgreeable

I've put mine through the wash but I wouldn't recommend it. They were near-impossible to get dry (so they just started stinking again really quickly), a layer of leather fell off the inners, and the sole is now starting to come away.

BigDummy
    Free Member

They are very good and all that, but mountain-biking equipment that you can't really wash is a bit of a problem. 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

I've noticed how difficult they are to get dry after a few rides in Wales over the last week of beautiful sunshine.

They smell like they've been fished out of the canal.

Clothes peg for the nose instead perhaps?

IanMunro
    Free Member

If you've got a washer drier, make sure it's not set to automatically go onto the dry cycle.
    I retrieve a collection of small bits of disorted plastic and fabric that once were a setd of running shoes when I did it 🙂

sq225917
    Free Member

I have two pairs of Guide Tennes, one for bike and one for trainers. I wash both of them in the machine, stick em in a string bag so they don't mark the drum.

and dry them well, gently though or they curl…

scaredypants

my 5.10s have been through the washer twice – no problems but still STINK
    (I did wade through a bog for 30 minutes in them & then left in the garage for a fortnight 😳 )

jojoA1
    Free Member

Just don't use fabric softener. Mmmm silky smooth soles!

Coyote
    Free Member

Jet wash 'em. The force of the water should blast out any nasties. Then Fabreze 'em. Sorted. Nice clean shoes and a washing machine that don't shred the next lot of clothes.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘5:10s in the washing machine?’ is closed to new replies.