• This topic has 23 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • 456 Summer Season Shakedown [+vid]
  • Euro
    Free Member

Recently i’ve been finding it hard to get motivated to ride (crappy weather + manflu + various lame excuses). Thought that if I brought the Gopro and a selection of home-made mounts that it’d give me the push I needed.

Took the new On One up to the local leafy swamp for it’s second run out. As expected, most of the trails were a bog but the bike handled them without too much fuss. The main thing that struck me with having such a long fork was the need to have trust in your front tyre. The bike came specced with Michelin Mountain Dry 2’s. Perhaps a clue is in the name but they squirm around something shocking. Great fun on a day like today but they’ll be getting swapped very soon.

Anyway, here’s the vid. Short and autumnal.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-1nNwct8BA[/video]

spw3

Nice vid, Euro. Get some swampthings!

spw3

BTW what software did you use to stitch it all together and how long did it take to edit it from start to finish?

thomthumb
    Free Member

nice 😀

Euro
    Free Member

Cheers spw, i’m normally a HR man (habit) but a swampie on the front might just be the ticket.

Edited in moviemaker (windows 7) then fixed in moviemaker (vista) as there were strange video echo things appearing. Took just over an hour i’d guess.

spw3

Not bad. I’m still working up the Mojo to attack the pile of video clips a mate and I took in the Alps in the summer.

I use High Rollers all the time too but last winter put a pair of swamp things on. So good I kept them much longer than necessary this spring.

Euro
    Free Member

Do it. Sit yourself down with your drug of choice* and get editing.

* not LSD, gawd only knows what it would end up like 😆

Euro
    Free Member

If anyone’s interested, here’s the patent pending mounts used. The StickMount is just a camelbak sized pointy dowel with a camera mount taped to it and the TreeMount is a butchered head strap with a rucksack clasp doofer sewn on. Works a treat.

float
    Free Member

its videos like that that make me want to use flats. foot out flat out 😛

GaryLake
    Free Member

Nice vid but tighten those cuts up a bit! Staring at empty trails for a second or two far too often!

Couldn’t stand my summer season with long forks, love it at 100mm…

chiefgrooveguru

Nice cornering on squirmy tyres!

Euro
    Free Member

Thanks gents. Never ridden with clips float, don’t normally stick the foot out that often either but it felt the right thing to do.

Nice vid but tighten those cuts up a bit! Staring at empty trails for a second or two far too often!

Couldn’t stand my summer season with long forks, love it at 100mm…

Still getting used to the 150 Revs on it. Possibly too much but it’s early days yet. Keen to take it to up a mountain to see how it rides with the big fork.

Watched the vid back and see what you mean about the empty trails. Done a bit of editing just for you Gary 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Ds7Uxey90[/video]

colournoise

Nice work on the 2nd edit.

slainte 😀 rob

GaryLake
    Free Member

Nice one, loaaads better 🙂 And skills btw, you know it’s MTB not cycle speedway right, braaap!

Mugboo

Lovely. Good choice of tune too 🙂

coastkid
    Free Member

Like the drop in to drift! 😀
    Nice wee film 🙂

elgee
    Free Member

Sweet bike, lovely video mate, first video was awesome, second one even better, fair play in re-editing it for steven spilberg over there 🙂

nice work dude.

GaryLake
    Free Member

😛

Hey! Everyone agreed it was an improvement didn’t they!

sv

Nice!

Taff
    Free Member

Nice vid. KNow what you mean about motivation

Josh Ibbet tweeted this last night and now I want to ride http://player.vimeo.com/video/32301541?autoplay=1

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

Hey! Everyone agreed it was an improvement didn’t they!

yes it was but i did like both edits.well done euro excellent!

racefaceec90

nice one 😀

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

taff that vimeo film was awesome! that must be the states?

Euro
    Free Member

Cheers folks (especially executive producer Gary 😉 )

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘456 Summer Season Shakedown [+vid]’ is closed to new replies.