Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 3×9 / 10 on a Swift? – Post your pictures please.
  • OCB
    Free Member

Not seen many pictures of fully geared Swifts around, but I quite like the idea of building one as a kinda ‘everyday MTB’.

My lovely Gryphon is SS, and / so it’d be nice to have a geared bike for longer / lumpier days, (plus having a third Singular in the house can’t be a bad thing …).

😉

Geared Swift pictures / experiences gratefully received.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bump, as I’m thinking allong similar lines.

Do they have cable guides or is it a case of using zip ties?

slugwash
    Free Member

I’ve always wanted a Peregrine but have held back ‘cos I felt that if there was another one in the Dart Valley then I might be cramping your style.

However, as you seem to be hoarding Singulars it looks like I’ll have to break your monopoly in this locality and get myself one.

Now I just need to damage my current road bike to justify purchasing a new frame…..

….Gosh, I hope I don’t accidently scuff it on a bramble on the ride home 😉

shinsplints

Set up 2 x9 but you get the idea. Gears is gears.
    Cable guides are all there.

chainslapp
    Free Member

clubber
    Free Member

2×9 here too. all works perfectly, cable guides are fine

OCB
    Free Member

Ta. That’s pretty much moved it to the top of my short-list.

What did you Gentlemen do about the cable stop for the F-mech? (I assume the Swift is like my Gryphon, and doesn’t have a stop on the seat-tube). I’d been thinking that I’d probably need to fit a ‘backstop‘ or something similar on the ST, unless of course … ‘modern’ F-mechs are like R-mechs now, and the cable goes straight in? It’s been a while since I’ve bought a F-mech. 😕

… and @ Mr. Slugwash:
    Thanks for thinking about my style. Aside from the beard, I guess there is that slight danger that people will mix us up (so don’t forget to order in some amusingly ironic socks too). 😀

Peregrine territory is linked to availability of prey, so a second one in the valley should be fine – Aside from mine, I know of no other Singulars down this way …

Most (bicycle) people I’ve met whilst out riding it (where they express any view at all) seem to be quite interested / curious / puzzled by it – although it did seem to openly alarm a few full-on ‘roadies’ at the top of Haytor on the ToB race day, which was very entertaining as they stood there like open-mouthed doxies with a mixture of confusion and horrified derision playing on their (cleanly-shaven) faces. Who knows how their poor minds would have coped had it been wearing knobblies that day, or worse, if someone had a fatbike up there. 🙄

If you’d like a closer look / have a ride let me know. I’m on leave this this week (31st), so can drop into town easily enough one day if you like – I’m only knocking around locally.

bagpuss
    Free Member

*waves to Slugwash*

There’s at least one Swift in Plymouth and I know of at least one other Singular down here.

Mine looks pretty much like the others on this thread, Tomson, SLX cranks, white forks (Rebas with a Maxxel on mine but swapping back to the rigid fork this week just for a change) and 3×9. Oh and a veneer of mud 😉 .There is a cable stop under the BB so run the f-mech cable under the down tube and up to the mech.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

here’s mine I am running 1×10 at the moment

clubber
    Free Member

as above, there is a cable stop on the seat tube, just above the bb.

if it’s any help I did a review a while back.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/singular-swift-29er-and-suntour-epicon-rld-29er-fork-reviews

rOcKeTdOg

3×9

hanging around by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

but been 1×9 for a couple of years now
    swift by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

ton

i am running 3 x 9 on mine

xt c/set, xt bottom pull front mech, slx rear mech, slx shifters.
    full length housings.
    all works tickety boo. 8)

Martin.B
    Free Member

1×8 for me

Oops the picture isnt coming up … soz

shotbybothsides
    Free Member
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘3×9 / 10 on a Swift? – Post your pictures please.’ is closed to new replies.