Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 37 year old decides to finish career on a high note….
  • mbl1
    Free Member

I bet she regrets that already! And I struggle to understand why the BBC thought this was worth reporting too.

brakes
    Free Member

Boo-Hoovenagal
    you can understand her disappointment but Team GB/ Sky do profess to make decisions without sentiment (when it suits them)

Garry_Lager

Probably good to get it off her chest tbh – she must be gutted.

Possibly unfair, but she does seem a prickly customer whenever I’ve seen her interviewed.

druidh
    Free Member

Pretty bad form to talk about it while the games are still on – and some of the folk in question might still be competing….

enfht
    Free Member

2 words

Bitter Frenchman

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I struggle to understand why the BBC thought this was worth reporting too.

I suspect that it’s for exactly the same reason as other news providers thought this was worth reporting 💡

mbl1
    Free Member

I suspect that it’s for exactly the same reason as other news providers thought this was worth reporting

Indeed. They should have just ignored her whining.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

A few on this forum have apparently found her whining quite interested.

BermBandit
    Free Member

More sad really.

Not at all British, stiff upper lip and a tight sphincter required in such situations don’t you know.

cp

I guess it’s one of the tradeoffs of cycling being in the spotlight – media want to grab every ‘scandal’ they can.

atlaz
    Free Member

It’s not a scandal. She was the fourth rider and not selected to ride in a race where the people who were selected won gold. I’m sure she’s disappointed but is it really something to take to the press?

2 words

Bitter Frenchman

That relevant somehow or are you just being a cock?

bigyinn
    Free Member

She’s done herself no favours at all by bithcing like that. Sour grapes all the way there.

Sandwich

Bitter Frenchman

Shame it’s a Dutch derived name. I vaguely know her as her home village is the same as my youngest brother-in-law.

tonyd

“But I think when a team steps up and makes six world records on the trot and a gold medal, then I don’t think you can argue with that.”

You really can’t argue with that can you? If they’d not performed well and not got gold then perhaps there might be some merit to her comments, but as things turned out it just sounds like whining to me.

She’s 37 years old and could only manage a silver 4 years ago, I fail to see how she can be so sure of winning gold this time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘37 year old decides to finish career on a high note….’ is closed to new replies.