Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 32 hole hubs can i use 24 hole rims
  • elma
    Free Member

Just an idle thought i’ve got some hope hubs lying around that i’d like to use on some road rims i have will this work or will i die a horrible death.

I know i could of googled this but the answers are better here.

mudshark
    Free Member

Just drill 8 more holes in the rim.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You could – but you will need loads of different length spokes and it will be very tricky to get tension right

Stoner
    Free Member
    STATO
    Free Member

Ive got a 32h Campy hub laced into a 24h rim. Just did 16 on the drive side (3x) and 8 on the non-drive (1x), its been fine for a few years now. Make sure you check and re-check the lengths. I found stronger/stiffer spokes as you only have half the amount on one side.

STATO
    Free Member

but you will need loads of different length spokes and it will be very tricky to get tension right

No, you only need one length on each side, but your right about the tensions.

cynic-al
    Free Member

you just miss out 1 in 3 flange holes.

It’s no trickier getting tension right than with a 24H hub, but it does need to be pretty high.

I’d flog the hubs or rims and do it right, unless you will have them a long time – they’ll be worth…not much.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think Matt from 18 bikes has done it. From what he’d said, I don’t think he’d want to do it again.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve messed about with stuff like this, like I say, it needn’t be that complex.

jonod
    Free Member

Ask my m8 http://www.custom-wheels.co.uk he will tell you all you need

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘32 hole hubs can i use 24 hole rims’ is closed to new replies.