Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 29/27.5+ tyre clearance – On-one Inbred
  • bothybiker
    Free Member

Afternoon!

I have a 29er Inbred frame which I am starting to gather parts for. On-one website recommends a 29×2.0-2.3 tyre but up to a 2.4 possible. I intend to use on-one rigid fork with it.

1) What are people running in 29 wheel/tyre combos?
    2) I have considered the possibility of trying to go 27.5+ on it, for the higher air volume, lower pressure, more comfort reasons. Is this an option with that sort of clearance? Anyone tried?

thanks in advance.

letmetalktomark

I have a SS Inbred 29er.

a 2.4 does indeed fit in the rear but its not really usable as there was really minimal mud room. that said it didn’t rub. That was an Ardent 2.4 on a Flow EX rim.

Re the fork – I’ve no experience of the OO fork but would say it would take a 2.4”.

I have a 650b+ set up using Hugo rims and thats a no go for the back of the Inbred.

Using narrower rims may make it work but thats missing some of the point.

bothybiker
    Free Member

Great thanks for that. I had a feeling + size might be a tough one if there isn’t much room for a 2.4 29er

takisawa2

I used to run a 29 x 2.4″ Ralph in the back of my Inbred. I don’t recall clearance being an issue.
    You’d not get a 2.35″ Dampf in it though.
    The wheel set migrated to my SIR.9, which is now running a 2.8″ Trailblazer on a Dually with no issues.
    In fact, with a 29 x 3″ Knard on a Dually up front it’s pretty good.

faustus

Hmm,bugger! Was planning on trying b+ on my 29er inbred too, krampus fork is fine but measuring the rear clearance wasn’t reassuring. Was planning on using trailblazer on 28 mm rim so may still try. Have a parkwood to try it on as well, just not sure the reba has much clearance..?

richardthird

Putting a 29+ Chronicle on a Blunt in the OO classic carbon bladed fork, and a 2.3 Purg on the back on a Flow. I’ve got a Smorg and CM which would also probably fit but too heavy and draggy for me I think.

That’s going from a CM front & Ground Control 2.1 back, the GC is comfy & grippy enough tbh @ 20psi but I think the Purg will be perfect.

bothybiker
    Free Member

Excellent thanks for that

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘29/27.5+ tyre clearance – On-one Inbred’ is closed to new replies.