Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 2.6:1 leverage ratios & Cane Creek Double Barrel shock. Good idea or not?
  • drunkenmonkey
    Free Member

Getting a bike with a 2.6:1 levarage ratio (130mm rear travel – shock 190mm x 50mm) that I was thinking of putting a CC Double Barrel on. I have however read in the MTBR reviews section someone mention that CCDB wouldn’t be a very good shock for a LR of 2.6:1. So I’m simple and don’t really know much about this, can anyone create light where there is only darkness.

Some other questions..

1. Is a 2.6:1 LR high or is this quite standard on medium (130mm rear travel bikes.)

2. Is a lower ratio better and if so why.

3. Are there coil shocks that deal better with a 2.6:1 ratio than others.

mildred

I’m fairly sure that when I was looking into one of these, one of the biggest plus points was that it does cope with low ratios extremely well because you have the adjustabilty to fully open the damping circuits to allow oil to flow freely whereas other shocks that do not have independent damping circuits only have adjustment between fairly narrow margins, depending on the tune/shim stack that is factory set (albeit adjustable internally).

I think on the Cane Creek website this topic is covered in the customer Q&A section.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

2.6:1 isn’t particularly low these days.

I think Santa Cruz Blur/Nomad are about that…

low leverage can offer great small bump sensitivity but the shock does have to be extremely controlled (I’m sure the CCDB is).

UK-FLATLANDER

Have one on my % Spot with a leverage ratio of approx 2.55 and it works fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘2.6:1 leverage ratios & Cane Creek Double Barrel shock. Good idea or not?’ is closed to new replies.