Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 2 hours spare in that there London
  • Burchy1
    Free Member

On Oxford street at the moment, need to be at Paddington for the 5pm train, any ideas?

nbt

Take a walk up to paddington and admire the architecture / hot birds

Burchy1
    Free Member

frippet spotting is compulsory 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sell Fridges??

WackoAK
    Free Member

Go on a one man riot.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Walk up to Great Portland Street and have lunch at La Vigna. You’re a few minutes away I recommend the Calzone.

slugwash
    Free Member

Pop into a branch of Uniqlo (two around Oxford Circus) and get yerself one of their bargain lightweight down jackets/gilets/parkas. They pack down small, fit under a cycling waterproof (for rest breaks and evening strolls off the bike) and are ideal for next month’s trip to the Alps 🙂

Or, go for a ride on a Boris Bike.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hungry? Lunch at the Indian YMCA, on Fitzroy Square. Proper nice no-frills Indian grub, in a ‘canteen’ style, erm, canteen. Discovered this place last week, and will definitely be going back. You can eat well for a fiver, I’m not joking.

I would recommend going up to the top of the Post Office Tower, as I also did last week, but oh hang on; that’s not possible for ordinary mortals I’m afraid. Sorry. 😐

I’d second just walking to Paddington, admire the, erm, sights. The Wallace Collection is on Manchester Square, and is free. Lots of old posh stuff; you never know you might spot Flashy in there! 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Can’t you get an earlier train?

stumpy01

If you are after some food, I can highly recommend Barrafina on Frith Street – sit at the bar Tapas place.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Make a bee-line for Fred’s and chuck a petrol bomb in.

I’ll pay for the petrol.

kimbers

we all know fred wears flame proof pants cynic-al

get the bus up to camden and get lost in the market?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘2 hours spare in that there London’ is closed to new replies.