Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • 11 speed XT – When is it in the shops
  • woops
    Free Member

Shimano website for 11 speed XT

I want one

When will it be in the shops

superfli
    Free Member

A mate of mine has pre ordered from CRC

everyone
    Free Member

Now that’s exciting. Just need to save for a SRAM shifter and mech for a relatively cheap 11 speed setup!

honourablegeorge

everyone – Member
    Now that’s exciting. Just need to save for a SRAM shifter and mech for a relatively cheap 11 speed setup!

SRAM shifter/mech with Shimano cassette? Isn’t that worst of both worlds?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Heard June/July mentioned, as noted above bow listed on CRC.

dickie
    Free Member

Which crank chainline for 1×11 – 53 or 50mm?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Worth noting that these chainline specs on CRC seem slightly different to those quoted elsewhere, but either way, it’s a Boost v Normal spec.

53mm/wider one= Boost 148 rear hub
    50mm/narrower one= Everything else

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

Current dates –
    11-40 cassettes land end of June.
    11-42 end of July.
    Double chainsets – through July depending on rings/cranks.
    Crankset (no ring) end of July.
    Long cage mech – start of July.
    Mid cage mech – mid July.
    Shifters – start of July.
    Most front mechs – start of July, but some not until October.

g5604
    Free Member

any known date for the brakes?

kendo954
    Free Member

excuse me if this is a stupid question….

But boost hub? whats that then?

im guessing i can just run my current n/w ring on my slx crank? but if i change cranks i take it i need the 50mm (hope evo hub)

ir12daveor
    Free Member

Brakes should be available. Been running a set for about three weeks as has a mate.

g5604
    Free Member

Brakes should be available. Been running a set for about three weeks as has a mate.

where did you buy them from?

kimbers

mmm 230 quid for mech, cassette, shifter, kmc chain, new NW ring

can I eek out my drive train till july?

jobro
    Free Member

everyone – Member

My thinking too.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Any news on weights?

everyone
    Free Member

Well I like SRAM shifting but I’m too cheap to get SRAM 11s cassettes plus the xd driver.

dudeofdoom

^^^^ me too 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

Bit dubious of them being new XT brakes considering it has literally just been launched.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Hmm, 400+ gm for the cassette….

I thought it would be heavy, just not quite ‘that’ heavy 😯

Rich
    Free Member

Same weight as my XT 10 speed cassette plus one up 42t expander. So as I expected really.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Really don’t like the current generation of crank arms though. Proper ugg.

chrishc777
    Free Member

I thought that too but in some pics the xt ones look pretty good, will need to see some in the flesh first. XTR is just horrible though, no excuses for that…

notmyrealname
    Free Member

At these prices I’ll be able to run a sensibly priced 11 speed set-up with Gripshift if i get a cheap SRAM rear mech and shifter.
    Happy days 😀

benpinnick

getting my grubby mitts on some tomorrow (In the flesh like – I missed the OE launch this year ;( )

I will report back on first thoughts 🙂

AlexSimon

I have a funny feeling that I’ll be swapping all my X1 stuff over to XT at some point.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m very keen on the idea of Shimano 1×11…finally Shimano have brought it to an acceptable price point, I daresay SLX will follow suit next year.

One question though, why have Shimano changed their bolt pattern on the chainrings? Is there any advantage to be had or is it just to ensure that only Shimano parts fit?

sillyoldman

The BCD spacing follows what they’ve done with Dura Ace, Ultegra,105, and XTR.

The hollow/composite chainring construction combined with the offset spider (more support where rider puts down most power, less support where less required) makes the rings super stiff, which is necessary for Di2 front shifts. Moving towards this in MTB suggests that either they are either aesthetically bringing the groups closer together (and allowing cross-comparability of rings) or, more likely, that Di2 is on the horizon for more MTB groups.

sillyoldman

There are already aftermarket compatible rings for XTR so not an issue in terms of ring options, but only Shimano give you the stainless steel teeth.

benpinnick

So it all looks nice. Its metallic painted like the XTR, but in a much blacker finish. Rear mech has some proper tension too 🙂 So should work much better than current shimano 1x setups. 2 x has some nice upgrades, including a very different chainring profile that looks like its going to stop small cog drops, and the side swing mech is as awesome as the XTR one.

In terms of delivery dates though, I think you’re going to be lucky to get any aftermarket in July. OE gets first dibs, and its booked all the way to September now, so I would expect if you’re looking for aftermarket parts Father Christmas might be bringing it for you. For OE bikes, some companies _might_ have something resembling a full group in August, more likely september and for bikes assembled in the far east I would not hold your breath for much before the end of 2015.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

you’re going to be lucky to get any aftermarket in July. OE gets first dibs

So CRC will be in first then 😉

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘11 speed XT – When is it in the shops’ is closed to new replies.