Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 10mm bolt through on original Hope Pro 2 rear hubs?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I have the older style Pro 2 rear hub (not Evo) and fancy getting one of those SSC 10mm QR skewers.

Would cost about £30 all in, so before I splash out I wondered if anyone else has done it and what you thought of the result?

The problem with Pro 2 rear axles snapping was 12mm maxle lites wasn’t it?

thanks 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

I got the 10mm bolt thru fitted from new to my Pro2’s and run them with a SS 10mm QR. It’s worked faultlessly.

kimbers

have same hubs as you and same ssc skewer. works well and makes things stiffer
    job done

robhughes
    Free Member

Got this set up on both bikes.
    No problems here 😀

igm

I’ve done it, liked it but moved on to a maxle rear end bike – so I have the bits somewhere if you’re interested.

chakaping
    Free Member

thanks guys

do you want to drop me an email igm? my address is in my profile

igm

Will do – need to find the bits now of course.

Northwind

Only thing I’d say about mine, is that it used to be worthwhile when my bike had the older, flexier swingarm in it. But then I broke that and got the new, forth bridge swingarm, and now the 10mm feels exactly the same as a standard QR, just heavier.

Or, put it differently, it could be worthwhile if you have a flexy bike, but it isn’t if you don’t.

chakaping
    Free Member

My rear end is well flexy yeah.

roblane65
    Free Member

I don’t think it was the hope axles snapping it was the 12mm maxle lights snapping as they were machined out in the middle to lighten em up.I have had two 10mm q/r snap the treaded end off though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘10mm bolt through on original Hope Pro 2 rear hubs?’ is closed to new replies.