Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Issue 136 Delivery Update
  • Mark

You will have seen the sitewide notice about the issue having gone to post but I wanted to add some detail to what is different on this issue. A small but significant number of copies went awol on the last issue. We expect a certain number of losses on each issue but these are typically around 30 copies at most. That represents less than half a percent of the print run and it’s usually manageable.

Isaac Orloff birthday cover

On this issue we have made a couple of changes.

1- we have changed to a new postal method of delivery called Mailmark. This service gives us a certain amount of tracking data for each copy posted and should allow us to better understand where any missing copies have ended up.

2- We have ditched the potato starch wrapping in favour of a new, harder wearing, paper wrap. That should mean fewer damaged copies. The potato starch wrapping was great for the environment but sub optimal for the literal machinations of the postal system..

Hopefully your copies will arrive on time and in better shape from now on.

Finally, the bank holiday has slowed down the postal service so please don’t panic if your copy doesn’t arrive by the end of the week. If nothing has arrived by the middle of next week then do get in touch with us here at subs@singletrackworld.com and we’ll test out that fancy new tracking system..

lesgrandepotato

Does that mean I can’t eat the bag any more?

twistedpencil

Interesting, my copy of the structural engineer has ditched the potato starch bags for the most recent issue as well.

thepurist

RHS have been using paper for a while and print the front cover on the reverse of the outer too – maybe a that’d be a way to show off the full landscape version of the cover art?

beer247
    Free Member

The last few copies shipped to me in Dublin have been at least 2-3 weeks late (if shown up at all) they seem to have been traveling via Sweden ?!

Brexit or something else?

Hoping 136 turns up quickly as I hate looking at Singletrack on my phone!

sparksmcguff

Thanks for the update. Am waiting with baited breath. Never had any issues with the potato starch wrapper but appreciate the explanation for the change.

Mark

The good news is that our office copies have been delivered and that usually means the members copies are not far behind.

tenfoot

Hopefully coming tomorrow then. It’s going to be raining here all day

jonnyboi

Interesting, the covers have always arrived (in norn iron) in pristine condition.

Mark

My personal copy just arrived in its new paper wrapping. Anyone else?

singlespeedstu

Not had mine yet.

rOcKeTdOg

My copy arrived today, wrapping will contain my potato peelings later rather than be made from them

Wally

Just arrived here too. Like a Wally I flicked through, turning it over thrice. Cover will light the burner later.

DezB
    Free Member

Cover will light the burner later.

There’s no pleasing some folk – I really like the orange on blue artwork 😉

Mag arrived this morning along with my See.Sense Beam+ light that I’ve been waiting YEARS for. Happy days 🙂

sillyoldman

Nothing here.

Ambrose

Nowt here in sunny Carmarthenshire yet.

thepurist

Landed in deepest Surrey – I’ve put it in the “library” ready for a read through tomorrow morning.

tenfoot

Magazine arrived today, in its new packaging, all in one piece.

Beats cranked, as by the time I receive that, it’s already been opened.

ahsat

Not here yet in our part of W Yorkshire (yes, I know I only have a digital sub – p20 pays for the full sub in our house). I had to resort to reading last weekends guardian and the RHS mag with my Rave coffee. Peak stw, but without the stw! Haha!

ThePinkster

Just got back from college and mine has arrived.

Mrs. Pinkster is in for a quiet night tonight 🙂

gilesmartin81

Mine arrived yesterday, just a shame the postie felt it was a good idea to fold it to fit it in his bag!

duncancallum

Still not landed 😢

welshfarmer

Hoping today is the day!

duncancallum

Whoop landed

aide

WooHoo! Arrived in the tweed valley today, looking forward to reading this, have only indulged in the big hitters article online so far

welshfarmer

Yay, it is here. 🙂

singlespeedstu

Mine has now made its way over the border.

ruggerbugger13

Hopefully when I get home🤞🏻

beer247
    Free Member

Still nothing on the Emerald Isle.

tiim
    Free Member

Arrived in deepest Oxfordshire, prefer the paper envelope over the starch one, enjoying the cover and saving the read for a (hopefully) sunny read this weekend.

Atomizer

Not arrived in Lincolnshire flatlands yet..

beer247
    Free Member

Still not received my copy of 136 in Dublin.

ruggerbugger13

Still nothing in the flatlands of Suffolk but I can get one from my LBS!!!!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Issue 136 Delivery Update’ is closed to new replies.