Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 731 total)
  • Inktober
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

no28

hmm think i’ll give these pens a rap for a while, they’re doing me no favours! tbh they don’t work so great on the watercolour paper, think you need something a lot less porous to make the most of the blending of them, didn’t even try here.

Anyhow 3 to go for me 31, plenty of time left, so i might think about it for a bit as opposed to the splodge approach!. 😆

redthunder
    Free Member

23/31

Going New Zealand time for this one. Moght get a chance tomorrow.

Sabrina goddess of the Severn drawn around a hagstone found in the river and drawn with a reed from the Severn river bank in Indian ink.

23/31 Sabrina Goddess of the Severn Drawn around a hagstone with a reed from the Severn river bank in Indian ink. by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

TwirlipoftheMists

Yesterday’s effort. I had grand plans but then the F1 was on. Not sure what I feel about this one. I don’t think it’s going to be my thing but I quite like how the teeth came out:

redthunder
    Free Member

Looked at F1… then went and painted Sabrina instead 🙂

Euro
    Free Member

Been making a fancy dress costume for ma boy so not had a chance to do much this week. Been nipping on to catch up on the arts though. Brilliant stuff.

Cheers for the Mongrol love 😳 Got a slightly better pic (and dickied it up a bit in the shop – enhanced eyes and contrast mostly)

redthunder
    Free Member

24/31 T.E. Lawrence. AKA Lawrence of Arabia Lamy ABC by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

Ahead of the game again. Here is 24/31 New Zealand time 😉

holmes81
    Free Member

Red Thunder really like that.

To the person who is doing the Peaky Blinder portraits, you can see the progress.

For anyone doing portraits there are some rules, for the size and proportions of a face I’ll try and do a couple of sketches to show said tips, as I can’t remember them now but will once I have paper in front of me.

Here’s a few of my offerings:

and

I think I need to remove my under drawing lines. Also maybe spend a bit more time on a drawing rather than smash them out in 10 or so mins :-/

seosamh77
    Free Member

aye that Lawrence is superb! 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

Thanks guys, with ref to Lawrence.

Every drawing so far on this thread has been excellant, no such thing as bad drawing. As long as you enjoyed creating it 🙂 IMO.

Started playing with ink from the bottle and reeds from tbe beach… I have found it most liberating. Post a couple tomorrow if i get a chance.

redthunder
    Free Member

Cut reed and Quink ink.

Down about 15 drawing straight off, so quick and such fun.

Defo worth trying 🙂

25/31 Jackdaw on a Box Reed from the beach, Quink Ink by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

redthunder
    Free Member

Similar, but some red added and a digital tweak.

25/31b Reed, quink ink, and stephens scarlet red 45 ink writing fluid. by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

redthunder
    Free Member

I think I prefer the original colours.

25/31 a Red Spider Reed, red ink. Before any digital malarky. by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

seosamh77
    Free Member

Like those, your quick style is really nice, your good at catching likiness/ the essense of something in minimal marks. Something I aspire to!

jimjam
    Free Member

Yes, really like that last red ink spider. Very expressive, nicely done.

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

Great stuff, like the reeds pics, I’m still going; nothing worth sharing but working on faces, bodies, flowers, imagining land and sea and scapes, loads of quick drawings. Keep on inspiring me guys!

TwirlipoftheMists

Yesterday’s effort:

From a photo.

Not sure what to do with today’s prompt of ‘squeak’.

redthunder
    Free Member

26/31
    A Roman coin Dad found when he was kid. Not AD293 😉 but 1945’ish.

Just came across it in the collection.

Indian ink, cut reed again, digital neg and some colour thing in flickr.

26/31 Bronze Roman Coin Indian Ink, Cut Reed, Digital Negative by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

redthunder
    Free Member

27/31
    Reeds again.. my inkwell.

27/31 Monster Inkwell Indian Ink, reeds, stephens writing fluid 45 by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

jimjam
    Free Member

I haven’t had the time to do anything this last week, things have just been a little manic. Annoyed at myself but it can’t be helped. Impressed still by everyone’s work.

I even have some fancy markers waiting for me at the In-Laws house which I haven’t manged to collect. Hey ho.

Oh and as a slight psa – this time of year it’s easy to pick up some half decent plastic/resin skulls for halloween, which obviously make good reference for drawing skulls 😈

redthunder
    Free Member

More reed work again… must leave it alone 😉

27/31

27/31 a Reed and Quink by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

27/31 a Reed and Quink by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

Used the list for this

redthunder
    Free Member

28/31
    Reed, indian ink.

28/31 Windmill Reed and indian ink. by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

rmacattack
    Free Member

i love that reed work for some reason.

redthunder
    Free Member

29/31
    Departure from the reeds 🙁
    Introducing my #Flytroplis
    Pencil and fountain pen.

29/31 Flytroplis Pencil and fountain pen. #flytroplis #inktober2017 #inkrober by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

dannybgoode

I keep trying to learn to draw and at least this thread gives me inspiration as well as jealousy!

Some lovely sketches…

TwirlipoftheMists

Climb

She had lots of ropes and carabiners and clampy things with her but I didn’t feel like drawing them.

seosamh77
    Free Member

no29.

lost my mojo this week, not done anything!

redthunder
    Free Member

Love the damselfly 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

No30

redthunder
    Free Member

Outtakes Today… Not really outtakes as such..just more that required on given days.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/58162507@N07/albums/72157665599646099

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ZSTVFS]20171028_123906[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

Inktober 2017 360 Virtual Gallery

Just playing at the moment 🙂 Have a look around 🙂

See if it even works on your machines and devices 🙂

Control and Shift – Zoom Controls
    Mouse – to look around.

Bonus points who spots where the Banksy is 😉

rmacattack
    Free Member

thats great that. not sure about bansky. below the horses head?

redthunder
    Free Member

Not below the horses head ?

It is in there… it really is 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

Cant resist..
    Reed again and indian ink.

OAK FALL AND OAK DOG

Inktober 2017 Oak Fall Reed and indian ink. by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

Inktober2017 Oak Dog Reed and indian ink. by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

redthunder
    Free Member

Army Man
    Coloured in yesterday…ohhrah!
    Drawn a couple of days ago in reed and ink.

Army Man Inktober 2017 Reded, indian ink…digital colour. by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

felt tip doodle day

seosamh77
    Free Member

Haha, may aswell finish off with something ridiculously bad, in keeping with my warts and all approach! 😆

Inspired by the filming for benedict cumberbatches new film/series street up from my work.

No31, woohoo, challenge completed. (Don’t ask me where the wheels went, they clearly came off a long while ago! 😆 )

seosamh77
    Free Member

Anyhow, here’s the full role of my inktober scribbles.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DaMkSw2uozJFViFj2

Lesson, start thinking and planning more if I take this beyond this month, need to enter the world of composing images and doing multiple sketchs of things and putting it all togther into one image. All well and good scribbling and copying, but need to think a bit bigger get imaginitive.

Anyhow, enjoyed the month, for good and bad. OP may well have kickstarted me into a new hobby.

mibbe I should take 31 days to come up with 1 image for my next effort.. hmm..dunno.

redthunder
    Free Member

31/31

“For November”

31/31 For November by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

redthunder
    Free Member

@seosamh77

Top gallery and an great collection of drawings.

Its great to see all the work in one go … Awesome.

And

Great to see everyones work over the month 🙂

Ps How can we all keep going on here ?

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 731 total)

The topic ‘Inktober’ is closed to new replies.