Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Weekly photo challenge. 3.6.13 – 9.6.13 – Tourist Attractions.
  • Tourist attractions this week. The original suggestion by OCB was for “the tackier and more pointlessly gauche / gauzy / glitzy the better?” so go with that if you can, or just a normal one if you can’t find anything that suits.

The rules;
    1. Take a photo of your bike with something that matches the theme in the picture.
    2. Interpret the theme any way you like.
    3. Pictures should be taken between the dates in the topic title.
    4. If you post a picture you can either suggest a theme for next weeks challenge or vote for someone else’s suggestion. First suggestion to get two supporting votes becomes next weeks theme, probably.

Muke
    Free Member

Nothing much for tourists in Basingstoke but the new Airkix indoor sky diving centre opens next month

and this is about as theme park as it gets a Pink hippo bin..

ontor
    Free Member

Is it cheating to have the whole of torquay – tacky little dive that it is?

taken on the way home from work this afternoon.

Proposal for next week: “The best bit…” pics of the best bit of commute/trail/bike/etc

OCB
    Free Member

Ha Ontor, you read my mind!
    (Although I’m not sure I quite recognize it from that shot 😉 ).

Here’s mine:

Paignton Pier –

… and even more touristy (tho’ you can’t really tell in this picture as it’s tea-time, and most people have gone in) 🙄 – Torbay Road (full of arcades, take-aways, and shops selling anything the discerning tourist might want, straw-hat, inflatable animals, I ? ‘whatever’ t-shirts, sticks of rock, pack-a-macs, et cetera, et cetera … ).

(Thanks to that chap on the Giant riding past for the free-ride along the sea-front, given that I sat on his wheel and drafted him for a bit straight after this shot).

ontor
    Free Member

Taken from up on top of stonyman hill it’s a view of shiphay etc. I was going to take a picture of the pier or the wheel but I rather thought I’d leave them to your good self. Good to see I guessed correctly.

proflexforever
    Free Member

southdowns way last night

matt_outandabout

*looks out window*
    *decides it is too easy*

daftvader
    Free Member

Muke… dont forget the penguin bins of the town centre! !!

Drac

Kind of spoilt for choices but if I get out for my planned ride tomorrow I’ll without doubt have at least one.

simmy
    Free Member

Wigan Pier

Wigan Pier by S1mmy1, on Flickr

Yep that’s it.

No amusements, candy floss etc like a normal pier, just an old loading bay to the Canal.

Shame really as, up until a few years back, there was a museum here which as now closed.

oldnpastit

Newport Beach earlier today. Not my bike, but a rental bike ($5/hr). Single speed, wide bars. Coaster brake. Solid tyres.

Muke
    Free Member

dont forget the penguin bins of the town centre

Probably need a permit to take a photo of them 😉

twojumpers

Easy one for me. The Palace Pier, Brighton.

I like the idea of wrong bike for the ride suggested last week?

crispybacon
    Free Member

At long last I’m now able to take part in this great weekly photo competition after 2 months off the bike with a broken thumb 🙁

Here’s my effort which is the place that Plymouth Argyle FC source their back four from

some of the PAFC juniors in training

OCB
    Free Member

crispy bacon
    […] the place that Plymouth Argyle FC source their back four from

Ouch! 😉

ontor
    Free Member

Ok – how about this;

I think it’s supposed to be the design for a fountain

rossi46
    Free Member

The River Thames- or rather an inlet channel off of the River Thames. With the Dartford river crossing in the background.

Many tourists pass by here without knowing of it’s existence 😉

Biggest tourist attraction round here is The Severn Valley Railway.
    Ironically, this is the station least used by tourists.
    It’s a request stop between Bewdley and Arley. Yes, a request stop on a railway. You have to stand on the edge of the platform and wave to the driver to get him to stop.
    If you want to get off there, you have to tell the guard, who then tells the driver, and stay near the guards van as the platform’s only two coaches long.

I like the idea of Wrong Bike. We’ll go with that next week.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/weekly-photo-challenge-10613-16613-wrong-bike

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Weekly photo challenge. 3.6.13 – 9.6.13 – Tourist Attractions.’ is closed to new replies.