Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • The joy of toasties
  • Cougar

Accept no substitute.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-VST041-Sandwich-Toaster-Stainless/dp/B00KM15VWY

and I’ve just spotted, you can get these for it…!

Cougar

… which I’ve just bought. Mm, home-made waffles.

CountZero

Never heard of toaster bags! Just showed the pic to my g/f and she goes “ oh yeah, used to use those a lot!”
    I know what’s on the shopping list this weekend, I love a good toasted sarnie, and doing them under the grill never seems to work as well.
    Mmmmm, yum. 😀

cinnamon_girl

Gluten-free toastie, is it worth the bother or a distant memory?

sadexpunk

Accept no substitute.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-VST041-Sandwich-Toaster-Stainless/dp/B00KM15VWY
    Ordered, nice one. Ages since I had a toastie. Half considered whether it would become another kitchen ornament but I think it may get a lot of use.

thecaptain
    Free Member

I bet that Breville is crap for waffles. Almost all cheap british waffle machines are far too low power for proper crispiness. We had a USA-made machine which was far better, though eventually it broke. Think you need something like 1200-1500W to work properly.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    Accept no substitute.

and I’ve just spotted, you can get these for it…!

Well thanks for that. Guess what’s arriving at the office in the morning…?

slowster
    Free Member

Here is Diana Henry’s recipe for a Mumbai Toastie.

I make it in a frying pan, and I suspect that it might not be as good made in a toastie maker (better with unsealed edges?). If anyone with a toastie maker cares to try it, please provide feedback.

tom200

I did one in the pan earlier, cheddar and salami on sourdough. It was truly awesome.

sbob
    Free Member

I make it in a frying pan

🙁

I did one in the pan earlier

😥

StefMcDef
    Free Member

You’re all kind of on the right track with your fillings but the best needs-must-with-an-empty-fridge combo that I’ve stumbled across is crumbled black pudding, goat’s cheese and thinly sliced spring onion.

mildbore

You’re all missing out on the best toastie of all time, stilton and peanuut butter. You’re welcome

Cougar

I bet that Breville is crap for waffles.

Rats, now you tell me. )-:

BigJohn

I buy red peppers in a jar or tin just to go in a toastie. Along with cheese, onion and pickled gherkins.

I’ve just drooled on my keyboard.

zilog6128

I was at a do over the weekend with a free bar where some guy’s job all night was just to stand there making cheese & chorizo toasties for everyone. It was awesome.

rossburton
    Free Member

Cafe down the road from me does a crumpwich. Two giant crumpets, with mature cheddar and chorizo, toasted. Sounds amazing.

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘The joy of toasties’ is closed to new replies.