This issue’s cover is shot by the inimitable Sam Needham.
Issue 101 is here- filled to the brim with everything you like about riding your bike.
Here are the contents:
- Editorial – Chipps wonders if it’s better to spend your money on bike riding experiences than shiny things for your bike.
- International Travel: Legends across Iceland – Steve Peat and Hans Rey take on an epic trip to cross Iceland on bikes, but things don’t go to plan.
- Singletrack Heroes – Martyn Ashton – The winner of our 2015 ‘Singletrack Legend’ award talks to us about where his life is at right now. And it’s a good place to be.
- UK Epic – Epic Cymru – Joe Murray takes on a five day race across South Wales, with timed climbs, timed descents and un-timed beers.
- International Adventure – Mac’s mission – What do you tell your nine year old when he announces a desire to ride the length of New Zealand? Craig Madsen said ‘OK. Let’s get planning!’
- Racehead – Singletrack6 – Riders said the Trans Rockies wasn’t fun enough, so the organisers created Singletrack6 and tried to beat them with epic singletrack for a week.
- Classic Ride – The Clee Hills – It seems that the mysterious ‘Ludlow, Bewdley, Bridgnorth Triangle’ is fraught with danger, as our route guide adventurers discovered to their peril.
- Column – Meet your maker – You don’t really expect your tour guide of the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame to be Joe Breeze, but it happened to this reader.
- The 2015 Singletrack Reader Awards – Who won what, who was there, and who had seconds of curry? It’s all in here.
- The #JennRide page – A huge thanks to the many supporters of our Jenn’s brawl with cancer.
- Grouptest – Trail lights – Ten lights, from £54 to £800, to light your way this winter, whether you’re an occasional dabbler or a veteran of mountain biking the dark months.
- Bike Test – Goldilocks Travel – Not too much, not too little, but just right? Three 130mm, 27.5in bikes from GT, Kona and Santa Cruz tested.
- Through the Grinder – Summer is dead, the trees have changed and we have eight pages of product reviews for you!
- Grinder Bike – Trek Lush – Trek’s full suspension, carbon, women’s all-rounder shows that boys don’t get all the good bikes.
- Premier Listings – Where to wave your Premier Member’s Card for exclusive deals and discounts.
- We Just Work Here – Where we are, who does what, and what helped this issue on its way.
- Subscribe To Singletrack! – Want the great and gorgeous 132-page Subscriber Edition of Singletrack? Then you need to do this.
- Column – Roly’s World – Roly tries to show a family member the joys of mountain biking; with limited success and plenty of stops for ice cream.
- UK Adventure – Ridge Riders – Inspired by Danny MacAskill, Sanny seeks out some iconic Scottish mountain ridges to ride.
- Room 101 – Some bikes, people, components and habits need to be cast into Room 101. Mark is judge, jury and executioner for the first instalment.
- Column – Adele Mitchell – The thinking woman’s bike build. Think you can put together a more suitable bike for your needs than the bike companies? Adele thinks she can.