Well balanced, good, rich mouthfeel, great body, nice, rich taste and smell… just some of the words that pro baristas regularly use to define the multitude of coffee varieties and flavours out there on the market. For me, i’m less interested in the developing my barista vocab than I am making sure it’s the first thing I do in the morning. Without a coffee in the morning I’m useless for hours. It doesn’t matter where I am in the world – be that a friends house, hotel room or a tent – my preparation for every trip includes some serious consideration to where my first coffee of the day will come from.
Recently we were sent three different ways to brew coffee from Barista & Co. So I decided to put each of them to the test in the context of bike camping. For comparison and to maximise my caffeine intake I used my go to outdoor brewing device, the Aeropress.
Check out the video review here (and hang on for the outtakes at the end)
Fun fact. The Aeropress was invented by Alan Adler, the CEO of Aerobie. You know? That company that makes the frisbie ring toy that goes for miles.
Brew It Stick
- from Barrista & Co
- Price: £12.99
- Buy from: Whittard of Chelsea for £12
- From Barrista & Co
- Price: £29.99
- Buy from: House of Fraser for £24
- Reviewed & Recommended – WTB Resolute with SG2 Puncture Protection
- 2021 Canyon Grail Bikes Launch. Same Frames, New Spec.
- Mākū – Makes you feel better about not being in New Zealand
- Eleven Free Gravel GPX Routes Plotted In Perthshire
- Lauf Announces ‘Direct To You’ Direct Bike Sales
- From Barrista & Co
- Price: £21.99
- Buy from: Cafepod.com for £21.99
- From Aeropress.co.uk
- Price: £30
- Buy from: Whittard of Chelsea for £30
Recently, as a staff we discussed the plan for returning to work in the office. I mentioned that the staff kitchen coffee machine will need to stay out of action as it’s a potential contamination risk. The first response to that from the staff collective was, “Then what’s the point of returning to work?”.
The plan was changed.
Bonus Bike Packing Tip (members only)
While we are talking about coffee..
Did you know we roast our own blend?