Viewing 40 posts - 2,241 through 2,280 (of 2,382 total)
  • Zwift Team Time Trial, Thursday
  • speedstar

Lol Phil shouting at me to get to the front on the descent and i’ve spent the past 10 minutes trying to sprint back onto the back on the small lumpy bits 😀 Couldn’t actually talk for the first 2 or 3 minutes. The pace set by Phil and Paino is so impressive I think the rest of us should be proud of sticking with them.

savoyad

That was a great ride last week. I should have said that earlier!

Spreadsheet is clear for this week’s entries: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

All welcome, just add your name to the list if necessary.

This week it’s 3 laps of the Hilly Route, so 27 lumpy kilometres. I’ve entered two teams, but let’s see how we go…

paino

Down as a Maybe, but more likely a ‘probably’. Depends on Thursdays weather forecast and/or who I’m cycling with!

savoyad

Bump. 2 and a half riders so far (if @paino ever counts as just a half).

To swell those numbers, go here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

scaredypants

I’m probably a half as well. The 2 lads I do a long evening ride on Weds are both a bit poorly so I might be free.
    I’ll put myself up as a maybe and should know tomorrow afternoon
    (please dump me if you get 8 definites)
    ((and please can somebody share the discord link?))

savoyad
    savoyad

Last chance to join… https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

We are on 4-6 riders, so it looks like one team, with a couple of spaces still up for grabs.

Thursday, 7.40pm, 3x Watopia Hilly.

I’ll post start delay and full line up this evening or tomorrow morning.

scaredypants

Thanks for the link sav’
    err, WTF’s “racepass”. I haven’t signed in and as far as I can see there’s no way to do so #it’sbeenawhile

savoyad

OK, this week one team riding as MoreSTW. Start delay +7 mins, so in the pen by 19:40 and off at 19:47,

The team is:

@paino

@scaredypants

@slowpuncheur

@drew

@mbs

@robbo1234biking

Still room for more (@phil56 ?)

Racepass, enter pen A here: https://www.wtrl.racing/zwift/zwiftsignon.php?id=ek9NcVN1Z1JLbll2RVlGV1JBY3lkdz09

@scaredypants
    #itmighthavebeenawhilebutyou’vedonethisbefore: click that link, it whisks you to zwift via WTRL (where you are attached to your team, no more zwiftpower tags needed). You’ll need to sign in at the WTRL site.

paino

I’m out for this evening, sorry chaps.

phil56

@savoyad I’m in – I always was and thought I’d put that into the spreadsheet when you first put it up – not sure what went wrong there.

@robbo1234biking
    – as this is MoreSTW, please just tell me what you want me to do – I’ll keep quiet this week!

robbo1234biking

@phil56 I am happy for you to DS. Based on this team I am going to be the limiter on the hills so would prob be best for you to lead as you will have some spare capacity to talk whereas I will likely be blowing out of my arse!

savoyad

This is definitely a course where a lucid DS is useful. It’s so up/down/up/down that any structure is really hard to maintain, keeping it together on the hill is hard as well.

phil56

I assume we’ll use the MoreSTW discord channel as well?

robbo1234biking

Yes makes sense!

Only 4 of us signed up so far?

savoyad

Only 4 of us signed up so far?

So far…

@scaredypants
    ?

scaredypants

Yep, I’m in now. HAd assumed there was a link up the page when I asked about signing in – soz (definitely not nagging)
    35 mile nightride yesterday after getting lost so I think I’ll be well behind Robbo in the pecking order !

robbo1234biking

Great ride tonight all – really enjoyed that!

Lots of good passes – the course seemed to suit us and we didn’t get tangled in any of them. The only disappointment was we passed the last team before the Esses so there was no one to chase down for the finish!

Highlight of tonight… Phil ‘stay hard and follow through!’

scaredypants

Man, that was hurting me ! Legs were sore before I started and I’m a right mess now.
    Robbo, you seemed to shoot up the hills though as I remember “your avatar” is quite a unit. Wish I could do that – need to train some over/under type stuff as I just destroy myself with slightly harder efforts and then can’t ride to near my FTP

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

That was a dogged ride @scaredypants. Not an easy course if you’re fatigued. Awesome teamwork tonight. Really enjoyed it.

robbo1234biking

My avatar is still a unit scaredy. I have done quite a bit of training including a fair amount of VO2 max training so the short hills last night suited me. Im not going to be flying up the alpe anytime soon however!

phil56

@robbo1234biking – I’m sure it made sense at the time!!

Great effort last night, fantastic teamwork – we looked awesome on the passes!

drew

Another tough ride last night. I definitely found it harder than last week even though my effort was the same. When @phil56 asked if everybody was ok with the pace I had to think about it for a while and came up with a ‘maybe’ for the question, can I carry this pace to the end? I’d like to contribute a bit more but feel I don’t have the legs at the moment to do this without compromising my chances of being there at the finish. Well done @scaredypants for hanging in there and @robbo1234biking, @slowpuncheur and @mbs for some epic work on the front and to @phil56 of course, which goes without saying.

savoyad

Spreadsheet is ready for Thursday.

2 lumpy laps of Harrogate UCI, 27.5km, 7.40pm. Sign up here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

All welcome, just add your name if you aren’t already there.

savoyad

At the moment we’re 3, possibly 4 riders. So plenty of space left.

I’m not around to update the thread tomorrow but just add yourself if you want to ride.

The racepass link is here: https://www.wtrl.racing/zwift/zwiftsignon.php?id=QmhwOHZxa0hiUzZESjBibnRKSVhyQT09
    Enter pen D

Start delay is 7.5 minutes (in the pen by 19:43 and off at 19:50:30).

phil56

@Savoyad are we STW or MoreSTW this week assuming there’s enough of us?

savoyad

STW

phil56

@savoyad thanks for confirming.

There are five of us signed up currently, so we have a team. Still room for any late joiners via the link above. We’re STW tonight, so please use the STW TTT Discord channel

See you later!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Chunky sized Zwift update released last night including new “Makuri Islands,” so allow an extra 5-10mins before you can launch Zwift.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Well done tonight guys. That was tough with 4. We stuck together well – certainly better than that shower for ZSUN!:)

phil56

Yes, another great effort – that course is brutal for a TTT!
    We did really well to stick together – as well as Zsun there were dropped riders all over the place, which showed how hard it was.

Volcano flat next week – that’s a relief!

Paul-S
    Free Member

Sorry about last night, I’ll make sure that I’m on time next week.

For my sins I did a Cat ‘B’ race instead, and totally blew up, made me wish for an ‘easy’ TTT 😉

P.

drew

Another good workout for me yesterday, no increases in ftp this time but apparently my max heart rate is not 172 but is actually 174. I thought it was a hard finish!
    Great work by @phil56 to keep us together with some expert pacing and encouragement when required. Nice and flat next week but that means it will be a fast one.

savoyad

4 riders sticking together like that on that course is pretty impressive.

Spreadsheet is clear for next week: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

3 laps of Volcano Flat Reverse, Thursday, 7.40pm.

All welcome – just add your name to the spreadsheet if you aren’t already there.

drew

Although there was only four of us we were pretty well balanced. I’m marginally stronger than @mbs on the hills, he’s a bit stronger on the flats and @slowpuncheur is stronger than both of us so he spent quite a lot of time with his nose in the wind. Then there’s @phil, who’s quite a bit stronger than the three of us, to pull it all together. It certainly seemed to work pretty well considering the carnage all around us.

savoyad

Bump. Just 3 riders so far.

3 laps of Volcano Flat Reverse, Thursday, 7.40pm.

Sign up here (all welcome, just add your name if necessary): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

savoyad

We have 4 riders at the moment (@phil56, @slowpuncheur, @drew, @robbo1234biking) Riding as STW tomorrow. The start delay is an extremely civilised +2 minutes.

Racepass, pen D: https://www.wtrl.racing/zwift/zwiftsignon.php?id=Y05qeWhKTTJja0R0eTI0MjNDY0o1Zz09

In the pen by 19:43 and off at 19:45

Plenty of room for reinforcements. Use racepass above and announce your arrival here in the thread!

robbo1234biking

Thanks for organising Adam. Are you still riding with Dirt?

Seems like less teams are competing at the moment as there doesn’t seem to be a lot of riders currently registered for the event. Last week there were 496 entries, back in January there were 934.

Just a result of restrictions easing and improved weather I guess!

Going to be close to an hour on the road tonight!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I think tonight might be my last TTT until the end of summer. I’m sure as soon as we get through the summer holidays interest in Zwift and the TTT will increase again but to be honest, it’s less fun with 3 or 4 and I’d rather be outside enjoying the light nights. I’ll be giving it a good go tonight.

savoyad

Last call! Still space for anyone who wants to ride at 7.40 tonight.

Enter pen D via this link: https://www.wtrl.racing/zwift/zwiftsignon.php?id=Y05qeWhKTTJja0R0eTI0MjNDY0o1Zz09

Numbers are dwindling – not just for us, but across the board. Most teams are on full minute delays now, hardly any pens have 30 second intervals. It would be good to keep this going over the summer – we managed last year, but things were very different then.

Thoughts? (maybe after the race!)

Viewing 40 posts - 2,241 through 2,280 (of 2,382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.