Viewing 40 posts - 2,081 through 2,120 (of 2,382 total)
  • Zwift Team Time Trial, Thursday
  • robbo1234biking

Yeh should have kept my mouth shut on that one! haha

savoyad

**NEW ENTRY SYSTEM KLAXON**

The brave new world is upon us. There will be no more zwiftpower tags to update. From today, we do things differently. Full details below. What could go wrong (possible answers in capitals below…)?

1. From now on DO NOT SIGN UP TO THE TTT ON ZWIFT (YET). Sign up on the STW TTT spreadsheet each week here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

It’s quite sophisticated, so any questions about how it works just ask in the thread. Equally, if you see a way it probably won’t work, do tell me. I’ve populated it with people who rode yesterday, but just add your name if you aren’t there.

There will be a deadline: 10am Wednesday for now. I plan to bring it forwards.

2. I’ll post teams, aiming for Wednesday AM. At that point, I’ll also post the wtrl/zwift racepass links and announce which pen each team will ride from – one link for each team, specific to each team, pens might be different. Clicking these links will whisk you through the WTRL site (attaching you to your team) and on to the zwift sign up page, where you should enter your allocated pen. DO NOT CLICK THE WRONG LINK. DO NOT GO DIRECTLY TO ZWIFT.

That’s it.

savoyad

Team entries are in for next week.
    7.40pm Thursday, 1 lap of Watopia’s Waistband – short, flat, fast.

Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

All welcome. Just add your name if you are not yet on the list. Comments are ephemeral, I’ll delete them all ahead of the following week.

robbo1234biking

Signed up. 8 already on a Friday!

Anyone else have to look up what ephemeral meant?!

karnali
    Free Member

Added to sheet but think I’ll be out for a couple of weeks, thanks for the organisation @savoyad

savoyad

Bump. Lots of names already, looking good.

@mbs
    , @dangeourbrain, @speedstar, @w00dster, @rj2dj – note the new system, sign up here if you’d like to ride on Thursday. ASAP, and by Weds 10am.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

robbo1234biking

Im not going to ride tomorrow night.

I haven’t been 100% since getting my jab, nothing major at all just a bit under the weather (might not be connected – might have just got a bug from my sons school). I rode last night and didn’t seem too bad but a bad nights sleep and I just feel knackered. Going to take today off, just something gentle if I feel up to it tomorrow and take it from there. No point putting myself in a hole.

Happy to still sort out a plan for MoreSTW if someone wants to take over pull calling duties?

haloric
    Free Member

I’ve taken myself out – was jabbed at the weekend and was doing sort of ok on Tuesday nights pain fest but then lost the will to live at about halfway.

I’m doing an actual ride in the actual outdoors tonight, if that goes ok I’ll put myself back in.

savoyad

LAST CALL! Thursday, 7.40pm, Watopia’s Waistband.

Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

savoyad

We’re on 8 riders. So it might be just the one team.

Let’s give it a little longer – for latecomers (@mbs, @speedstar, @w00dster are you joining in?) and I also just invited people in the race thread.

Anyone interested, sign up here. Just add your name if you aren’t there already: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

If it’s your first time, I’ll make sure I post all the required info.

speedstar

Ok I’m in. Think I’ll miss it if I don’t. Not sure how I’ll do without Phil whipping me on!

savoyad

Still 8 riders, so we’ll go with one team. I’m afraid that means no new/last-minute entries this week (unless someone withdraws in the meantime) to avoid too much chopping and changing. It’ll be harder to accommodate that with the new system, we need to find the best balance.

STW

@paino

@yanboss

@phil56

@scaredypants

@munkeymadness

@slowpuncheur

@zilog6128

@speedstar

HOW TO ENTER:
    No more zwiftpower tags.
    Click the “racepass” entry link below. This is specific to this race, for STW only. It takes you via WTRL (you’ll need to login) and onto zwift.
    When you get to zwift (ONLY via the racepass) enter PEN D.

Racepass, you MUST enter using this: https://www.wtrl.racing/zwift/zwiftsignon.php?id=Q0lPMGZtdy9nbDNyVHRMdVRCN3kwQT09

Pen D starts at 19:43 (it’s 4 minutes behind Pen A). ON TOP of that there will be a start delay. I’ll update when that’s announced.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Done! It does indeed send you straight to the companion app (on mobile at least) once you log in to WTRL. Neat.

savoyad

It’s working.

speedstar

Done

robbo1234biking

Do you automatically get assigned the pen now @Savoyad?

savoyad

No, @robbo1234biking, I entered one team in latte (A) and one in frappe (D). But we’re only using one.

speedstar

And I’m out again. Sorry lads been up with the wee man since the small hours and going to be wrecked by tonight particularly after deciding to do a fastest race instead at 6am 🤪

haloric
    Free Member

I’ll take that spot if thats ok !

Not sure how I’ll be but last nights ride out was ok, albeit electrically assisted.

I’m hoping for trikes…

speedstar

My warm up was on a trike this morning 😂 I was really hoping it would be the same in the race but sadly not! Wondered what their CdA was…

oopnorth
    Free Member

speedstar
    My warm up was on a trike this morning 😂 I was really hoping it would be the same in the race but sadly not! Wondered what their CdA was…

Same for me….was disappointed I couldn’t race on one.

savoyad

Confirmed team, start delay 11.5 minutes
    So in the pen by 19:43 and off at 19:54:30

STW

@paino

@yanboss

@phil56

@scaredypants

@munkeymadness

@slowpuncheur

@zilog6128

@haloric

All present and correct in the underwhelming new “management interface”.

It’s fast and flat, there’s really nothing surprising all the way round, you all know where the little lumps are. Don’t forget the finish is back out in the desert, so there’s still a way to go when you leave the volcano and get that “nearly there” feeling though.

scaredypants

Thanks for the ride, all. Sorry to cut & run

Might turn out to be an expensive Easter for me – trainer’s gone very notchy and the power’s all over the place … but if I’m lucky it’s just accumulated bits of dust/drive belt/brake material (or maybe it’s all just magnetic, who knows).

I reckon it has overheated which would make sense as this is the first non-freezing ride I’ve done in ages. Just maybe a good blowout’ll “fix” it for another few years of zero maintenance 🙄

zilog6128

Bit of a quicker pace than usual for me! Good ride though, only 3W shy of my best ever 20 min power for the bit before I got dropped 😂 Was basically just hanging on the whole time, then had to sprint to pass that team which did me in! Slow pedalled and waited for Ant then cruised to the end with him. Knackered me out again just listening to the rest of you do the last km on Discord 🤣

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Ha. I was unpacking the suitcase of courage (copyright Paul Sherwen) when I heard you and Ant great each other over discord like you’re out for a Sunday stroll. Made me laugh.

savoyad

@zilog6128 and @haloric you were due a run out with STW, it was good this chance arose. There is such a range of power now in the riders we have that’s it’s sometimes hard to fit our C’s – and some of you are very, very, good at sticking with a fast ride – into STW.

savoyad

The spreadsheet is reset, entries now open for next week. It’s a lumpy one – 2x Harrogate Reverse, 27km. Thursday, 7.40pm as usual. Declare your availability here, preferably by Weds 10am:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

savoyad

Bump. Enter for Thursday here. All welcome (just add your name if necessary):

scaredypants

SORRY – initially signed up but forgot, MrsP has other plans. Shame; I love climbing hills
    🤔 (closest I could get to a chinnyreckon emoji)

robbo1234biking

Currently on 8 – anyone else make it this week before the 10am deadline tomorrow?

Is a tough course this one!

drew

I’m away from home at the moment and don’t know if I’ll be back in time for Thurs evening. Hopefully I should have a better idea before cut off tomorrow.

djflexure

Hi Happy to give it a go – but if you already have 8 I will sit out. Not raced WTRL with STW before but have done it weekly with my club. They just moved outside on Thurs evening and I cant make the earlier starts.

savoyad

Welcome @djflexure! Any other takers?

We’re hovering each week around 8/9 riders which is potentially awkward for team numbers. We might have to choose between small teams and a one-team summer.

drew

I’ve just signed up.

drew

Just realised I make the 9th so I’m happy to withdraw to make the numbers work unless there are more takers.

robbo1234biking

There are 10 in now Drew so you are fine – 2 teams of 5!

zilog6128

Yeah either way would work tbh, either we have 1 big fast team that a couple of us will probably be spat out the back of at some point (which is fine!!) or 2 smaller teams, 1 faster and 1 slightly slower paced (as normal)

savoyad

@yanboss has withdrawn, so we are on 8 (+ 1 maybe).
    Let’s go with 1 team of 8 for now. But I’m open to rejigging tomorrow if we get up to 10 or more.

So provisionally:

STW

@paino

@phil56

@munkeymadness

@slowpuncheur

@robbo1234biking

@zilog6128

@haloric

@djflexure

I’ll keep an eye on the spreadsheet, and post confirmed lineup(s) with start delay and entry link tomorrow morning.

djflexure

Thanks @savoyad – but I haven’t pinched your spot have I?

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Don’t worry @djflexure, he rides for another team on a Thurday night but still does the leg work for us. He’s good like that;). Welcome aboard by the way.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,081 through 2,120 (of 2,382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.