Viewing 40 posts - 1,841 through 1,880 (of 2,382 total)
  • Zwift Team Time Trial, Thursday
  • haloric
    Free Member

NB – note there has been a game update yesterday – either don’t apply it or allocate the time for it. Roll the dice on it being better…

speedstar

Ok cheers Robbo, sage advice!

savoyad

Change your tag @scaredypants!
    Everything else is set I think.
    Have a good ride.

scaredypants

Yeh, thanks. Just in from work and done now.

Time to slip into something less comfortable !

munkeymadness
    Free Member

Sorry for poor communication savoyad. I should be back too it next week. Have a good ride boys.

speedstar

Great first time guys! Couldn’t hear anyone from just past the half-hour mark so apologies if you were trying to communicate with me. And apologies for the outrageous super gravity 😀

scaredypants

great ride for your first one Gav – you must’ve done plenty of zwifting before, you were right in the bunch (gravity-moments aside !)

Sorry to lose you Haloric – we (well, I) couldn’t hear what was wrong

paino

Good effort. I could hear you all the way Gav. The super gravity actually helps the team, dragging us all downhill behind you! Think that’s the first time in a TTT we’ve actually got off the line together, and there was 8 of us. Shame to lose Ant though. Nicely done all.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Thanks to the STW boys for cajoling us around tonight. It was definitely a hard course to stick together on but we all did well. Great first ride Gav – I enjoyed the 20 secs of techno;) It was an interesting insight into team STW. You must be a formidable outfit with your first 7-8 riders👍

speedstar

Lol as long as the music got through! Sorry if you had to listen to any disturbing heavy breathing too 😀 good course as the surges were quite short so it wasn’t too hard to stick together?

Haze

Tougher than it looks that course!

haloric
    Free Member

Thanks for the ride. Jack is dead but sends his deepest love also.

I was just working too hard for my fitness level, was continually in the red, and as we were only half way round decided to call it. I cruised round to the finish. Looking at the intervals.icu also looks like there was no interval.

I’ve done very little on the bike other than the Tue/Thur events due to RL these days, so not getting core fitness up or weight down. I’ve really got to buckle down and start under reporting my weight.

Discord comms seemed a bit up the spout after I dropped out, couldn’t seem to get anyone to hear me although it was a bit academic at that point.

scaredypants

Discord comms seemed a bit up the spout after I dropped out, couldn’t seem to get anyone to hear me

I could hear you but it sounded a bit like you were using a baked bean tin and a piece of string rather than a mic 😉 (all along, actually). (Mind, I’ve no idea what I sound like – it’s a shame dscord doesn’t offer to play you back to yourself as a check)

savoyad

Two entries are in for this week. Watopia Figure 8. Thursday 7.40pm

Enter category A here: https://www.zwift.com/events/view/1833050

This is a more predictable course to ride than last week. The TTT will also be much more fun than @robbo1234biking’s Tuesday night race (an ITT!) this week.

I’ll try and allocate teams as soon as I get a good sense of who is riding. So get signed up asap.

karnali
    Free Member

Entry done back in this week

nixie

I might be in this week. Most of my normal squad don’t fancy two ttt’s in a week. Just waiting to see if I’ve been placed in another group.

savoyad

Bump. roll up, roll up.

We are on 8, maybe 9, riders. That’s the worst possible turnout. (We’d have to send @nixie packing!)

Anyone else want to join in so we get to two teams?

Join category A here: https://www.zwift.com/events/view/1833050

All welcome.

zilog6128

been taking a breather for a couple of weeks but I’m in!

nixie

I’m definitely available if there was a space. If not no worries.

robbo1234biking

There is a space @nixie so sign up! At least 10 of us now possibly more if Haloric Jr (@haloric) and @mbs can make it as well.

robbo1234biking

Some DS notes here (think this Haloric’s friend?)

https://zwift-ds.com/wtrl-98-watopia-fig-8/

nixie

Signed up.

paino

Thought I’d signed up…I have now!

speedstar

I’m in! Just about recovered from last week

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

^ Get this guy on the front for the descents 😉 @robbo1234biking or @phil56

paino

^ Don’t think this guy has a choice. The mega gravity forces him to the front anyway.

savoyad

Excellent, two teams for tomorrow:

STW

@phil56

@paino

@nixie

@munkeymadness

@karnali

@scaredypants

MoreSTW

@speedstar

@drew

@slowpuncheur

@haloric

@zilog

@robbo1234biking

Jack

Start delays etc to follow

These are a bit provisional, there’s still space for latecomers (cat A https://www.zwift.com/events/view/1833050). But they should be stable enough for tactical plans to be developed etc.

paino

@yanboss….you playing out?

scaredypants

OK – I’m dead ! 😂

speedstar

Haha I honestly didn’t have to try much at all 🙂 Should be interesting tomorrow!

nixie

For STW tomorrow what does everyone think about taking set pull lengths where we can, say 30-60 seconds depending on rider strength and calling next in 15s when ready for a change.

w00dster

Have signed up, but if teams are full happy to miss out.

robbo1234biking

Still space for you @w00dster (assume the fancy new bike doesnt go on the turbo!)

w00dster

Haha, new bike is not on the turbo!
    There’s a thread on WW where the same frame as mine has been cracked while on a TACX Neo.

savoyad

@w00dster there’s definitely space for you. Assuming you still prefer riding with MoreSTW, just take that last spot.

@mbs
    , @yanboss, @trolo1234, [others!] – there are two spots remaining after w00dster.

robbo1234biking

This will be the pulls/order for MoreSTW if all are ahppy with it – we will blob on the hills around haloric with w00dster covering the back. Work together though – if you need a rest period then just ask to miss a pull (btw @drew you are far too polite when asking to miss a turn!)

Overtakes – I will lead through with w00dster covering the back. once everyone is through revert to the pull order. If we can on the plateau section on the reverse KOM we will try and organise some pulls but we only go over it once so dont worry too much.

@slowpuncheur
    is overtaking monitor again.

Looking forward to it!

savoyad

Start delays:

STW +11.5 minutes
    MoreSTW +4 minutes

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Looks good to me! I see STW are suggesting following our rotation policy now. They were clearly impressed by us MoreSTWers in the mixed team last week;)

nixie

Rotation is how we run in BRT. Not fixed like your setup but calling your name when you feel recovered enough as taking the next pull out one after it. I think it helps knowing who should be out front as otherwise you can end up falling over each other.

phil56

@nixie happy to give it a go

Viewing 40 posts - 1,841 through 1,880 (of 2,382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.