Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 2,382 total)
  • Zwift Team Time Trial, Thursday
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

The whole squad seem to think they are the weak link etc. It’s like a therapy group in here sometimes.

😂

Tbf I don’t think I’m the weak link, just that on a course that flat most of the work is done by 2/3 of the riders on the front, whilst the others (me included) get a tow round and try to not fall off the back!

My time will come on the hilly routes however, so until then I’m happy to let others to the hard graft!

savoyad

A quick bump for this week’s entry link.

Category A here: https://zwift.com/events/view/1139532

Let’s get two teams out again…

scaredypants

I’ve entered
    Can’t see what the course is, just that it’s 3 laps. Might think again if it’s ded hilly!

tpbiker
    Free Member

I entered

IvanDobski
    Free Member

In

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Three times up the leg snapper, oh the joys….😬

robbo1234biking

https://zwiftinsider.com/wtrl-ttt-79/

Some tips for those who take part this week.

I am a maybe but likely a no this week. Hoping to have a day out on the MTB this Thursday as have a day booked of work. If the weather looks rubbish I will cancel day off and do the TTT but will be a Wednesday decision so if there is space in the team then I will take it up later rather than take a slot for someone now.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Yeah I’m a last minute decision too so if i can make it I’ll join if there are spaces left.

savoyad

We’re sitting on 8 entries at the moment. That’s enough for one full team (it would be in latte) but also enough that if more people sign up we’d have enough for two workable teams.

As it stands:

@tpbiker

@phil56

@w00dster

@scaredypants

@zilog6128

@weeksy

@haloric

@ivandobski

As it happens, the power gradient across those 8 riders is pretty smooth, and I think you could get all 8 to the finish. The leg snapper will be the main issue. But I’m also conscious that the whole point of creating the second team was so that you didn’t all need to ride together…

Extra riders can solve this for me simply by signing up here to category A: https://www.zwift.com/events/view/1139532

But failing that speak up if you think 8 should nevertheless be split into two smaller teams…

scaredypants

I’m happy with either option, just with the comment that I’ve not ridden much since wussing out last week with a sore back – and haven’t done any hard riding … so if there’s a “faster” and a “slower” group, I’m very unlikely to be up to the former

zilog6128

Personally I think one full team is better than 2 small teams, you have more redundancy in case of people suddenly being busy, connection issues or leg failure! If there were 12 total then 2 teams, sure

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I can’t commit this week sorry folks so I’m out rather than being undecided

robbo1234biking

Good luck guys. Did 3 laps this morning in 45 mins but only really attacked the leg snapper. I will be riding a real proper bike tomorrow during the day so hoping my legs are shattered tomorrow evening and I can sit on the sofa drinking beer! Might follow it on Zwiftpower though.

robbo1234biking

How do you follow it on Zwiftpower live?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

If there’s enough riders for the slower team I’ll ride but I’m won’t be up for riding as a single joint team.

savoyad

Ok.
    It’s one team of 7 at the moment, but if anyone else is lurking that could quite easily become two teams.
    How last minute are you @oopnorth? @haloric is Martin planning on joining us again.
    Anyone else?
    The uncertainty means we’ll need to make a decision by, say, tomorrow lunchtime.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I can’t make it either chaps. Probably a good thing after seeing my performance in the leg snapper this morning in the commute 🤣🤣🙈

Good luck!

savoyad

How do you follow it on Zwiftpower live?

Once the event is in progress, go to it in zp and choose the “live” tab.
    You’ll have to filter (I do STW), it’s too chaotic otherwise.
    Then you get dot progress on the profile, and rider power averages, distance, gaps between groups etc at the bottom.

haloric
    Free Member

i’m in, Martin should be signed in shortly, we are easy for one team or two.

scaredypants

looking on the app, several riders are currently (moreSTW) – at least on on their zwift profile
    Reminder to me for tomorrow to check which team I’m assigned to & change my ZP profile accordingly

yanboss

I’m in if that doesn’t make things awkward

retrorick

I can join in for a 2nd team. I still have the (morestw) tag on my zp account.

savoyad

Joining now really doesn’t make things awkward. The more the merrier.

It’s clear now that there will be two teams, so we can give it a little longer before distributing riders, sorting tags etc.

Category A here: https://www.zwift.com/events/view/1139532

savoyad

I totally thought today was Wednesday. Sorry for leaving you all hanging like that.

We are 10. So let’s go 2×5

Team One, STW, start delay is 14 minutes, use discord TTT (STW)

@w00dster

@phil56

@tpbiker

@yanboss
    – update your tag!

@zilog6128

Team Two, MoreSTW, start delay is 13 minutes, use discord TTT (MoreSTW)

@scaredypants
    – update your tag

@haloric

Martin (join the forum!)

@retrorick

@ivandobski

** This means STW are going to pass MoreSTW (it was going to happen eventually) so plan to avoid chaos if you can**

Good luck!

retrorick

I’m going to search for another mic for the discord. I had poor connection a few weeks ago.

haloric
    Free Member

reminder: in teams of 5 it’s the first 4 to cross the line.

> ** This means STW are going to pass MoreSTW (it was going to happen eventually) so plan to avoid chaos if you can**

We will explicitly ease as you go by, but we will be counting the kms until it does !.

scaredypants

FFS ! can somebody please remind me how I change my profile 🙁

edit – sorted now, sorry.

I have ONLY changed it on ZP and have changed to (MoreSTW) – that’s right, yeah ?

haloric
    Free Member

> I have ONLY changed it on ZP and have changed to (MoreSTW) – that’s right, yeah ?

Yes.

What I usually do is find the event on zwiftpower (https://zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=1139532) and then at the top right is a ‘Settings’ link where you can change your team and your name and tag *for this event only*, which is very useful if you are flipping between tags and teams.

The team bit isn’t actually used for results, but its useful on the event page if you type ‘stw’ in the text box it will restrict results to teams and tags that just have that.

Then you can sort by various columns which is also useful.

yanboss

Sorry all, internet was all over the place. Thanks for waiting and the tow Phil. Will try and test out running a cable before next week

zilog6128

Messy race!! Great workout though 😀 Apologies for the end, just didn’t have another push left in me after that blue team came through again (for the third time I think?) Was a good battle!

Another solo numpty this week too! Why do We always attract them 😂

w00dster

Mine connection wasn’t great either, first time I’ve ever had connectivity drops. I was ported go riding in another group doing 134 watts, no matter how hard I pedalled my power stayed the same.

scaredypants

Well that’s it – I’m not riding with that team again. **** SHAMBLES !

One of them rode off before the start and we didn’t see the daft sod again until the top of the hill. What a dozy chimp !

🤡🤠

IvanDobski
    Free Member

The best bit was the realisation – “I’m on my own at the top of a hill, where are you guys?!”

scaredypants

(sorry lads)

scaredypants

I bet even that Ganna lad at sky hasn’t dropped his team for 6 minutes in the first half lap

paino

Was watching that on ZP from my very quiet ATC sector at work. No idea what caused some of those time splits but good effort nonetheless! Good Work Ian trying to get back on after the split!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

All part of the fun!

Provisional times:

A Team – 40:20.772 Avg 39.86kph

Split A: 12:40
    Split B: 24:43
    Split C: 33.19

B Team – 43:07.586 Avg 37.29

Split A: 13:34
    Split B: 26:27
    Split C: 35.33

Other than the start that went pretty well I thought, stayed together on the climbs other than that one on the first lap where the first couple of riders from that blue team passed us then the others were a lot slower so that got messy – not our fault though.

According to WTRL we got all 5 riders over within half a second of each other – well, 0.503 but whatevz.

haloric
    Free Member

Nice ride I think – no-one off the back at any point – constant unnecessary badgering has its benefits !.

That McElroy rider was either deliberately being a pain or was totally clueless, its probably a 10 year old.

The first time up the snapper with the combined drama of that rider, our lone pathfinder and the alpha team bearing down went pretty well considering, 2nd lap we were even faster i think !.

Never seen so many bumble kits. Wonder if we will get DQ’ed ?.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I think at one point there were 4 teams in succession on the road in the Bumblebee kit? Might be worth considering a change to something less common!

Kryton57

Wonder if we will get DQ’ed ?

We’ve been threatened with a complaint after some virtual handbags.   A team in green came through us chasing one of their riders that went up the snapper ahead of the rest.  We backed off but just as their last rider went past so did they, leaving us in their draft and confused and whether to come to a virtual stop or resume normal power and take them again.  We chose the latter and went past.  The moaning started.

They came through again and repeated the whole damn thing.  After more complaints I advised them to go past and keep the power on until they’d broken the draft by creating a gap, and all would be good.  A few choice statements about THE RULES in caps and we were at the snapper again, so we decided (via Zoom) to hit the climb at 5wg to drop them which we did.  What can you do when you are sitting there backing off at 1.5wkg and still catching a team?

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 2,382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.