Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 836 total)
  • Zwift Team Time Trial – Thursday evenings
  • chrischarles
    Free Member

I joined in with you guys on Tuesday which was fun and I would love to join tomorrow for the ttt if possible. I’m not registered with wtrl but I guess that’s easy enough? Is there space for 1 more ?

savoyad

Hi Chris. You are definitely welcome. And there’s probably a place tomorrow.
    I’ll be offline in the morning. (@robbo1234biking and @phil56 can you try to marshal the maybes & Chris into a team of 8?)

robbo1234biking

@chrischarles – you need to sign up as per below:

1. You need an account at WTRL. If you don’t already have one, click here: https://www.wtrl.racing/registration/
    2. Click on this link to enter – you wil go through a WTRL splash screen, log in and that will automatically enter you in the correct pen for the race tonight. https://www.wtrl.racing/RacePass/?id=ZTh2VjdVNEpGTk5oZS9JdUNVZjFjZz09

These are the details specific to the TTT but dont worry – once you are on Discord we can talk you through most stuff.

– ride a road bike in-game (NOT a TT bike. You need the draft!). dress up as a bumblebee (again, in-game).
    – comms will be via discord. The STW server is here: https://discord.gg/y4wE8UUJ and the TTT voice channel is over on the left. If you can’t make yourself heard, just listen. It can work without, but it’s complicated…
    – this is the MOST IMPORTANT BIT! The start is basically a workaround. You must be in the pen for the event start time (19:43). But each team has its own team start time. Once the countdown hits zero you MUST NOT GO! Instead, sit tight for the team’s start delay, which tonight is 10.5 minutes. Don’t move. Don’t pedal. Don’t start. Don’t leave the pen until 10.5 minutes have passed. THEN you can start. There will be timekeeping and a countdown over discord.
    – there’s no pressure to ride on the front (“pull”), or win the event etc. Sit in, learn the ropes, see how the team works together.
    – Phil56 will run things on the road. so if in doubt, follow him or whatever he says!

If there are more questions, just ask and they’ll be answered quickly

Team is:

Phil56
    Paul-S
    Dangeourbrain
    Kirky72
    Sturdylad
    ChrisCharles
    Robbo1234biking

Do any of the maybes want to commit for the last space?

@Weeksy

@Slowpuncheur

@Paino

@Benman

First to post up is in as I cant think of a fairer way to do it!

benman
    Free Member

I’m happy to bow out. I need a rest day

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Sorry for late call but I’m out. Got a busy evening. Ride well.

robbo1234biking

@paul-s @dangeourbrain – I cant see you signed up yet?

Everyone looks good I think

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Sorry about that, all done

Paul-S
    Free Member

Sorry thought that I had, but done now.

P.

savoyad

Yep, all 7 confirmed starters are registered.

Either of @weeksy or @paino fancy making it 8?

weeksy

Sorry matey, wife went out all day so I rode earlier

paino

Sorry, been royally effed about by tradesmen today not turning up when they were supposed to, so a pre night shift nap is in order.

kirky72
    Free Member

arw we pen or group D. cant see any body else in there?

robbo1234biking

Still warming up!

savoyad

Pen is automatic nowadays @kirky72

There were errors this morning, so I hesitate to be too sure, but it should just work. Are you in the desert pens (D)?

kirky72
    Free Member

is it a 5 minute prompt to join the event?

savoyad

You can join from 30 minutes. Event start is 19:43 (then start delay 10.5 mins tonight)

kirky72
    Free Member

i ahd to come out to get the invite.

10.5 minutes of not oedalling wow.

kirky72
    Free Member

nice work guys. sorry i didnt jump on discord, i nearly missed the pack at the start but i hopefully followed the plan and didnt step out of line after that.

good workout, im sweating like a stallion now.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Popped.

I should not have tried to bridge over to kirky in that last few 00 metres. I caught his wheel and simultaneously went pop.

Cheers guys. I’m ruined.

Oh, 290 now according to intervals @robbo1234biking. That’s my season ruined 🤣

chrischarles
    Free Member

Thanks guys, that was fantastic. It was good of you all to drag me along. Love to join in again next week if there’s room. Promise to get a speaker sorted!

robbo1234biking

Yeh cheers all. Good effort from everyone.

Chris – there is a button the second in from the right above the push to talk button. If you click on that you should be able to choose the output.

Paul-S
    Free Member

Good effort everyone, I found that realy hard, every time I looked down I was > ftp and I did that a lot. Suprised that I didn’t get an FTP boost tonight, but I suppose that we didn’t have the silly start that always happens on Race night 🙂

Now not looking forward to Tuesday 🙁

P.

chrischarles
    Free Member

Cheers Robbo 👍🏻

giggsmaster
    Free Member

That looks a quick ride with some big numbers, looks like I’ll be hoping for the B team to come out to play next week.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Lordy lord the commute this morning was hard work. Think I might cry off the gym this evening!

Paul-S
    Free Member

Looking at Zwift Power and it’s interesting how we all had similar W/kg.

R obbo STW STW 51:04+10:46 3.4w/kg 305w
    Phil Alcock (STW) STW 51:04+10:46 3.4w/kg 285w
    John B [STW] Team CLS 51:04+10:46 3.4w/kg 272w
    Paul S (STW) STW 51:04+10:47 3.3w/kg 226w
    Brian Dangeourbrain (STW) STW 51:13+10:55 3.2w/kg 281w

P.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

You’re missing kirky, who I think averaged about 900W.
    (And Chris, though I think his numbers were probably more sensible)

Paul-S
    Free Member

Sorry, just did a search for STW in the results.

P.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

No need to apologise – my effort looks much more respectable in the current short curated line up.

robbo1234biking

Spreadsheet is reset for this week. 2 laps of Harrogate circuit reverse this week so a challenging course!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit

“Harrogate Circuit Reverse” Route Details (Yorkshire)

chrischarles
    Free Member

I’m not on the sheet and only a C rider but would love to join Thursday if space as loved last week.

sturdylad
    Free Member

I’m in again this week if you’ll have me!

robbo1234biking

I’ve added you to the spreadsheet Chris. You will be ok there for ever more now!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

2 laps is pretty brutal!

I’m in – if we make a full team plus (which looks plausible at this rate!) I might go ride it in the real world instead and compare my time!

If that’s not incentive enough for folks to sign up I don’t know what is.

chrischarles
    Free Member

🤣 thanks Robbo . See you Thursday, hopefully I can hang on !

robbo1234biking

I might go ride it in the real world instead and compare my time!

You have to do two laps as well!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Indeed. I’m really rather hoping we only get 8 of us

giggsmaster
    Free Member

I’ve put my name down, but only if there will be a slower B Team. At the moment I’m at least 0.5 down on w/kg on some of you.

I don’t think it’s fair for you guys to have to take it easy to compensate for a slow rider, I know it would take the enjoyment out of it for me, if I was in your shoes/spud’s.

robbo1234biking

We are on 8 – any more takers?

giggsmaster you should join in anyway – its not compensating, it is a team effort plus as a hilly route your power to weight ratio is more suited to the course in any case.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

We are on 8 – any more takers?

Oh dear. maybe I won’t have to be trying to ride down parliament Street in traffic after all

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 836 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.