Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Zwift + tacx flow + samsung tab s4 ANT+ issue
  • brungle
    Free Member

Does anyone use a tacx flow on Zwift with a Samsung android tablet and is able to pair it as a controllable trainer?

If I do manage to pair it as a controllable trainer (using Ant+) the tablet has to be right beside the trainer and it just loses signal as I move the tablet and start riding. No watts recorded but rpm still is.. rider doesn’t move)

It seems ok paired as the power source and cadence sensor (via bluetooth) and it also seems to be controlling the resistance as I ride in zwift (which is confusing when its not paired as controllable? Is this even possible?)

I think Zwifts Ant+ android support is perhaps limited and not supporting FEC?
    Do I need to give up and use a laptop with am Ant+ dongle or is my trainer faulty?

All i really care about is Zwift being able to control the trainer resistance.

I’m a total Zwift/smart trainer noob so any help appreciated.

Cheers

BadlyWiredDog

https://forums.zwift.com/t/ant-compatibility-in-the-android-app/172939

That’s from December 2019 and seems to say that the Android app doesn’t work with ANT+

More generally, if you do use an ANT+ dongle, it’s worth investing in an extended USB lead so you can put the dongle as close as possible to the trainer to avoid drop-outs.

househusband

Just a suggestion but try turning on your tablet’s GPS.

I had problems with my Kurt Kinetic trainer pairing with any device until Kurt suggested it; they can’t keep up with platform updates. I pointed out that this wasn’t on their online support and they acknowledged that their online support can’t keep pace:

‘The location tracking is a fairly new issue, hence it not being everywhere in our marketing yet. Apple and Android updates always seem to give us some consternation.’

If it worked for me it may for you.

Poopscoop

To be clear op, it pairs and controls the trainer when the tablet is close to the turbo??

brungle
    Free Member

Yes thats right it pairs as a controllable device when close to the trainer but soon drops when moved away. I’m not certain if it controls it or not though as the signal dropped before I hit a hill. I wonder of the Ant+ signal on the tablet/trainer is just rubbish?

I’m pretty sure I had GPS turned on too but I will recheck.

Should the trainer still be controllable by Zwift even connected in bluetooth mode only? Just wondering what the point of using ANT+ is in that case?

I’m not sure I can get any kind of ANT+ extension for the tablet. Seems daft that you have to have the receiving device so close to the trainer. It might aswell be a plug in job rather than Wifi! Could be something else wireless interfering I guess, sure I read ANT+ runs in similiar default channels to home Wifi.

Poopscoop

Hi mate, I’m a little out of my depth on this but I know my pretty cheap Android tablet links to my Core and controls it perfectly via BT. No ant+ on the tablet.

That said,I actually use a cheap eBay Ant+ dongle that goes to my pc to run Zwift usually but the Android tablet does work if I really had to use it.

I know nothing about the Tacx, might be worth trying another Android device? Or just go with the pc option mate.

brungle
    Free Member

thanks for the suggestions, I managed to get it to connect as controllable via bluetooth and seems to work fine now, I decided to leave ANT+ off as it seemed to be causing more problems ie. when it was turned on it didn’t find it as controllable (even via bluetooth) strange but all ok now thanks. Zwift is awesome!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Zwift + tacx flow + samsung tab s4 ANT+ issue’ is closed to new replies.