Viewing 40 posts - 15,121 through 15,160 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • oopnorth
    Free Member

I’ve still never worked out how to enter to get the Tron so I don’t have it, despite having climbed more than enough for it

*Shocked!!* I wish I’d known this sooner as I would have shown you. All those hills you climbed…
    I was angry that I didn’t realise about the Everest challenge until I’d already done 3000m…but you have done over and above.

kirky72
    Free Member

like weeksy I also forgot all about selecting the Everest challenge as I thought you would get it when you have simply climbed the required amount. However zwiftinsider doesn’t seem to suggest it’s the fastest frame for any track so happ6 to flit between the Venge S works For the flat courses and new tarmac for anything bumpier.

Only one race this week, yesterday I did the 4.37 crit city, 12 laps dolfin. Jumped into the C as I wasnt feeling too lively and I’m still just about a C on zwiftpower.

First lap was just ridiculous thrashing it at 300/350w, reminded me of our volcano and Paris races in robbos series, eventually settled down a bit but alternated between coasting in the draft at 200w and up 300/350 on the rollers after the finish line. Hung with the lead group of about 10 for 6 laps until a couple of guys tried a breakaway but didn’t get too far and we reigned them back in after a lap or two.

After failing to get any useful PU for 7 laps I finally got an aero, I hatched a plan to drop it just before the start/finish line and then I could lay down some power hoping to pick up a feather or another aero and make a break from the pack for myself and at worst a split for a few of us to get away to guarantee a podium. Didnt work, I really went for it hammering 400w for a minute or so but just dragged the whole pack with me. Sat back in and conserved my energy hoping for a pu before the last lap. Got a feather, and as one guy made an early break I dropped it and try to follow on his tail, we lapped a bunch and I think this helped to split the chasing pack as nobody stuck with me and I was tiring before the finish.

Finished second on the road but noticed 1st had averaged 3.8, I was as 3.3 and third place 3.6 so most likely a lot of sand baggers in this race. Zwiftpower disqualified the first for me to pick up gold. My status is still C but states in brackets nearly B so only a matter of time before I need to move up.

zilog6128

However zwiftinsider doesn’t seem to suggest it’s the fastest frame for any track

it is unless you’re at least level 35 and have a disc wheel set! (So not me then 😭) Not so much for pure climbing though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dirtyrider
    Free Member

no idea how you do more than one of those crit races a week/month/ever weeksy, so brutal

did the 1745 Bell Lap, is it 7 laps? just had no sprint left, nothing, 650w max i think however, on the limit, finished in the front bunch which i was happy with, 2 seconds split the top 11, rolled through 9th on ZP,

20:10 and 4.0w/kg (Zwift PR) 320w NP (Zwift PR for anything over 20 minutes) 4.1w/kg for 5 minutes, and Zwift FTP update to 305w

ouch!

weeksy

no idea how you do more than one of those crit races a week/month/ever weeksy, so brutal

I’ve done 5 in a week before. I love crits!

weeksy

I was going to do a Zwift race, crity city.

When I entered I got a warning on Zwift. “You have entered a race outside of your power category” etc.

Clearly a new and welcome feature.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Ahh…but does it stop them entering 🤣🤣

weeksy

Sadly not. But it’s a big big message.

weeksy

Irritated today a bit…

Entered the TTR Weekly…

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=1152160

I assumed it was a TT race based upon that… So i was on a TT bike…

2 mins in i realise… it’s not a TT race… it’s a full on race. 5km i was 3s off the lead C group, then pulled them back… but they had a B or 2 and ended up pulling away.

Sadly, i think if i were on the right bike, i’d have done OK.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Sadly, i think if i were on the right bike, i’d have done OK

I’ve had a few of those. It’s quite rubbish!

binners

As a beginner with this Zwift lark, starting this week on a borrowed turbo, I’m still finding my way around

I bet you lot know already, but still being a novice, I can’t find the ‘gentle pootle to the pub’ rides.

Whereabouts are they?

oopnorth
    Free Member

You want flat Binners? If so use the Watopia routes “Tempus Fugit” or “Tick Tock”. They are totally flat. Other options are Watopia flat or volcano flat which only have minor rises in elevation.

Those will get you started, all the worlds have a flat option…apart from Yorkshire 🙂 Just go looking.

To get the best out of it, join a STW ride, we look after everyone and no one gets left behind!!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I bet you lot know already, but still being a novice, I can’t find the ‘gentle pootle to the pub’ rides.

Whereabouts are they?

The beauty of zwift is you can drink from a pint glass whilst pedaling binners.

binners

I’m liking the sound of this.

I’ll have to work my way up to a STW group ride. Could we instigate one that involves drinking whilst riding? I’d be up for that 😀

I’m done a few short rides over the last week with a few climbs. I’m quite enjoying not being soaked and covered in mud. Is this a slippery slope? Or whatever the opposite of a slippery slope is?

oopnorth
    Free Member

It gets addictive…be warned. You are more than welcome to drink on our rides, most of us turn up on a Sunday with hangovers anyway!

weeksy

Binners, you pick the pace and we’ll ride with you.

Pick a time and day and I’ll sort the rest

oopnorth
    Free Member

Yeah I’m up for that too if I’m available

binners

Blimey! Right… let me find my way around it properly and we can have a leisurely pootle with a pint at the weekend. Sunday with a hangover sounds ideal 😃

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Sunday with a hangover sounds ideal 😃

There’s a bit of discussion about this weeks on tother thread, if you want an invite you’re welcome to join us but you need to be following who ever is organising it, this week falls to me. I should be easy enough to find if you search for dangeourbrain on the companion app – I can’t imagine there being more than one with a silly name like that.

weeksy

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=1155049

Bit of a hollow victory today. Got dropped on lap 7 but it transpires the guy is an A with 4.2 average lol. I was 9th on the road and was a fun race, but the bandits really spoil things at times

dirtyrider
    Free Member

compared a set of Assioma Unos with my Quarq today

Assioma

5m – 339w
    10m – 3292
    20m – 314w

Quarq 1x 50t

5m – 332w
    10m – 322w
    20m = 309w

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Given the losses as you move through the drivetrain system that’s pretty much what you’d expect isn’t it?

kirky72
    Free Member

Binners for a social rather than race look in the events via the companion app for the more social rides like revo, the spinaloozas are good and the shorter endurance rides, drum n bass. anything where it tells you the maximum w _kg they will be sticking to.

I use them for recovery rides.

I decided that following a few days in activity I would tick of Ventop yesterday. not sure if I prefer it to alpe its far less steep but no let up and just goes on. Finished the climb proper in just under 1hr 30. taking it steady at times to try and pace myself for a change.

doubt ill go up there again any time soon if ever.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Didn’t some of you on here buy an Elite Sterzo Smart a while back?

If so, how are they holding up a few months later, possibly being hammered, due to you being furloughed or working from home?

Glad you bought it?

Garry_Lager

compared a set of Assioma Unos with my Quarq today

Assioma

5m – 339w
    10m – 3292
    20m – 314w

Quarq 1x 50t

5m – 332w
    10m – 322w
    20m = 309w

I got some assiomas in the summer and thought they were a little on the low side – just a couple of percent below the turbo, but I pb’d a couple of 25 and tens outside with them reading wee man power. Hard to say on the tests though with the difference position makes, going faster at less power etc.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Didn’t some of you on here buy an Elite Sterzo Smart a while back?

I’ve got one hidden in a draw as my birthday present from Mrs brain so no feed back for a while yet sorry

weeksy

Anyone coming flat racing at 4:10 ?

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=1175950

retrorick

Weeksy, which cat have you entered? I’ll join in. I think I’ll enter cat C though.

weeksy

C mate for me.

retrorick

Yep! I looked a little closer and saw the category you are in. 👍

oopnorth
    Free Member

My legs are still not race worthy after last night hahaha!

weeksy

Got to bail. My boy wants to go to the woods and Mrs Weeksy doesn’t want him to do dark on way home alone. So I’ve been roped in

retrorick

Outside is better than inside. Race went ok. I didn’t finish last. I could see other racers but couldn’t see any of their data. Maybe it was a glitch?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

ive got a sterzo smart for sale if anyone wants one, don’t like it

savoyad

I could see other racers but couldn’t see any of their data. Maybe it was a glitch?

It’s a glitch. Quite an annoying one. It’s happened to me twice recently (including on Monday). There is a support thread here where they might be interested in your logs: https://forums.zwift.com/t/riders-nearby-board-empty-on-group-rides-races/481296

retrorick

I’ll take a look at the support thread. Thanks for the link.

weeksy

I had it on our Tues night event after about 5 min

oopnorth
    Free Member

So…what is everyone’s solution to the sweat fest of zwift? I usually use a towel draped on the bars but often in the thick of racing (like Tuesday night) I’m dripping and don’t have the opportunity to do the towel thing as I’m sprinting etc…
    This often results in sweat dripping on the phone which is on my bars and hitting a power up or shutting down the app etc, at the wrong time. I need my phone on the bars to access companion app etc, so can’t locate it elsewhere.

What do you sweaty guys do to help avoid this? A sweat band? I’m wondering if a buff would be a solution? Should I embrace the 70’s disco look?? 😉

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

PX baselayer and two decent fans blowing mainly across my back, plus a towel draped on bars to wipe down my face and arms as and when required.

weeksy

I go with a towel next to me on the workbench, along with a gym mat underneath to mop up the massive puddle. I think on an average Zwift race i drop 1.5kg in sweat.

Viewing 40 posts - 15,121 through 15,160 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.