• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 14,841 through 14,880 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • robbo1234biking

You can join any of the la reine discovery rides that are on this week. join the meet-up, do the start and once of of the start pens quit the meet-up but stay in the world. Then just u-turn and you pretty much start climbing straight away. Or you can do the pro one and just stay in the world afterwards although this route won’t trigger the KOM segment.

prawny

tpbiker

When you say the full climb, I thought the zwift version finished after chateau reynard?

I’m not around today, unless I do it at 10pm tonight. How long will the entire thing take do you reckon?

The pro race only went up to chalet reynard but the etape went right to the top, it was supremely depressing going through 1km to go banner with 5km to go 😂

weeksy

I may do the 12:00 Champs E ride, or possibly the 12:20 Crit. Arguably i should do neither and save the legs for Cannock tomorrow, but that would be crazy talk.

prawny

Cannock is fairly easy tbh weeksy, If I wasn’t working I’d pop over, it’s just at the back of my house.

A lap of the dog is 40ish minutes if you press on, the only really big climb is a straight fire road drag, so if you take that steady there’s really nothing to tax the legs too much.

I really want to do the champs course, hopefully will get a chance this week

weeksy

Course is OK, the 2-3% after the line was a killer in C with 4w/kg+ needed to hold the lead bunch. I managed the first 2 laps with the leaders but lost it on the climb on 3rd time up that long drag, so called it a day there to save a bit for tomorrow.

prawny

I’m normally pretty good at the C crits, but not sure about one with a bit of a climb in.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

well this is going to screw things up for racing (probably)

Zwift have taken over Zwiftpower (seems they did ages ago) but the Zwiftpower blokes have now left

https://zwiftinsider.com/zwiftpower-transition/

prawny

I had a go at a champs ride this morning,
    Bloody hell! I managed to stick with the lead group until the 2nd drag too, I was pushing 300+ watts as getting dropped off the back, got back on the first time back down the hill but was too far gone the second time.

Stayed with the second group until the last couple of laps and was yo-yoing up the drag every lap, couldn’t get back on the last lap so just decided to TT to the finish and not let the others that dropped from the second group catch me, managed to hold them off. Finished 31st/230ish.

On zwiftpower afterwards I was down as 14th, which was a surprise because I set a new ftp, not sure if it’s because of the story above or whether it’s how the event was run but it turned out most of the top ten were B’s and there was one A+ in there. No wonder I couldn’t keep up.

zilog6128

Zwift have taken over Zwiftpower (seems they did ages ago) but the Zwiftpower blokes have now left

hopefully we’ll see ZP integrated into Zwift properly, doing away the need for a whole kludgy 3rd party site! I hope they’ve earned nicely out of it too, it was a real labour of love in the early days!

Garry_Lager

Not too optimistic about zwift administering zp – they have conflicting demands between the racers, the people who want to race properly but don’t have the kit, and the casuls who just want to play Call of Duty on wheels. Plus people who aren’t interested in racing at all but might be affected by any change in the interface. Given each of these groups are all paying the same $15 a month it seems like a hard circle to square.

nixie

I’d be happy with two tier subscription. Those who want proper racing pay a bit more but the flip side is the equipment you can use is restricted. For those with non compliant equipment or who don’t want to pay the extra then the current free for all system could still run. So events would be free for all or racer only (similar to having a racing license I guess). If you get caught cheating then your license could be suspended (you could still acres the free for alls).

Hopefully out tonight in the Deeside race. Hate Richmond but been a while and think I may be able to smash my time on that hill.

nixie

That hurt lots. Do not feel so hot right now.

weeksy

But looks like you had a decent battle ?

jonjones262
    Free Member

Has the Companion app changed?

I didn’t have the map with all the buttons on it anymore. No way to control direction, use power ups or photos.

Also over the last few days I’ve had my first KOM and sprint, only to be beaten seconds later by a massive amount.

The sprint had most people in the mid to high 17 seconds, I did it in 17.0, as I crossed the line a rider cane flying past in 13.9. Quite a margin on a sprint.

The KOM , I got beaten by 2 mins. Again massively ahead of the “normal” times for that day.

Just a coincidence that there was a super fast rider? Weird

nixie

I did yes. A repost from what I wrote on they Facebook page.

So excuses out of the way first. This series is very tight with my youngest daughter’s bed time so I get 5 minutes max to warm up, I’d eaten too much and worst the rocker plate so subtle off centre and leaning to the left which was very annoying. That’s all trying to hide the simple fact that the front 5 were just too strong.

The lead in to Libby hill barely finished waking my legs up and the crazy numbers that popped up resulting in me burning pretty much every match trying to stay with the leaders. It didn’t work, even with seasons best 1m and 5m efforts I had to admit defeat and settle in to grab what I could. Sim and I weren’t pushing on much, I’d go as far as to say I was lazily sitting on their wheel waking up just for the climb. I tried to break away on the third lap but the earlier efforts meant sustained power was not happening.

Then a glimmer of hope, Blümel was struggling and the 30+s gap started to fall. We so nearly caught him on the last time up Libby hill (even if that effort was well down on lap ones time). We caught just after the top and it came down to some sort of sprint. Sim went first with an aero, I tried to follow with a feather but it looked lost. Then right on the line with Blümel filling the screen behind me I snuck past to claim the position (ZP reports basically no gap between the 3 of us). A very lucky third in the final standing. That was a really hard event, here’s one rider hoping for something that suits my strengths more next week 😀.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=964180

Kryton57

Jon Jones have you been impacted by the sprinting bug/cheat?  I was sat doing intervals the other days and there was a chap in front of me not going much faster visually, but he was in the sprint position showing 6wkg – for the whole of the 18km Yorkshire loop.

nixie

Play store shows last updated 29th June so no don’t think it has changed.

weeksy

Crit City 11:47am for a C fest today…. Not sure the legs have much to give if i’m honest… Along with a possible broken little toe from Cannock the other day after a root/rock caught my little toe, it’s black, blue, red and other pretty colours.

But i’ll give it a whirl, it’s also on my preferred rotation being Bell Lap, so up the rollers, not up the climb..

nixie

Hope it goes well. How do you get on with crit city? I struggle with it, just ends up being too intense.

weeksy

Love it in C… hate it in B… B is just flat out all the way, in C i can plot/plan and use a bit more in the way of tactics…. I’m going to try and save a bit and kick on over the line on the last lap for a break away today.. If i leave until the last 300m i never win (on the road anyway)

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

How are people finding Paris?

I’ve been enjoying the “Def not a race” up Le Reine this week, with some decent results on the road and ZP but feel that I should give Paris a spin even though very much not too my strengths.

tomlevell

Same event as Nixie. Held onto his group comfortably. Well until Libby then I said byebye.
    Top C was pushing hard and held onto him just over the top. Legs were generally feeling terrible. Again he pushed hard up 32nd street. Kept with him and kept a decent power up the final climb on lap 1. After the corner he slipped back a few seconds so I went a bit harder and he was gone. PRs all over the place is probably why I was feeling terrible :0)
    The next 2 laps were a war of attrition on who get slower the least. I had 2 Bs and he eventually hooked up with 3 Bs. Steady increase in time and held with my 2 to Libby then lost them over the top. Big enough lead to hold them all off.
    Gained 4 points back in the league after the last 2 weeks where I’ve lost ground.

Ogg

Well I did my first crit city in C last night, I hung on to the front group for first couple of laps, then was doing ok with the second group when I had to answer the bloody door at which point I was doomed to be last place (well 25th out of 27)

I averaged 2.63w/kg I can do more but I found the ‘lumpy bit’ hard to pace

weeksy

i’d have left the front door and told them to bugger off

savoyad

Nice rides last night @tomlevell and @nixie. The leagues for Cats A and C are quite tight in that Deeside league now, it’s fun to keep an eye on.

I did the etape ride up ventop/ventoux at the weekend. It was nice enough and a pretty good representation of a big climb. But now I can’t see any reason to ever ride it again – the big event feel, the tour animations and the novelty made it for me. Without them , the alpe / the ride to chalet reynard just seem a more sensible size for big-zwifting (whether free riding or in a race).

savoyad

TTT news for tonight…

Riders: sign up here, category D https://www.zwift.com/events/view/966087

Our start delay is +2 minutes = so in the pen by 18:33, stop pedalling, then we’re off at exactly 18:35.

The start list so far is just me, phil and zilog. I know @Tiger6791 said he’d be there. Any others? @weeksy? @ljarch? Newcomers are also very welcome.

I’ll update with a final (expanded!) startlist later today.

ljarch
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ll make the TTT tonight. Ive been really struggling with fatigue last few weeks and I very much doubt I’d get round. I’m not sure what’s going on, I was put it down to the fact my kids are refusing to sleep at the moment, but the numbers have really taken a nose dive. Its a shame because a few weeks back I was producing the best number I ever have and was feeling really strong.

Ive only managed 30 mins turbo since last weeks TT and I found last week a real struggle, so I’ll only be in even worse shape this week I expect!

Really sorry to be a let down I’ll try and get my act together and get back on form for next week.

weeksy

Sorry Sav, needed to earn some ranking points so did a Crit a bit earlier.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

No TTT for me, currently grovelling up Ventoux with my kickr climb set at 100% realism – a bad choice it turns out.

Tiger6791

Really sorry chaps but I can’t make TTT tonight. 🙁

zilog6128

Boo!!!! are we still doing the TTT with only 3?!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Aaaaaand that’s that done – I can safely say I’ll never ride that again and it would take a decent amount of £ to make me change my mind.

savoyad

Just seen this. It won’t be the same with just 3 riders. So I’m out.

I’ll put in an entry for next week as usual, and post the entry link tomorrow.

zilog6128

@savoyad no worries, hopefully get a few more next week!!

Ogg

@weeksy 😄 unfortunately it was my s/o and it was my fault they couldn’t get in !

savoyad

TTT entry is in for next week. Thursday 6.30pm, 2 laps of Richmond Reverse, 32km.

All welcome – sign up to category D here: https://www.zwift.com/events/view/978171

I can’t ride next week. I will post this info again after the weekend. If I am not online, the start delay will be published here https://wtrl.racing/ttt/TTT-Event.php Weds evening.

tomlevell

The Deesside race league is best 6 events and goes on until end of September so 8 or 9 more events to go if anyone wants to join in.

weeksy

Anyone in for the 15:45 Crit today? I’ll be hunting a decent C finish.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Why are the Saturday race and especially TT options so poor on a Saturday, especially when it’s a rare one I have off and once again it’s pissing down with rain with warning of thunderstroms?

weeksy

Loads of longer morning events on at the weekend.

Viewing 40 posts - 14,841 through 14,880 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.