• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 14,641 through 14,680 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • tomlevell

You took nearly 2 minutes out of us. Well done. We were 20seconds up on the last time we raced that course.
    S&S will be better as we get much higher placing on hilly routes as all the 90kg+ power monsters struggle.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Dangeourbrain sounded completely bewildered at one point yesterday.

That’s probably about the time I was “stuck” 20m ahead of you folks and about the same behind Tim and magneto, ambling along at about 150-200 and not losing ground.

It was the weirdest thing I’ve ever had in zwift.

Felt like I’d fallen asleep on the back of a tandem.

I think what was worst was none of your numbers made sense for what was happening on screen. At one point pulling Lewis back on I was about 2.3w/kg so well under 200w and I was dropping him despite his being sat up so in draft and him pedaling at 3 point some on the flat.

I’m wondering if it somehow knew I’d forgotten to pick up a towel so was trying to keep me moving if I decided to get off the bike and go fetch one.

phil56

@Dangeourbrain – that bit was really weird, I was doing well over 4w/kg pulling the group back on and you we’re doing 1.8 w/kg and dropping us!

We were scrappy last night – at the time I though it was because we’ve not had 8 riders before, and pacing for a bigger group was more difficult. I can normally find a pace that works for the group, but last night we kept getting splits, we slow a bit to tighten up, and then suddenly people are flying off the front!

Still fun though!

zilog6128

Zwift seemed fine to me tbh. The developers have said nothing has changed with the power/resistance algorithms and I could only see about 2 or 3 actually complaining about issues, so I’d probably put it down to individual peoples’ setups if there actually is a problem with power, rather than a Zwift thing. Plus Danger is not exactly known for his consistent power output 😂

oopnorth
    Free Member

It’s definitely glitchy after the update, as Robbo said yesterday on the cobble climbs he seemed to just stop at the top of the climb and was suddenly 20 odd seconds behind and going backwards, I thought he had dropped connection or something, next thing I know he is next to me, no indication of him catching up or anything! Also whilst riding solo I’m getting a lot of frozen screen moments, but it always seems to get back to normal after a few seconds.

It’s going to be interesting to see how it handles tomorrows tour group ride, right now there is 4000 of us on the start line! You might want to avoid the Watopia KOM if free riding.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

that bit was really weird, I was doing well over 4w/kg pulling the group back on and you we’re doing 1.8 w/kg and dropping us!

Glad it wasn’t just me seeing the numbers at least!

I enjoyed it more in hindsight than at the time, there were times last night I was genuinely exasperated as I seemed to have developed the same sort of belligerent intelligence as a dodgy shopping trolley.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Plus Danger is not exactly known for his consistent power output 😂

How very dare you!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

The developers have said nothing has changed with the power/resistance algorithm

It actually felt normal on that front (vs earlier in the week but I’m not convinced that wasn’t my end), the effort in certainly felt to tally with the onscreen W, the hills were a little out of time but the gradient was certainly there.

It was more like the power just didn’t translate to anything happening in game, like really bad lag.

ljarch
    Free Member

So it sounds like what we’re saying is I wasn’t crap zwift was to blame excellent i’ll take that haha.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Unless your zweight is 12kg there were definitely times when you should have been leaving me behind and quite the opposite was happening.

zilog6128

Might have a go at L’Etape ride tomorrow as I have no other plans, bit rubbish that they’re recycling a Watopian route but am I right in thinking they’ve added TDF banners, etc? So it might look slightly different.

DD is on apparently so should be able to get a fair few PBs given there’s a crowd of 3500+ for each event 😃

oopnorth
    Free Member

Did the L’Etape ride this morning…made me feel sick at the beginning with so many avatars flying around, took a fair few Km’s to settle down so I could see myself on screen. Fast pace but felt like I was going backwards on the KOM, still a PB though. Took just over the hour…was fun!

mrhoppy

I was on the same one, finished just inside the top 3,000 out of over 4,500, took plenty out of all of my PBs. It’s not hard seeing as there was a draft all the way to the top of the radio tower, groups started to break up on the descent which made for a fun run in leapfrogging up the gaps to pull back the groups in front.

Not easy to see where you were when everyone is on the same bike in the same kit. Although my avatar appeared to be the dick rider always trying to cut across others.

Kryton57

Anyone watching the virtual tdf at 2pm?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I will be, just doing a Zwift training workout now.

weeksy

I’m going to watch on Eurosport at 6:30pm.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

They could do with a gradient display – if you know the course you know roughly how steep it is but the gradient doesn’t translate well to the screen.

Poopscoop

Did the 5pm Tour ride thing…

6000 riders! Was bloody fantastic, best group ride ive ever done in fact.

Loads of people’s systems crashed at the start it seemed. Mine didn’t but I lost power in Zwift as we began… It returned after about 30 seconds and off I went!

Really,really good vibe going up the Kom with all those people.😁

drew

Also in the 5pm event. First large group ride I’ve taken part in and found it very absorbing and hard work trying not to be the one on the front but pushing to get on to the next group in front and so on. I wasn’t sure how to pace myself but was pleased with my final placing (I know it wasn’t a race) and managed to average a fraction above my Zwift ftp for the hour. Noted the previous comments about it being confusing and difficult to follow your avatar so decided to go slap head and that worked a treat.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Got my first ever podium in the b cat last night, in a flat tt. Reasonably happy with that given I was on the aero bars which robs me of a few watts.

For those in the know, am i right in thinking there are only 2 tt courses, the 17.6km fugio flats course, and bologna?

weeksy

I’ve done a TT on sand and sequoias I think

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’ve done a TT or two at Crit City, plus a few other courses on the ~25 mile “Flying Cheetah” series that used to run on Friday afternoon.

jamesoz

Has anyone else found Repack Ridge is broken since the update?
    After doing the trail and the feedback, mine bombs out to windows and the whole ride is lost.
    Tried it repeatedly and it does it every time.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Never seen any of those tt options. Will look out for them

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Just seen I got my first trophy since Feb yesterday…

Silver in a group workout! 😆 😈

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Also did the 5pm tour, did the kom the other day, 19:05 and 273w, the draft effect in the “tour” got me 18:07 with 274w

savoyad

I did the 5pm etape too (thanks for the “ride on!” in the warmup poopscoop). I didn’t see a gap open up the whole way round, it was just draft draft draft from start to finish, a never ending peloton.

I got bumped to Cat B afterwards. I have mixed feelings about that – it’s nice to progress, but I need to push on now otherwise I’ve just swapped the fun of being at the top end of C for the less-fun of being at the very (and I mean very) bottom end of B. No more little cups on zwiftpower for me for a while anyway. And it means the TTT will less often ride as a latte rather than a frappe (but Phil and Danger lurking on the boundary of cat A is probably more significant than me for our categorisation…).

@tpbiker
    your TT was a great ride, congrats. You were pushing cat A numbers there (and not far off the podium times in A). You can filter for TT events on different courses in the listings in zwiftpower and zwifthacks. I think the companion app does it too but the 3rd party sites seem better somehow.

zilog6128

Watched a bit of the Pro race yesterday, thought it was great! The helicopter view especially is cool and lets you see Watopia from different angles. Can you select that view normally? Love the way the peloton sweeps round corners too. Also love the fact that they’ve left the power ups on 😂

trail_rat
    Free Member

had no planned to ride the etape as had a very long ride on the books for saturday but JNR was ill so i was confined to quarters.

Ended up doing chores both days so snuck on to the 19:00 etape last night .

AS others said – one long peloton.

The power on show from the base back to the line was immense we were bowling along at 50kph + for most of it and even 60kph at times.

saw you won the A’s league on the deeside races Arron – Simon was calling out for the winners to get in touch via facebook for prizes.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

There’s a few “no draft” TTs showing on Zwiftpower from 1730 today, at not so common places (Tick Tock, Jungle Circuit, Royal Pump Room 8).

Poopscoop

I’m doing the 5.40pm Team Italy race this afternoon.

2 laps of Harrogate, not raced that before.

savoyad

Team Trial Info for this week… Entries are open. Everyone is welcome.

Thursday, 6.30pm, 2 laps of Sand And Sequoias (42.8km total).

Enter CATEGORY D here: https://www.zwift.com/events/view/938647

I’ll post more detail (especially if anyone new joins us) and a start delay later in the week.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Cheers Adam. I’m in, I’ll try not to have quite such random speed this week

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

So finally biting the bullet and ordering a direct drive turbo.

Looks like Kickr Cores are our of stock everywhere so realistically looking at either an Elite Direto or Drivo.

The Direto 1 for 550 or Drivo 1 for 650

The accuracy of the Drivo appeals but could do with a GPS head unit so saving the hundred quid could be handy

robbo1234biking

I have a Direto and very happy with it. if you need the GPS head unit then I don’t think you would be disappointed with a Direto. Check out DC Rainmakers reviews but I don’t think there is a lot in it.

I am doing my first proper race tonight for ages (I have done 1 TT and 3 Crit City races this year) so haven’t done a race on a more undulating circuit for over year. I am in C now with weight loss and power gains but expect to get my ass handed to me! 2 laps of the Innsbruck ring at 19.30.

weeksy

that hill is brutal in racing…. you’ll need 5+ w/kg to hold the Cs on it.

robbo1234biking

I am too quick for the D’s in theory now though. Up to 3 w/kg.

My best up that hill is 1min 16 at 380W which is about 4.2 w/kg.

Oh well is only going to make me better I guess!

nixie

saw you won the A’s league on the deeside races Arron

I did yes 💪, mainly by being the most consistently present A I think (though did get one win). Haven’t got in touch about the prizes yet.

Nearly ‘won’ a tour discovery ride last night over the radio tower climb. Missed out by 0.12s! Grr, 20m more and I’d have been Infront comfortably.
    https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=929871

oopnorth
    Free Member

All the best Robbo…that hill is brutal but like you say, you only get better by trying.

I hope the feather power up Gods are generous for you!

I really need to get back into racing too…going up to C category kind of put me off a bit…I was never a great D so in C I was always dropped. Need to man up.

andrewreay

Hey all, bit of a hi-jack, but…

What are people’s thoughts on having a dedicated front wheel for indoor training / Zwifting? Do you get flat spots? If so, is it worth using an old wheel rather than Sunday best?

Or no difference in the greater scheme of things?

Viewing 40 posts - 14,641 through 14,680 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.