• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 14,561 through 14,600 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Why are there no tt events showing today?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

It’s not just Sundays (none), Saturdays are carp for TT events (one or two UK daytime?) too, should have been addressed months ago when lockdowns started imo.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ve just entered cat C so I’ll no doubt see you go flying past at some point.

Solo it should be about a 50min effort for me I (completely) guess, and I think it will be a solo effort as I can’t see me holding anybody in A unless it splits a lot.

It’s a 12 minute gap to the front which is a lot of time to make up anyhow, add the double draft to that and I would be surprised to catch anyone who manages to find someone to hang on to. We’ll see though. It’ll do me good anyhow.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

should have been addressed months ago when lockdowns started imo.

I guess its largely down to who wants to run them, seems there’s some sort of arcane system of handshakes and dancing you need to be part of to organise a race on Zwift and I guess most of the masons qualifiers don’t want to run a TT on their weekends. They’re likely busy running club events [which they have to to qualify to organise a race].

IvanDobski
    Free Member

After the update a few weeks ago do you get finishing times and positions at the end of a group meet-up?

tpbiker
    Free Member

Would have been good if clubs could run their own closed races and tts rather than rely on the ‘chosen few’ to organise

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

After the update a few weeks ago do you get finishing times and positions at the end of a group meet-up?

Can’t say I’ve noticed but not looked either. But it does remind me…

Out of interest, would there be any interest in doing a bit of a mini STW race series at all if I organised one? Obviously I’d need to figure out a way of handicapping and such.

robbo1234biking

I’d be up for a mini race series but not sure how you could handicap it.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’d be up for it, if you can get finishing positions then a handicap would be pretty straightforward.

akira

So new France and Paris worlds but event only, bit disappointing.

robbo1234biking

You could use best bike split. If everyone gave you their ftp and weight you can put that in and keep all other variables the same for the chosen course it would estimate a best time for them. Then use that as the handicap on each person from the fastest. It’s a bit of admin but would prob be the fairest way. I am happy to help out to work out the handicap. If you make it time trial bikes no one gets a draft which make it fairer still. Handicap wouldn’t work for the sprinters though…unless everyone knew their delay time to start (slowest goes first then trust people to start x seconds behind them). That should end in a group sprint in theory could always try both

phil56

@dangeourbrain – I’ve entered as well – not sure how long I’ll be able to hold on after a real ride this morning, but might be able to help on the first lap

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

Just looked at the results, Phil how are you not an A?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Oh dear that was horrible.

I held on for lap one, then fell off as soon as I tried to drink. ftp boost to 329 so was putting the effort in at least.

Finding pace was really awkward. I’d be in the pack at 300-350w then suddenly leap off the front and stay there at 250w before being spat out the back at 400.
    Then I’d end up getting the wrong draft as we passed someone and needing to pull 600w to get back on.

Could barely hold 200w going into lap two. About half way round put my head down to take a deep breath thinking of getting off and spotted my axle was completely undone so the bike was wobbling everywhere. Got a lot easier to hold a normal effort after I tightened that 🙁.

phil56

Phil how are you not an A?

Well firstly I entered the A cat, so for that race I was an A!
    Also that race was very steady – I’ve worked harder than that in our TTT – so that result flattered me – you wouldn’t normally get in the top 10 of A with 4W/KG

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

By heck Phil! That’s a bloody good effort and some big numbers for you on the 15 and 30sec breaks.

Good effort Ivan. You made it home before me!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I had a fairly uneventful race, 8th in cat so fairly pleased with that. Pretty consistent top 10 cat C’er now.

Dangeourbrain – I saw Phil come past and thought I saw you on the same group but it can’t have been.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Hi guys. Just did that race too (C cat) saw a few of you STW lot in there..rode alongside Ivan for the majority! Fairly new to all of this, but can someone please explain why it’s asking me to upgrade? My average was 3.2w/kg which I assumed was ok…there’s no red numbers on Zwiftpower.
    Cheers & good race, P.Payne

phil56

Well done Ivan

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

there’s no red numbers on Zwiftpower.

The red number on ZP is your highest or race/cat highest.

My average was 3.2w/kg which I assumed was ok…

That’s just into B, but only just. Does zp rank you as C almost B or B?

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

It says minimum cat C, almost B.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

You’re fine in C for now then, unless you want to jump up.

Edit: ah you got filtered for no heart rate data by the looks

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I had a fairly uneventful race, 8th in cat so fairly pleased with that. Pretty consistent top 10 cat C’er now.

That’s a good effort Ivan. You’ll be getting dragged up to B soon though and then we’ll be into the lofty heights of espresso if we’re not careful.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Cool, for some reason Zwiftpower filters me out of the results, which is annoying. There’s guys avg over 4w/kg in C not getting flagged so don’t really get it. May just die a horrible death in B cat!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

You’ll be getting dragged up to B soon though and then we’ll be into the lofty heights of espresso of we’re not careful.

Best for everyone if I get on the pork&pastry based snacks again then…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@Eat more cheese

See my edit sorry. Its lack of HR data that’s getting you bumped.

@ivan
    yes, eat more pies. Its for the best and let’s be honest,of all the sacrifices we might ask you to make eatting a pork pie for breakfast isn’t exactly terrible. 😉

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Not sure if you’re interested TP but I’ve signed up for the team Italy pissei race at 17.40 tomorrow, innsbruck after party so the route should suit you to a T

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@Ivan and robbo

I’ll punt the idea on Tuesday social I think and if there’s enough possible takers will look at doing a mini series.

Could hopefully work out as a bit of fun if nothing else so long as we’ve double figures on people I should be able to make it work.

zilog6128

vTDF kicking off this weekend according to the internet rumour mill!

Dutch journalist Thijs Zonneveld: virtual TdF on Zwift starting this Saturday.
    Source (in Dutch): https://twitter.com/thijszonneveld/status/1277519301063389184
    Google Translated: “Zwift press release: a virtual Tour de France will be held in July – over 6 stages, including one on the virtual Mont Ventoux. 23 Pro teams for men, 17 for women. Next Saturday stage 1, with ao Froome, Bernal, Van Avermaet and Geraint Thomas.”

screenshot allegedly from the Zwift website earlier:

(posts taken down now but exciting nonetheless!)

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

Here’s the course profiles as well https://whatsonzwift.com/world/france/

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

Embargo over… details

zilog6128

Awesome! Reusing Watopia for the first 2 stages smacks a little bit of filler, will probably still watch them though for the novelty! Really looking forward to riding the new routes, especially Ventoux obviously. Definitely have to schedule an STW meet-up for sprints on the CE 😃

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Signed up for the ZHR hare & hounds time trial, it’s in NY which I don’t really like but timings worked so off I went…

Bloody hell – I didn’t realise it went over the KOM, very much not my natural environment as a rider with what can most charitably be described as a “rouleurs” build.

So after yesterday’s “consistent top 10” comment today I came… 12th. I suspect there’ll be sone dq’s later though setting as how a cat D won the overall!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

12th is still pretty damn good. Well done.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Aren’t ZHR one of two organisers who still allow zpower and so get very odd results?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

That might explain it, there’s no way a cat D should be nearly 2 minutes up on the first cat A!

tpbiker
    Free Member

Signed up for the ZHR hare & hounds time trial, it’s in NY

I thought the only the were bologna and watopia?

I did the 17k tt today, 22nd out 75ish. I’m riding the zwift tts on my actually tt bike to try to get use to the position and it’s horrifically depressing. I reckon im well over 10% down on power which given I’m weak at best of times is ruining me. Couldn’t even hold the aero position for the full race today, had to pop up for a breather half way through.

Can’t do that in real life..

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

I’m doing a rare crit this evening at 1820 if anyone fancies? 1820 14 laps of Downtown Dolphin so a little longer than usual to mix things up…

phil56

@kelvinshuffle – would have been interested, but that clashes with the ‘sprints n’ giggles’ STW meetup

savoyad

TTT entries are open (sorry, I entered at the weekend and forgot to post here…) for Thursday 6.30pm.

This week it’s 3 laps of Volcano Flat, 37km.

Riders, enter CATEGORY D here https://www.zwift.com/events/view/922808

I’ll post our start time when they are published…

Viewing 40 posts - 14,561 through 14,600 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.