Viewing 40 posts - 12,801 through 12,840 (of 14,991 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • Premier Icon oop north

Yes Eskay, refreshed it. It has all my current Zwift data, FTP, HR etc.

Premier Icon doordonot
    Free Member

On the suggestion from here (Link) I did my first zwift race with an hrm, that being TdZ stage 7 yesterday.

According to the zwift analysis, I spent most my time in z5, with a little bit in z4. Seems like I’m riding too hard? My race average was 6bpm under my max hr. However, I was riding hard having moved up to C because my last two stages were UCG on ZP. I placed 88/194 in zwift, but 22nd on ZP.

Premier Icon tomlevell
    Free Member

Depends on event rules. No power meter a lot of the time now means a DQ from ZP results.
    Your category will update overnight.

Premier Icon eskay

It sounds like you’re zones are wrong, I don’t know how long the race was but it is highly unlikely (more like impossible) you would spend that long in z5!

Premier Icon Poopscoop

Do you have to manually refresh Zpower then? I see the tab to do it.

Does it refresh from Strava or Zwift?

Thanks for info!

Premier Icon oop north

So will a dumb trainer always give me a DQ on ZP because of no power meter? Cadence, speed sensors and HR monitor are not enough?

If that’s the case then it’s fine, I’ll just race and not really worry about ZP results. I think it will be a few months before I can upgrade to a smart trainer.

Premier Icon tomlevell
    Free Member

ZP will update info. It’s incredibly busy for the server at the moment with TDZ.

Jumped into my first race at Crit City on a whim tonight. 2 minutes warmup and into a C race with a good few Bs and a A+ racer.
    Hard start which took a while to settle down as is the case in shorter races. Learning the course within 8 laps and figuring out where the finiah line is. At least in my group it was go hard up the final straight of the climb to hold onto the group.
    Mid race I was wondering if I was going to get dropped but at least I’d worked out where the finish was and the sprint had to be from at least before the final turn.
    A+ man had a pop off the front but came back and in the last few laps found myself coming through to the front which meant others must have been feeling the pace.
    As is my MO I slip a bit too far back as the pace increases coming to the big mural so I had to wind it up 2 corners out with an aero. Shot through the group by the final corner looking good for the win.
    Shame I forgot my left cleat is knackered and popped out so I was sprinting on one leg. A+ boy got past but everybody else must have been napping.
    ZP win adn it’s been a while. Ace course to race on but pretty brutal. Not sure I’d want to do over 45minutes on it though.
    https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=327048

Premier Icon Poopscoop

Great write-up and result tom!

Premier Icon tomlevell
    Free Member

Looks like I’ve got A+ man a ban on ZP for doing it regularly. Daft thing is he races the proper category and keeps with the main pack for the sprint. I’m sure he was just “training” but he was affecting our race.

Premier Icon weeksy

Ace course to race on but pretty brutal. Not sure I’d want to do over 45minutes on it though

It’s confusing at times racing it on Zwift, the distance doesn’t seem to make any difference to people, you race 16km and it’s flat out, 20km, it’s flat out, 30km it’s STILL flat out. There’s no difference at all for the riders, which i simply don’t understand lol.

Sadly for me, many of my recent Crit races have been a bit slow, small groups of riders rather than big bunches, which means even if i have a good day, i still very rarely end up with Racing Points. You really have to pick and choose your races well, then on top of that you need to get the right performances and right bits of luck/tactics.

Premier Icon akira

45 mins of trying to figure out why ant+ wasn’t working then zwift app kept crashing. Waste of time today, was it just me or is zwift having issues today?

Premier Icon Poopscoop

I was running it earlier in Just Watch to test out the PC for a different issue and Ant+ seemed ok.

I’m catching up on the Tour tomorrow (I missed Stage 1) so will see for sure then.

You running Zwift on ios/ android or such?

I’ve found a reinstall usually shorts things, on the PC too.

Premier Icon akira

Zwift app on pc, wife used it an hour before and was fine. Just got narked off and having a beer instead now.

Premier Icon robbo1234biking

I went on earlier and it was ok although got a bit slow when it got busy. Just extra busy today as no one was outside riding so extra busy?

Premier Icon Poopscoop

akira

Subscriber
    Zwift app on pc, wife used it an hour before and was fine. Just got narked off and having a beer instead now.

If it continues I’d be inclined to uninstall the ant dongle and Zwift and reinstall both.

Dongle nice and close to the turbo?

Premier Icon mooman
    Free Member

Fine for me earlier. No glitches at all.

Premier Icon eskay

It has been running fine for me recently but noticed three very short power drop outs this morning.

Premier Icon doordonot
    Free Member

It sounds like you’re zones are wrong, I don’t know how long the race was but it is highly unlikely (more like impossible) you would spend that long in z5!

It was only nine miles. I’ll have a look at the settings. I had a lingering lurgy so going to wait till I’ve recovered, then test again.

Premier Icon akira

I’ll try it again tomorrow and hope for the best, everything was the same as it’s been for the last year or two so not sure where the oroblem has come from.

Premier Icon eskay

There was an update Friday/Saturday, maybe they have broken something!

Premier Icon eskay

@doordonot

Put your average heart rate in the calculator below for you best 20 minute effort:

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/membership/article/20120925-Power-Calculator-0

Premier Icon akira

Managed to do firmware update and all good, obviously firmware hidden away on totally separate app that’s android and iOS only and only mentioned once in small text at the bottom of a separate app…..

Premier Icon weeksy

The 16:45 is starting to look interesting and a decent bunch

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=328942

Bit lacking in big hitters from C at the moment, but with some fast Bs we should be getting a decent pace on. Not sure what the legs have to offer yet, but certainly i’ll be looking to ask them

Premier Icon weeksy

Fast fast first 2 laps, but sitting happily in lead bunch of 15. Big field of 89+.
    Then my lad comes back from his ride and kicks out the power cable while getting the hose.

Game over.

Premier Icon n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

@weeksy Saw you got 3rd yesterday in 1605 Innsbruck 4 lap, after ~6 sandbagging B riders were DQed from ahead of you in C. https://zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=332383

https://zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=328949 TT of Richmond UCI 1-lap from Monday was a bit of a farce result, two sandbagging A riders (who should have been in B for this modified category event) won the C and D categories and have not been DQed by organisers. I didn’t have good legs compared to some recent efforts I’ve managed, but the non-DQ cost me 2nd in C.

Premier Icon weeksy

TBH i was a bit disappointed in myself mate.

As we got to 2 mins left in the pen the organiser informed us it was non-draft due to a mix up. So was essentially a Solo TT effort. I decided to stay in there anyway as i was on the bike and ready.

After lap 1 i was sitting behind the 2 fellas who ended up ahead of me at the end, but not that far behind them only 12s or so… I closed this on the next lap and pulled out 10s on them. By the time we started lap 4, the three of us were going over the line absolutely dead together… Little bit of toing and froing up until the climby bit… but there it all went wrong and i lost 12s on the hill. They were 4.2w/kg up it, i was only 3.7…. i couldn’t even try and make up that amount of time as they were putting in about 3.0-3.2 all the way to the line, as was I.

Premier Icon mooman
    Free Member

Raced the 18.55 Team Italy Gladiators Race last night.
    Last minute decision, and less than a 5 minute warm up before race started … half a KM in I realized I had forgotten to switch fan on!
    So took the decision to get mid pack of the front group and jump off quickly and switch fan on; I estimated it would take 2-3 seconds and prob put me towards back of the quite sizeable front group … wrong!
    It put me about 2-3 seconds off the back of the sizeable front group, and unable to chase back on!!
    Sat in then with a pretty big chasing pack for the next 8 laps of the volcano. Pretty decent group that hoovered up a lot of riders, and was closing down the fairly big bunch of front B cat riders … my group finished 30 seconds behind them which was pretty decent considering they were well over a minute 30 seconds ahead after about 3-4 laps.
    Didnt look like anyone from my group wanted to sprint at end (who sprints for 20th eh!) so just me and another STW rider rolled the group home.

Premier Icon jam bo

^^^

Long stick…

Premier Icon oop north

Trying to get all the TDZ rides done this week because I was late to the party, this morning it was Innsbruck.
    Had a 5 minute warm up and Zwift counted down to throw me to the starting gate, except it didn’t, I was still in Watopia…cue a quick panic and reboot of everything, pair up etc and I hit the start just as the countdown hit 1, so straight into the mad sprint pretty cold.
    First group went out and I couldn’t keep up (A and B riders), so it ended being a solo TT for most of the session, coming in mid pack out of 26 riders. ZP has me as 10th.

Fastest D, surrounded by B’s and C cat riders, so I’ll take that. I’m surprised ZP hasn’t put me up to a C yet.

Premier Icon weeksy

Race day i think…. not expecting much as the legs are tired. 10:45am.

Good reports guys…. Mooman, never ever ever get off the bike LOL. unless it’s a massive downhill. It’s just impossible to not lose the ground.

Premier Icon weeksy

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=332456

Meh, not sure i quite timed it right, think i went a bit too late if i’m honest….

MAybe even 300m too late.. Should have potentially tried an early one.

Premier Icon nixie

Good efforts above. Well done for sticking with the ultimate race weeksey. Really wish Zwift didn’t make so many cock ups with event setup, it soured the end of the series a bit!

Illness and motivation been keeping me from doing more however dragged myself onto the bike last night as its the first time in a week without a pressure headache. Little bit of climbing on four laps of Watopia hilly :D.

Didn’t have an ideal start with only five minutes to warm up and this route going straight up the forward KOM. Fortunately the pace was relaxed on the first time up so I have a chance to settle. Oddly in this race the B/C/D groups never attached to the back of A apart from a couple of riders. Seems everyone started a bit calmer than normal (nothing like an impending 2 minute effort to focus the mind).

This race was all about the forward KOM with most of the rest of the lap being easier pace. Lap 2 I went hard at the front just before the bridge (set a all time PB up the KOM) and triggered a fairly substantial split in the pack (20ish down to 9). Lap 3 was more of a sit on as the lap 2 effort hurt. Even so I found myself with two others 3s off the front by the top. Oddly though no one wanted to try and escape and the rest of group rejoined (minus the last B and one A who were shelled on the climb). Lap 4 I tired again for a big climb but it just didn’t happen and we we went up as one. My plan now was a long attack into the esses but someone else had other ideas and went from the end of the sprint. This caused chaos as the group responded but for some unknown reason the attacker backed off at the top of the hill despite a 5s gap. Crazy!

Heading to the end of the esses there was another attack by the winner. There was no quick pack response and I was at the back preparing for my own attack so they got away. At 600 I went for it but just couldn’t get far enough away and was caught by the sprinters. Still 5th and with the lead pack which I’ll take for now. Got a week off skiing to rest the legs now :D.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=330933

Premier Icon akira

Alp d’huez today, not quick but just wanted to ride at a tempo to get my legs back. Didn’t get a Weeksy ride on though ☹️

Premier Icon oop north

When I joined a few weeks back I thought I would only do training rides on Zwift, being a little lacking in speed, fitness and confidence for racing. But having now done a few events I love pitching myself against others and chasing riders down, it helps me forget the pain. I may be mid-pack in the lower categories but I get a buzz from it, events have become my training!! 🙂

I seem to always pick the group rides that go off full tilt from the start, I haven’t had one with a fence yet…

Premier Icon mooman
    Free Member

oop north

Subscriber
    Trying to get all the TDZ rides done this week because I was late to the party, this morning it was Innsbruck.

Yes – its the last one I have to do to complete the series; what do you get for finishing the series? I am in two minds to do the 18km Innsbruck today to complete series, or do the 41km Hare & Hounds race on at 6pm …. Innsbruck is less than half the distance, but will be twice as painful as all the very short races are.

oop north ..the races are the only thing that keeps me motivated on Zwift; it soon gets boring riding around the different worlds. Occasionally I do Alp du Zwift because thats a solid hour effort to keep yourself motivated.

Any others here want to do a meet up for a race? seems enough varied abilities to work for a win for one of us. I only do Zwift for the work out so would happily ride for someone else to grab a good position.

Premier Icon Kryton57

Sooo…  any particular recommendations for a short tester of a race on Saturday morning?

I’m coming off of Gastro and a mild Flu (the proper Flu) yet at the same time I’m in a rest week with Training resuming on Monday.   Weather’s rubbish so I thought I might test/warm up my legs before I get back to it.

Premier Icon n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Despite rumours of a bike frame reward for completing TDZ, it’s simply the tdz kit.

Today has been another write off day off work so far, I’m guessing due to intterupted sleep on Mon and Tues night, randomly waking at 0300ish both nights.

I’ve got three TT Tune-Up workouts I’m supposed to do and one optional by Sun night, part of me fancies a Zwift race or two (such as the Oh Crit double starting at 1615, or the team time trial at 1815 if a few of us STWers got together), but I have no idea how my legs feel after yesterday!

Not to mention it might actually be dry tomorrow and so I could possibly ride outdoors. But then Fridays often have a few TT events I like entering.

Premier Icon mooman
    Free Member

Saturday 9.30am DBR Saturday Race
    or the 11.15am 3R Tick Tock Flat Race which would probably be better if trying to work together because its flat.

Premier Icon weeksy

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=332488

Did another race today too… another 3rd LOL.

Premier Icon oop north

Bloody Zwift glitches…

Halfway up the TDZ Bologna climb (which is horrible by the way!) everyone disappears but the clock is still going, power etc. Got to the top and it recorded my finish and time, that I had completed another tour stage.

But now it’s not recorded in Zwift or in ZP, it records only that I rode up until the point everyone disappeared. Frustrating and looks like I won’t get all stages done now…ah well it’s only a t-shirt unlock.

Viewing 40 posts - 12,801 through 12,840 (of 14,991 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.