Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.

Viewing 40 posts - 12,521 through 12,560 (of 12,868 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Herd or dirt sub 1.5 rides really then. It’s not massively social but helps pass time having others.

If I ride round alone I end up chasing people

tomlevell

Avoid climbing routes or turn the trainer difficulty right down so an incline doesn’t encourage you to put out more power. Just ride around and complete routes to get badges. Completely pointless but it gives you something to aim at.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

ZHR do a long Saturday and Sunday ride in three cats 1.5W/KG up to 3w/KG, just enter C/D and stick with that maybe.

Use erg mode and pick a suitable workout, you can always change your FTP so the intervals give the Watts you want.

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

I’m going to do the tour de Zwift stage 3 race today. 2 laps of the watopia built route. I hope better on the short runs I think.

I’ll either do the one at 2ish or the one at 5.45. Not slept at all last night with insomnia so might do the earlier one to keep me awake during the day.

I missed out on stage 1 so will have to catch that up in February.

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

F***, f***, f***!!!!

Hilly loop x 2 in reverse..never ridden that in reverse before, which disoriented me a bit…. anyway…

Hold on to another 2 guys most of the last lap…. Over take them just as we come onto the flat by the beach. Legs going numb but holding on…. Get to the line and slow! Thank f***…!!

…But THEY don’t slow…then it dawns on me, that line in the tarmac WASNT the end of the race! It’s the *ucking great obvious balloon arch thing! Luckily I don’t get overtaken by anyone else but I am SO, SO pee’d at myself!

That’s twice I’ve done it now.😡

Anyway, ftp went up 10 to 228 so that’s a nice silver lining.

That race was so much harder than stage 2, right from the off I felt I was going to blow up.

Between you and me though…. Bloody good fun.😉

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

8 out of 31 on D on Zpower.

Average 175bpm, max 189.😳

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

hahahahah you daft sod…. But nice work

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

Cheers.lol

I see stage 4 is Bologna TT…. Not ridden Bologna…. Or a TT race…

So I must be able to ride the TT bike?

Also it’ll be a staggered start or such, one rider at a time?

Premier Icon robbo1234biking
    Subscriber

In TT’s everyone goes off together but there is no drafting so you don’t get an advantage of the other riders.

Bologna is strange as it is flat to start before a huge ramp. If you have decent power output you will fly by on the first bit and then as it goes up hill everyone you overtook comes back past you as you slow to a 2mph crawl! 🙂

Premier Icon Pierre
    Subscriber

I won a race!

That is to say, I finished top of my category, which was D, so it’s not exactly a podium, but I’m pretty happy with it. My average W/Kg was 2.57, so I think Zwiftpower is allowing me to squeak through as it’s my first race since whenever they reset the stats, but will probably DQ me if I do it in any more Cat D races.

I did the 3R Whole Lotta Lava hilly race this morning, it was so cold in the shed that I actually did a 20-minute warmup and the first ten minutes of the race with a hoodie on, and could see my breath throughout… very odd.

My FTP hasn’t changed, unfortunately, so I think I’m about to be the bottom of Cat C unless I can gain some more watts, or lose some more kilograms!

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Congratulations 🙂

Well done matey.

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

Nice one Pierre!

Also thanks Robbo… I’m not great on the hills so should be interesting in the TT.
    I’ll ride Bologna in a freeride before the race day to see how bad it is.

dirtyrider

you cannot free ride Bologna, its race only, don’t go too hard on the flat, you can make up more time going over threshold on the climb than you do on the flat part

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

Ah, cheers mate!

I’ll heed your advice on that one and try not to blow up on the climbs.

Cheers for the info, much appreciated.👍

Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

Oh might try race tomorrow, reverse hilly always harder than I think.

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

I found it hard work… but then it’s all hard work for me.😆

Make sure you know where the finish line is. Ahem.

Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

Oh I’ll suck but hoping for a moral victory.

Premier Icon eskay
    Subscriber

Any of you P. Bayles (STW) on Zwift? Ended up riding near him for a bit earlier this evening,

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

Not me bud. Not sure who that is?

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Seen him about plenty but no idea on username

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

I’ll message him if I remember.

Premier Icon eskay
    Subscriber

Anyone else have STW suffix on username?

doordonot

Tour de Zwift stage 3 race at 19.40 this evening was a bit of a work-out. According to zp, the top 18 finishers were all group B and out of the top 25, all were group B except for three A’s 🤔.

Wasn’t much fun at the lower end of C group as I was almost spat out the back within the first mile. Managed to claw back from 98ish to 89th overall, mainly through my supreme ability to climb, but overall a bit dull with no one around to race against.

mooman

Tour de Zwift stage 3 race at 19.40 for me last night.
    I entered race seconds to go – literally came on screen as they had set off, and peloton was couple of seconds in front so had to sprint from the start for 30 seconds to catch up to the front group.
    Made it on and tried to get breath back some but course and pace pretty hot as expected for a very short race. Gave big effort on 1st lap climb (grabbing the KOM) but on second lap climb just lost the front group towards top … came in 15th

The lack of warm up ruined me – still coughing this morning!

At least you got to race, I entered the 1710 TDZ Hilly race and my avatar was waiting for me to start in the pen… While everyone inconsiderately bolted at the bell while I was still tieing my shoe laces over the next ~20secs. It was a good recovery ride, which I really needed, had DOMS after Sunday’s eforts. 😉

Anyone else have STW suffix on username?

Me – although I’ve just started out, so currently painfully slow. I suffered the indignity of having a runner pass me while I ground my way up Box Hill on the London loop last night.

peesbee

Hi Eskay – that’s me. Tend not to post on here, but pop in to see what’s new. Spend most of my time on Zwift doing steady group rides trying to put some miles into my legs for the summer. Always nice to spot an STW rider on Zwift and give them a ‘ride on’.

Premier Icon Beagleboy
    Subscriber

I was out on the London flat circuit sporting my new ‘Team Type 1’ jersey last night. Absolutely buried myself in a tempo training hour of the FTP builder plan. I could grind along all day at 175w, but ask me to do that for 3 minutes at 100 rpm. Jeepers, I was a mess at the end of it.

Those of a nervous cadence disposition, look away now. 😉

https://www.strava.com/activities/3031199917/analysis

I’m much more happy at 90+, some of my TT Tune-Up sessions ask me to do 75/80/85rpm 5min ramped intervals back to back and the constant “grind” is a real battle!

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Pah!  I’m currently doing 30-45 minute climbing intervals at 55rpm 😀

A related question, how can I start a ride at the bottom of the Alp du Zwift?   Watopia and then which course…?

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

pick another rider to join who’s going incredibly slowly, the odds are they’re going up the Alps, roll down then go up.

As far as i know, there’s no ‘route’ that starts anywhere other than the bottom. Different parts/locations of bottom, but still, bottom.

I think the closest official start to Alpe Du Zwift is from the Jungle Circuit route, certainly closer than Tour Of Fire And Ice or Road To Sky, then use the direction options to deviate up the mountain. https://zwiftinsider.com/watopia/

Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

Think I managed a stunning last place in C’s today. But beat someone in a mini sprint so moral victory was had.

Haze

A related question, how can I start a ride at the bottom of the Alp du Zwift? Watopia and then which course…?

Road to Sky is perfect, you’ll get a few minutes spinning in your legs to loosen up before the gradients start…a decent one hour interval seesion will finish just shy of the summit.

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

…. Or in death.😃

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

Road to sky now starts from the new jungle pens. Gets rid of the climb up to that. So basically down hill till it’s up (and up and up).

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Boom. Beat an 8yr old in a sprint finish….

Premier Icon eskay
    Subscriber

@peesbee Thanks for the ride on, how can you tell another STW’r if they do not have it in their name?

I am trying to do endurance rides as well on Zwift (when the roads are icey and temperature sub zero). I have signed up for the #jennride 2020 so am keen to boost endurance as much as possible over these grim winter months!

I was determined to do a 100k ride on Sunday but joined a ride that went up one of the volcano hills so spent about 9 minutes climbing on each lap which slowed the overall distance covered. I got to 2hrs and bailed because the 100k was going to take 3 hrs. I should have joined the flatter Audax ride because that could have been completed in around 2h40 I reckon.

bjj.andy.w

Got a DQ the other day on my first individual race 😩 Since my broken shoulder blade last October I haven’t dared to venture outside on the bike so Zwift has been my friend these last few months.At this time of the year I’m just doing my base phase of training so I’ve spent all my time doing the Kiss at base Z2 rides along with my own sweetspot and tempo sessions. A mate asked if I’d like to join the group he rides for (WKG) to do the team time trial races so I signed up on Zpower. Because it’s a team event and was able to draft at times I felt they weren’t to taxing (av HR for them had been around the 150-160 mark) so never really went balls deep. Then I entered my first individual race as a cat B rider (as zpower classifies me from my efforts prior to the race) it went well but because this was my first real effort on my own I went well over the upper limit of 4 w/kg for a B rider (actually ended up at an av of 4.2 w/kg for 40min) so i wasn’t officially placed and got put on the unfiltered board 😠 Managed to get a FTP increase though so at least I don’t have to do a test for a while, every cloud and all that 😁

Viewing 40 posts - 12,521 through 12,560 (of 12,868 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.