Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.

Viewing 40 posts - 12,361 through 12,400 (of 12,869 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • crosshair

No but you can improve your 1 minute power….

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

But not the next 10 minutes after that 1.

crosshair

Because you haven’t trained it fresh. So you are using the wrong muscle fibres.

The people who don’t need to do sets of 1min intervals already have them.

Weeksy, please take this as constructive criticism: You often change the spec of your bike to suit the event which is fair enough. But you can also adapt your own physiology if you want. The 1 min interval work will help you in Flanders as most stuff is 1-5 mins effort with spikes within that.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Weeksy, please take this as constructive criticism

I always do, honest. I don’t take it any other way.
    Reading it and actively doing it are 2 different things though.

crosshair

Hopefully he knows me well enough from real life to know it’s all banter with a smile on my face.
    Although I stick a few smilies on to make sure 😉🤣

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

you’ll both be pleased to know i’m doing a solid 22min 300w flat curve effort a 5:45

😉

Booorrring;)

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

LOL crit race, flat out all the way

I need to get on the start line of a short crit race soon. How does it replicate the sprints out of the corners? You don’t need to decelerate for corners in Zwift so I guess you don’t need to push on the pedals off a bend?

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Sadly not, part of me hopes they add it, part of me not as it wouldn’t suit me as much.
    Basically it just provides a short hard and mostly flat race for now with close racing.
    Over 120 in C tonight so a good start essential along with sitting as close to the front as possible in case of splits

dirtyrider

from zwiftinsider

(and i didn’t know the london bit, i just assumed my avatar continually took a rubbish line through there as i always ended up towards the back) haha

Auto-braking on turns is a rare thing in Zwift–in fact, it only happens in one place, as far as we know. That place is on the 180-degree turn on London’s Classique course, and even there it only happens in one direction.

As riders enter this turn, their speed is automatically slowed to around 21 mph. This gives racers another opportunity to dig hard and attack after the deceleration, which keeps things interesting on an otherwise flat course where few attacks happen.

While most of the turns on Crit City could realistically be negotiated while coasting at high speed (just like outside), the two “dead turns” could have auto-braking added. This is the one feature we would like to see added to the Crit City course.

(And we’re not alone in this opinion: the course was launched only hours ago, but already the Zwift Community is saying, “We love the course–but slow us down in the corners!”)

Automatically slowing riders on these turns would result in two key improvements to the race experience: it would make the ride more realistic, as racers wouldn’t be negotiating hairpin turns at 30mph. And it would make races more dynamic by providing two more attack points per lap.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Well it’s tougher doing the Dolphin way round, higher HR but also caused by a few rogue riders as usual and the small climb is a bit longer that way round.

Got 7th on the road but a kid had 4.8av and 3 with no HR info.
    FTP increase to 287w.

Fun race though

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=280850

Premier Icon jamesoz
    Subscriber

Nice one!

Well that was a bit keen after my training ride earlier, trainer and bike started making very odd noises after the start

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Good work there mate, nice one!

Looks like you had a much better race than I did weeksy, mine turned into ~5min min interval reps, congrats!

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Went well really. Due to a tough last 4km I didn’t have much of a kick left, but overall it went pretty well.

Premier Icon djflexure
    Subscriber

Went to do a Traineroad ramp test before starting my training plan for Dirty reiver and Bham Velo but had a CBA moment and went for the Danmarks Cykle Union Racing League 20 k instead. Entered at the last minute and had not ridden before but I guess you could say it suited me – flat and short.

Not cycled much over the past weeks with all the bad weather, done a couple of 40 milers, slooowly so wasn’t expecting much. Thought I’d give it some beans at the start to stretch my legs as had not had time to warm up. Got to the front easy enough but was then surprised to pull away. I thought I might throttle back, but thought again and decided to sit at 350-400w for the first 10 mins as I felt OK.

Expected to blow up and have the field come back but it never really happenend. As I got to 15K I had to have a word with myself to keep above 300w, but there was no real pressure from the field. A chap eventually realed me in with 2 k to go. I could keep it going but found it hard to increase my speed. I forgot to put the fan on and was overheating quite a bit too.

Zwiftpower gave me the win in (cough) C. Always been upper end of C but I guess this looks better as its a short event and plays to my strengths.
    https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=269241

Funny what a rest and a few Christmas parties can do, along with zero expectation. All downhill from here.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Lol you bandit. 333w and 3.9w/kg ha ha. nice win if it sticks

Premier Icon djflexure
    Subscriber

Hangs head in shame

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

The Crit courses have been VERY kind to my overall ranking points. Or was it indeed my swap to a 44T front and grinding out the power… Certainly a combination of both i think

But in the last 10 days i’ve got 6.07, 0.81, 10.32 and 16.27 (for last night) which has moved me up massively from 221 up to 100th in C rankings. Massive jump.

Not sure i’ve actually improved in either fitness, riding or ability, but recent races on the Crit layouts really have worked in my favour. Big bunches, with good riders trying out the Crits and finding the course doesn’t necessarily suit them, but suiting my profile perfectly.

Sadly, i’m still missing gold lately… 4 months since gold and that was in a 1 C rider race lol. My last proper Gold was in April !!!! Which is a shock considering i used to win many many races. But i don’t recall the fields being quite a strong then, plus the fact i got bumped to B.

Premier Icon AD
    Subscriber

Nice one Weeksy – I think I need to try the Crit course!
    Finally completed one the Tour of London courses yesterday (smaller field seemed to lead to far less glitchiness) https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=269238
    My ride consisted of hanging onto one group for first lap before being dumped on a short descent. Then grabbing another group before being dumped on the climb before finally grabbing another group as it caught me – at least I managed to hold that one to finish:)

neils

when does Zwift power move a person up a category? – looking at the race weeksy did there are some interesting results in the C category – i know I got bumped up to B because I had a few “good” results which pushed me over 3.2 w/kg – I tend to do 13ish mile TT’s – no drafting skills needed so all down to rider power

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

midnight after they cross the 3.20 average usually.

tomlevell

What Crosshairs said ;0)
    One session a week of V02 max repeats stepping up in duration by small increments for 4 weeks.
    Test up Watopia KOM before when rested.
    Do again on week 5 rested.
    Then test again a say 4 weeks after that to let adaption take place.

Go on be a guinea pig.

Premier Icon djflexure
    Subscriber

Turned into a pumpkin at midnight as you predicted Weeksy
    Up to B
    Won’t be able to do anything longer than 20 k

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Go on be a guinea pig

LOL nah. it may prove him right 😉

Premier Icon jamesoz
    Subscriber

I think a bearing failed in that Crit race, the trainer started making a cracking noise shortly after the start. It now sounds like a buckled wheel rubbing on a brake. I’ve recalibrated it and it feels ok, just sounds awful. Back to the shop then.

dirtyrider

ventured outdoors yesterday on the MTB since my big crash at the Hope Marathon, new bike as well, was quite pleasant, needed it

Anyone tried the new free beta RGT update yet?

Hoping to get stage 5 London Tour done today to complete the event, between Xmas shopping hunting and phonecalls I lost my pre-dinner window of oppotunity yesterday.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Was bored at lunch today so thought “I’ll jump on this Crit”

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=282757

Sitting in the lead bunch happily at 8.6km and we came to the small kicker of a hill, i’d taken it in 44/11 for the first few laps but fancied a spin instead of a grind so changed to a gear easier at the bottom and lost the chain off the front ring ! ARRRGGGGGHHHH. I’ve not had this before but i’ve always run a N/W ring on the front but having gone to a 44T i got a ramped ring for silent running… but it dropped.

I cruised a lap as the group behind were 35s down on me and did the rest of the race with that group.

Meh and GRRRRR

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=283490

Crit race. Lol.

It seems day after day crit racing your legs eventually quit. Did ok for 5 laps but come lap – on the hill I needed a wheel to drag me in again. Lap 7 I just hung in. But lap 8 I got gapped after it and on the run to the line which is usually where I gain places I had nothing at all in the game.

Interestingly it was the fastest race I’ve done too. Tough one!!!

Premier Icon jamesoz
    Subscriber

Good work. I know I’ve only done one but I thought the Crit was horrible and the first time I’ve nearly thrown up on a bike.
    I will try another maybe when a bit more rested but the Alpe climb race I found much nicer, maybe it was less competitive being longer.
    I assume shorter Races attract more riders and more competition due to the convenience as well as it suiting them.
    Climbing shouldnt suit me being 97kg though.

J-R

I saw you’d register for one of the Crits yesterday Weeksy so I thought I’d give it a go. But of course I didn’t see you because you only see your own group, and you ended up doing a different one anyway!

It’s not well suited to me, and I’m pretty unfit from hardly any riding the last few weeks. I only managed to hold onto the leading pack for the first third, then ambled around until a small chase group caught me. But as I don’t really like it, it’s probably good for me – an FTP test on steroids!

I reckon you’d have been as fast as me on the Crit despite being a C, and probably nailed me on the sprint.

Premier Icon muggomagic
    Subscriber

I’m back on Zwift after a year or 2 off. I’ve been so fed up with the shite weather that I’ve hardly been riding so need something to avoid being too fat to get on my bike come spring.

My first question is what’s happened to CVR?

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

It went away due to gdpr

Premier Icon muggomagic
    Subscriber

That’s both a blow and a blessing. That shit was addictive.

Anyway, I’m going to start looking at short races to get back in the swing of things. See you out there.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Oh they still have rankings on zwiftpower.com

I’m top 100 in C

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

CVR went away and built their own game. It seems to have tanked (it looked pathetic).

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Last Z2 effort before Christmas so I joined the Revo ride up Alp du Zwift to do it.   Loved it, great fun, continued down at 200w as well which was a laugh.

Viewing 40 posts - 12,361 through 12,400 (of 12,869 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.