Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.

• This topic has 11,336 replies, 129 voices, and was last updated 9 hours ago by  weeksy.
Viewing 40 posts - 10,681 through 10,720 (of 11,337 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

I’d join that if the timings fitted. Could mimic the outlaw race after summiting and race down.

Sounds like a perfect use for the new meetups feature.

@alex, your bro will only be getting the true 10% plus climbs if he has altered the trainer difficulty setting. It’s set to 50% by default.

j4mesj4mes

Is there a quick test to check alp times, if memory lacks?

Premier Icon Alex
    Subscriber

Sounds good. I really wanted to go at it harder especially with 5km to go. So a STW meet-up for a sub hour crack could be fun.

Premier Icon Alex
    Subscriber

@nixie. Oh that makes it even sweeter 😂

Premier Icon notmyrealname
    Subscriber

I’ve just joined the STW group.
    I’d be up for an Alp d’Zwift group ride if I’m not working.

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

@j4mesj4mes if your registered on zwift power it should appear in segments under your profile. Otherwise look on zwift insider for the ‘official’ Strava segment.

mooman

I’d join an Alpe Zwift group ride tomorrow some time.

j4mesj4mes

Thanks @nixie 68 mins, a bit off the pace of others

eskay

Just joined the STW group

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

Did my first race this year earlier today – commuting and being busy, couple of cx races plus a week away skiing had kept me off it

Not as shit as I thought I’d be at less than 10% down vs my awesome peak late last year

2 more weeks of very little riding and then hopefully back at it (though nearly ready to drop my account again once spring hits properly)

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Welcome back!

I’m jumping on a gentle 9:10am cruise with brt today, will just ride with the group for the hour and then maybe a lap of the world’s course after at a gentle pace to get up to 50km.
    Was going to go outdoors, but went to get my riding kit which involves going outside, it’s not nice.

Premier Icon notmyrealname
    Subscriber

Had another crack at a race this morning in the 3R Innsbruckring Flat Race.

I didn’t think it went too badly overall but on checking the results after the race I finished 20/26 in C which was pretty disappointing, even more so havign looked at ZwiftPower and seeing that I was 6/7 riders on there. I seems like that is the right category for me as my finishing time would have won the D race.
    It seems odd to be that Zwift is just like some XC races where categories attract obvious sandbaggers. Looking at the guy who won the C race, it looks like he’s racing every couple of days and winning C races with times that would see him finishing top 5 in B. Seems a bit of a piss take for the sake of getting a virtual podium place!

I’ll have another crack at a race later in the week and see how I get on, hopefully better then second last in category 😀

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

I still am bemused with the Cat stuff and think sometimes it takes a little while for ZP to play catch-up on riders. I was watching a race this morning with an STWer in and the 2 C’s in the front of him were at 300w and 4+ w/kg…. But it was only the 2nd race for one of them, the other guy had raced a few more..

I went through a stage of winning almost every C race i entered, but i was still back 3-4 in B, so felt justified in C as i never broke the B limits either, but why people race in completely the wrong Cat, i just don’t honestly know.

Making the step up in Cats is tough though, when i went from D>C it seemed impossible i’d ever get top 5 in C…. then i went to winning most… Now, I’m a competitor in C but rarely podium at the moment, certainly not the riders on course at the time. But some of that is my own fault as i seem to end up in the Bs and get dragged along until i go pop.

Debating the 3:15 today or the 4:10 both have merit for me on time and layouts, although not sure which suits best… tricky one.

big yim

I’d be up for a tour de zwift group ride if you could all let me know when

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

i think the problem would be of how much of a group ride it would be.

For example picking say me and someone at 70kg, to keep together i’m going to have to average say 280w to their 180w…. which means the group splits really quickly and massively…. So it depends on what you want from the ‘group’….

I’ll happily create a get-together if people want it… but on a hilly layout like that, the group may not be quite as groupy as you’d think

tomlevell

You’re the lead out man up the first 3 corners. You have to keep the pace at the required times for the segments then chuck the anchor out ;0)

Actually riding up the Alpe makes a group ride easy as you can agree on a w/kg and everyone should be around this figure. Whether people can hold on is another matter but if the aim is to beat the hour this could be worked out with some time checks on the way to ensure still on pace.

For a meetup whoever sets it up everyone needs to be following that person.
    I doubt I’d be able to make it but next time I can be bothered to go up it it will be a sub hour attempt aiming at about 55mins. Tough call mind.

tomlevell

Looking at people just under the hour and my own best you need to be around 3.3w/kg. In a group you could probably go under that but whoever is on the front would need to be sitting at about that.

Then I look at that and it’s my current FTP so 55 minutes is probably impossible on my own at the moment.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=149497

Fun but slightly ridiculous race. On Zwift companion app I’m actually 16th. But the guys ahead of me were all way way over limit. One guy on 4.69w/kg lol, racing in C.

But it was a great race with lots of battles. Should have won it as when a split came I should have kicked on but I missed it as I thought it would come back.
    Pitiful spring for the line though, nothing in the tank

blader1611

I think the winter here in the northern hemisphere has increased the zwift activity no end as every race i see multiple people who clearly dont belong to there chosen category. I did the met5 race this morning and was beat by a guy who finished with 4.3wkg in B,it happens every time these days. To be fair i took silver and only avgd 3.1 but it was a strange race of slow A riders,wheel suckers, zpower users dragging groups back from nowhere,lots of riders just stopping mid race.

forzafkawi

I haven’t raced on Zwift for a few months because I’ve had 4 operations on my eyes. All good now though so should be back to middle C racing at the end of the month. I think I’d almost rather be a lowly B racer than winning group C though if I could make enough power to genuinely be in that category.

Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

Did the gran Fondo yesterday, it seems I’m very out of shape. ☹️

dirtyrider

Hero to zero, after last mondays silver in b, a week off due to cold/feeling run down, thought id best get back on before a couple of long shifts at work, still not feeling 100%

Did the 1815 DBR Winter series, 52/55 in B just crept over 3w/kg – terrible

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Lol some of us dream of 3w/kg.

Admittedly, today I’d have beaten a few B riders which is nice. But not many.

Day off tomorrow as I’m hoping the weather plays ball and it’s KTM time

dirtyrider

you did 2.9 today 🙂

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Short race.

big yim

I’m not sure how to work out what class I should be in. I seem to hover about but the last short race I did I got 3.2 w/kg I didnt expect to be that high and entered cat c. I would be right at the back in cat b but I’m hovering around the limit on shorter flat rides.
    If there was a long hilly stage I’d be cat e if they made one !

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Sounds like me 3&4 months ago, I could hit B power breaking limits on short flat races, but at 90kg, I’m not close.

I reckon on a Richmond flat short 4-5 lap I’d still do it, but spend a lot of my rides hiding in a bunch.

Put me on a hilly course, I’d be last in B. The decent B guys are close to the 4.0 limit, that’s crazy.

tomlevell

Race as a C until Zwiftpower upgrades you. Gives you 3 shots at overshooting the category limit, if you’re smashing the limit from day 1 then maybe you should move up, which means if you don’t sandbag by backing off then you get to win a couple of races then when you get shunted into B you can get mid table sometimes.
    I’ve worked up to being over Cat limit just and got upgraded so now happy in B. Only done one event and wasn’t feeling great but did ok.

tomlevell

Apparently I am back on the team pending list if the ZP team moderator could let me back in.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

We have a moderator ? I’m fairly sure i set up the team in the first place… but don’t recall that…

I’ll look though

MAybe it wasn’t me… i don’t have anything that’s for sure that i can click/do.

tomlevell

Ta I thought it was an unmoderated team but the ZP mods suggest that I’m on the pending list. If you can’t see me or a list I’ll prod them again.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Yeah, ask them who the Mods are… if they’re not valid/current we may have to see if we can update with some new Mods for the team. Or remove moderation completely.

Premier Icon Alex
    Subscriber

I was wrong about the first time I did the Alp. It was actually 68:30 not 66 mins. This time – on my tod – I was at 63:15. Wasn’t feeling great and a bit leggy from a massive MTB ride Sunday but even so, an hour feels a LONG way away.

Still FTP has gone up from 218 last year to 223 on Jan 2 to 238 this afternoon. All I need now is to lose 2 more KG to get below 12 stone, and that’ll be it in terms of fitness goals 😉

Happy to do a meet up tho, but I couldn’t lead it to get under an hour based on that.

tomlevell

Back on the team. Not sure what the problem was but they had tried to reinstate me in the club team which I’ve set up for future use potentially and not STW :0)

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Started in a group too high, managed to hold them till Horse guards on lap 3 and fell off back with a DBR rider. We teamed for a bit and group behind caught us so we both jumped on with them. Then on last lap we caught some back markers and I got hung out to dry on a wheel and lost the group! Arggghhh. I then got caught on the line by 3 others and popped. If I could have held that wheel I’d maybe have placed higher but not too sure as I was cooked if I’m honest.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=150113

Legs are crying for rest I just admit. I’ve tweaked the muscle between my arse and leg lol. Think I did it lying on the floor, not from riding.

dirtyrider

3 above you in C are over limit, and another 2 have no heart rate data

mooman

The 18.55 Team Italy Gladiators Race this evening. The tough Everything Bagel route .. those climbs hate me!
    I lost the front A group not long after starting the first climb – just a case then of trying to join a group to try and maintain a decent gap from the chasers behind.
    At the moment I am about 10-15watts down on what I was the other week; hopefully as I feel better the strength will come back again.

Not the last of the A cats .. so chipping away.. RESULTS

big yim

I did cat c 3r ultimate racing league rising empire 41km. Started off in the front pack and the wheels fell off as soon as I hit the first real climb. Need to drop some kgs I think to compete in hills. Still enjoying it though and ended up rolling in 30 something place out of 115 riders

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

You did great for a big fella, we’ll done

blader1611

Anybody have a link to a reliable lightning to hdmi adaptor/cable? My ebay one has lasted one race and now refuses to work which seems a pretty common problem with them all. I am considering an apple tv but i would prefer not to spend £100 on a second hand one for the sake of one app. Am i right in thinking that apple tv still dont link to nas boxes? I dont know apple tv a lot but what else could i use it for (i dont have content from itunes)?

Viewing 40 posts - 10,681 through 10,720 (of 11,337 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.