Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.

• This topic has 11,121 replies, 123 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by  avdave2.
Viewing 40 posts - 10,641 through 10,680 (of 11,122 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • mooman

18.55 Gladiators race for me tonight. Just got in from work – so bite to eat first … will struggle with the warm up!

tomlevell

@mooman there’s a calculation on your profile under the ? next to your category. You have to work back your 3 best 20 minuntes @ 95%.
    Might give you an idea though. You’ve probably improved on your worst one to bump you back over the limit as an average.

Just found that thanks. Average of last 3 races is 4.16wkg .. so just scraping over!!

Premier Icon Alex
    Subscriber

Thanks Tom/all – useful info…

Premier Icon notmyrealname
    Subscriber

Well that’s my first race done.

I wasn’t sure what category to go for so decided to start at the bottom in D. From what I can gather from the results on Zwift Power I’ve been disqualified from the category due to my w/kg being too high for D.
    Lesson learned for next time!

The race wasn’t too bad but not exactly easy. It was pretty much 30 minutes flat out with no respite. I semed to be drafting ok in the group of 8-10 I was riding with but then just before the start of the final lap a load of riders just took off and seemed to pick up a 10 second gap in the space of a few seconds, not sure how that worked.

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

Which race? Drop a link to the ZwiftPower results page. What’s your zwift name?

dirtyrider

was going to do the 10:20 something or other, laptop spat its dummy, then wouldn’t see any bluetooth devices, when it finally sorted itself out id missed the start, so climb straight back off and got changed, was feeling under the weather anyway so probably a blessing in disguise

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

@mooman. 4.16 is better than mine (4.1 dead) and I’m definitely A.

Subscriber

Which race? Drop a link to the ZwiftPower results page. What’s your zwift name?

It was the 3R LaGuardia race. The Zwift Power link should be here:
    https://www.zwiftpower.com/profile.php?z=1133980

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Robbo seems to have gone pop. Another forum guy I ride with is just ahead of him.

Nixie leading though!

tomlevell

Grim!
    Held onto the front group for a full lap then slipped back. Couple more laps with them and 8 or so got shelled and formed a decent group.
    2 and a bit laps to go we got lapped and held them for the bit of the lap and our little group was 5.
    Went at the junction just as the hill to the line starts when someone went past me and into the front by the top of the hill and just got pipped on the line by 2 others.
    Tea too soon to the start and feeling underpowered.
    https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=146930

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

It was the 3R LaGuardia race. The Zwift Power link should be here

From that your a C I’d say. Probably top end C. Good effort.

Nixie leading though!

Was trying hard not to lead that much. Was 10th or 11th on the road I think. Mistimed the sprint up the hill and couldn’t make up the gap in time. Annoying as legs had it. Still the guy that won is an A+ and very strong rider so was happy to be second in the sprint (time wise) to him.

Premier Icon robbo1234biking
    Subscriber

I did indeed go pop! Went out to hard and just didn’t have the legs. Started going backwards rapidly so decided to bug out. Think I need a rest day tomorrow before hitting it at the weekend (unless my cucleschene voucher actually turns up and I can get out on the mtb). Well done to the others. The pace of the first couple of laps was pretty quick!

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

@tomlevell pace was high to start so any hanging on was good work. Did we lap you? Your time doesn’t seem enough back for that (assuming your the stw badged rider in B).

Premier Icon robbo1234biking
    Subscriber

Nixie – did you hit 5 PRs on the lap? Pace must have been high!

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

4 I think. All on the sprint. Double draft helps a little with that (plus it was the only place any attacks were happening).

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

According to Strava I’m 7th fastest all time on 6x that loop. Find that very hard to believe!

tomlevell

Yes you lapped me and dropped me again as you were starting your last lap.

First lap was brutal. Really I should have been able to stick with the 2nd group but couldn’t shift myself out of last spot in the line so any split and I was done for.

First lap for me was about 20 to 30 seconds faster than all the rest :0o

To be honest the lap is too short for 10 laps as it gets messy if you’re not in the front group.

tomlevell

It looks like that 6 lap segment has been set up today so will take time to populate.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Good write ups and riding fellas.

I really enjoyed that race, I was seeing how nixie was doing along with Robbo v my mate who posts at times, I’ll have to get him on the stw team actually. He never does races so was good to see him out there.

Was only watching on timing though as j don’t know how I’d get in viewing mode on a non scheduled world.

10:05am for me tomorrow for 2 lap volcano flat. decent number signed up

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

@weeksy. I think you have to join the event then change the camera view to follow people. That seems to be how the live commentary people do it.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Right, fair call…. I can do that next time. Was OK watching him on the live tracking text based but would have been interesting to see him when actually riding. I’ll know for next time… well, if he survived the night that is.

Premier Icon phil56
    Subscriber

@Nixie The STW badged rider in B was me. I stayed with the first group for a few laps before getting dropped and ended up TTing for awhile. How do you guys know who each other are? Tom’s name is obvious, but not any others?

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Just through this thread mostly. You get to learn who’s who and all of the people with STW in their name are added as Zwift friends within the Companion/Mobile App. So i get to see anyone who’s a friend as racing a particular event.

tomlevell

And I have a cold which makes the feeling of lack of power better.

I just pick up on real names as I’ve gone along looking at here and ZP results. Obviously those in the STW team are easier to spot. Although currently I’m not as I dropped out to set up a club team then left that and now it doesn’t seem to want to let me rejoin STW.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Disappointed disappointed disappointed.

2 laps of volcano flat. I saw the famous Blader was playing, although he was in B.
    Went out fairly hard and what do you know, I found him there. Massive group of 20 or so of us flying along. We were group 2 on the road. The pace was high, especially any time it kicked upwards, I need 400w at these times and that peaks my HR, hitting a mid race high of 179 today and way too high overall, lots of 175-176 moments. Over the line after lap 1 I was still with the group, but getting harder and harder to maintain position. I hit my aero on the underwater section, not to try and break away but to try and get the HR to a sensible figure.
    Sadly as we came out of the tunnel my luck ended. I’d positioned myself well but just fell slightly off the group. It happened earlier but I caught a lucky wheel and got pulled back.
    This time there was no wheel though. I hit 559w in a vague try to get back, but I was 2s off and that was it.
    I pulled over and called it a day.

I could arguably have waited for the next lot and tried to hang, but I’d had enough.

One of them days. Failed.

blader1611

Weeksy i had no legs for racing today so was using the race to do a recovery ride in a group. I let the front group go and was about to let the second group go as well when i saw you flying up past me so i decided i would be your wheel man. It was far too fast to be any sort of recovery ride so thst was out of the window.I saw you dropping off so i stopped to provide a wheel but noticed you were at 0w/kg so i assumed you had a problem. I worked far too hard to get back on the group so hung out midpack and rested. I split the group on the climb to the volcano just so i could make GUTS work as he always wins and always sucks wheels. I made them climb at 7-8w/kg all the way which broke it up a bit. I then did tempo to the line and a little sprint at the end.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

LOL Thanks mate… .i did send a message saying ‘gone’ when i went pop. I like GUTS, he always gives 100% and tries to make the racing interesting too by upping the pace at times….

I’m actually that disappoint in myself i’m tempted to race the 3:15pm today just to shake the feeling.. it might work or might make me feel 100% worse

blader1611

For some reason i couldnt see or write any messages today even though the chat setting is on. I switched everything off/on after the race and joined the kiss base training but still no joy, not sure what that was all about, i couldnt even join the dirt ride with late joining function enabled, i just sat on the line waiting for it to find riders. Dont rsce this afternoon Weeksy, the morning race has told you your body needs a rest.

Subscriber

I did what was meant to be an easy interval session this morning.
    The session ended about 2/3rds the way up whichever climb I was on so decided to complete the climb. After that I figured I might as well finish the lap so that put paid to my easy 1/2 hour session!

big yim

I’m pretty new to the whole zwift thing but I’ve got it all set up to train for a century ride in may. T.herewardismorecheese Is my zwift name if anyone wants to add me. I’ve done a few races and I’m starting to get my head around the tactics. Got my ftp up to 300 watts last night but I’m pretty heavy so not that impressive.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Yim put an (STW) tag in your username.

big yim

Done weeksy. Will that make me faster?

Premier Icon Alex
    Subscriber

You’ll have more friends 😉 I just added a few – there are a lot of STW’rs on ZWIFT!

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Lol no but you’ll make friends

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

You should also be able to join the stw team on zwift power. Think it’s open access rather than request to join.

Premier Icon Alex
    Subscriber

Rode the Alp d’Zwift for the first time. Paced by my Bro who rides 90% road. He used to be fitter than me. He’s not anymore 🙂

Not sure how many times I’d do it, thought it’s ‘gamed’ quite well with all the extra info about each switchback. And some interesting scenery. Took us 66 mins at 220-240w. I felt really good so wonder if it’s wroth trying to crack the hour. To be fair to bro he has a Neo so he gets the 10%+ climbs, whereas my Flux doesn’t.

Even so I’m taking it 🙂

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

Will that make me faster?

Yeah – you’ll get random ride-ons from weeksy’s underground nervecentre and so you’ll think soembody’s watching you 😉

big yim

Joined the team now I think.

Alex can you just ride alp d zwift or does it need to be unlocked. Never really looked into doing it yet

Premier Icon Alex
    Subscriber

@bigyim – no, it’s a level 12 unlock. But if you join a ride that’s going up there, you can do it or if you’re riding with someone who already is level 12 that’s fine too. I’d be happy to do it again, so could go up there with you.

I forgot to say my Bro made me change my new Aero wheels (l13 unlock) for normal ones for the climb! I have to say I thought that was taking the whole thing a bit too seriously 🙂

Premier Icon welshfarmer
    Subscriber

Having done the Alpe twice in 64 and 62 minutes I would be happy to join you for a sub-hour attempt one day Alex. Perhaps a STW Alp d’zwift group ride 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 10,641 through 10,680 (of 11,122 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.