• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 6,361 through 6,400 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • weeksy

HArd to argue with that really.

eemy
    Free Member

Might have been the gel. Could it be a 36% improvement next time if you take two?

weeksy

I’m going for the 11.20am Volcano WBR Fire race today. It’s only a short one being 4 laps of the CCW, but i can extend the warmup and cool down to make it into a reasonable length. Will be interesting to see if i can push myself harder knowing it’s over in a short time.
    Not the biggest capacity field at the moment, but posssibly after last night with your KISS issues, that’s not a bad thing.

crosshair
    Free Member

The whole event module dropped out! Even the mobile app said “no more events today” I think the preceding race got lost altogether!

scaredypants

I’m wondering about that 11.20 too. Had a couple of weeks of just gente riding while I’ve had a cold; not sure that’ll be a very gentle reintroduction though. May need a dropout to save me

weeksy

I’m hoping the 25-27 mins is the saviour. 4 laps at 5.30-6min and an intro.

I’ve had 1.5 days of rest, so i should be on half decent form, but i’m struggling at the moment as we know with the high intensity stuff, so this will be hopefully ideal for that.

mos

Can anyone advise me on what i did wrong to not end up racing last night?
    Went into garage at 6.30, turned everything on to make sure it was updated etc. Went back into house, entered 7.35 4 lap race via app on phone. Then went back down at 7.25, started pedaling round London expecting to be dumped into the starting pen around 7.30, but nothing. Phone tells me your race has started but pc just shows me riding round. Am confused.

scaredypants

sounds like the whole thing was struggling yesterday; unlikely to be anything you did or didn’t do (other than be lucky enough to notice early and log out/in)

crosshair
    Free Member

Yep, what scaredypants said. That was the race that got lost. It was only because Nath text me to say he’d gotten into KISS that I had time to log out and get back in again.

mos

OK, ta

weeksy

If it makes you feel better Mos, this is the first time in a long long time.

beej

Loads of people were disappearing from the screen for me yesterday evening – their end seemed to be struggling. There were also an unusual amount of people (50% of riders?) in basic dark grey + zwift logo kit, which might be a fallback graphic if the data from the servers to the clients is struggling.

Was showing 3.5K active users at one point.

cosmokramer
    Free Member

3000 riders online last night, not sure whether that’s the anaerobic threshold for the Zwift servers but I hope it’s not a regular occurrence!

weeksy

Winter is upon us, it’s not going to get better in the numbers in that context. I’m hoping Zwift realise some of their mistakes from previous winter and up their capacity.

Currently only 843 on-line, so daytime could be the optimal.

blader1611
    Free Member

Weeksy that 11:20 race is showing as a 25 miler, am i missing something as that isnt a short race? The 11:00 EVR is much shorter and its on the road to ruin course.

weeksy

Not on the mobile App it’s not mate… its showing as 4 Volcano CCW.

But yes…. on ZP it’s showing as 25.. Hmmmm

scaredypants

App’s usually more accurate IME

weeksy

I dunno now, i’m provisionally entered in both… If i wait for the 4CCW at 11.20 though and it’s 41km and i’m going off at <6 min laps, i’ll die a long long time before the end.

scaredypants

hmmm, haven’t had a proper go on the new bit – field’s a bit bigger too
    we’ll see how quick I can get ready to go
    #inforboth

weeksy

The new one has a hill… .a BIG hill…Big hill = last place for weeksy.

scaredypants

doesn’t look all that steep weeksy, just longish (or is that worse?)

weeksy

LOL if it’s not flat, i’m screwed… Sod it though, i’ve not ridden that one before, i’ll race that with you… well, not WITH you… but in the same race 🙂

blader1611
    Free Member

I am in for the EVR race at 11:05 so hoping i am ready in time.

weeksy

I’m ready, just watchingg what may be the last 10 mins of Walking Dead… if it doesn’t improve in the next 10 mins it’s getting deleted from my planner.

scaredypants

well, not WITH you… but in the same race

hmmm. I’m not sure if zwift can show rivers of snot so be careful, might get slippy if you’re behind me 🙂

crosshair
    Free Member

Good luck!!

42 points for last nights effort 8)

blader1611
    Free Member

I missed the start by one minute due to Yodel turning up with a parcel as i was heading to the garage. He took an absolute age to get it out the van, i was cursing under my breath and then realised i should be thankful its turned up as its Yodel.

weeksy

FFS lads, don’t ever make me race that layout again !

What happend to “Just 1 short hill”

I think i’m dying !

scaredypants

I take your point weeksy, that hill’s a bit of a grind !

Did OK, and think I nearly got to the first crest with the grown-ups. Rode round with a group of 4, then 5, then 4. 3rd in that sprint; had nothing.

Garage floor tells a story too 😀 :

[/url]IMG_20171108_115828[1] by scaredypants, on Flickr[/img]

weeksy

To be fair though, it was a cracking race. Full of battles, position changes, i’d pull out 5-6s on a couple of riders, 5 mins later they were 10s ahead of me, i’d catch them again, we’d ride together then 1 of us would pull away…. then get caught.

In the end we were doing the lower volcano bit and the 2 lads i was with pulled 3s on me…. I clawed it back just before the tunnel back the the island and with 1km to go i pulled the pin ! i pulled out 30m on them with 500m to go…. i was dying and putting out 450w….. looked at their figures and Shap was pulling 650w ! Noooooo. I pinned it again with 200m to go and got 600w or so to hold him off by 5m ! I died shortly after and collapsed on the floor.

crosshair
    Free Member

Had you never ridden it before! It’s savage 😀

Well done Weeksy, a nice few ups and downs in the power trace 🙂

weeksy

I did a gentle loop of it about 3-4 days ago but was sticking with 180-200w so you don’t really notice how hard…. Once the up was done, it seemed to be flat for a bit then just a steady 2-3% everywhere… I was dying ! I had peaks and troughs in my efforts, just grinding out 200w at one stage, then finding 270w again for a bit… On the downhill we caught and passed a couple… on a few climbs we found a few who were bailing..

Can’t see how i could have put in more effort in honesty.

piemonster

Top effort Weeksy!

Hopefully will do the Chop at 7pm this evening. That’ll be a new format for me.

scaredypants

my group was ded cagey – baseline power was maybe about 225 but they kept surging and one was a little (54kg) Japanese guy who was away on every little lump

(it’s like a different race for those guys, blazing up the hills and struggling on the flat – I think he was the antiweeksy !)

crosshair
    Free Member

Weeksy- I did mean ups and downs as a compliment btw 😉 Some good variability there.

nathb
    Free Member

78 points from last night 🙂

1st & 2nd got 261 and 202 respectively!

Tonight’s a rest/commute then may try KISS tomorrow eve depending on the course, anyone joining? The Flat race was pretty identical to Crits bar the HUGE efforts required to just stick with people…

zilog6128

Garage floor tells a story too

certainly looks like you enjoyed yourself 😯

crosshair
    Free Member

Wow! Good haul Nath!!!

crosshair
    Free Member

There’s some serious talent in that pool too Nath. Like Cat1 level- so it should have been tough 😉

You did Mathew Burton TFC in the sprint by the looks and he’s been doing ok in the Tacx Crit series!

weeksy

lol tough crowd, -9 points for today

Viewing 40 posts - 6,361 through 6,400 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.