• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,641 through 5,680 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • piemonster

Should still be a quick ride for me.

Despite some issues with the extension not working and missing the start to fix. Actually the pace was fine. Will have to try something a little quicker!

Saw one STWer I think, Zilog.

nathb
    Free Member

Don’t think I’ve been in a race with 50 people this year, let alone 50 in my cat!!

I’m feeling tired and sluggish*

* starting the excuses early 😆

weeksy

Good luck boys.

nathb
    Free Member

Race report:
    Tim Cartwright rode off the front with another guy.
    Stuck with the second group, got a stitch with 3km to go and I’ve just thrown up… 😆

https://zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=12101

weeksy

Lol nice work fast fella

crosshair
    Free Member

11/10 for a podium in THE flagship Zwift race 🙂

1/10 for that piss poor write up 😆

I saw the sprint on the live coverage 🙂

jk501
    Free Member

Storming result Nath! Well done on puking. That beats my dry retching from yesterday. 😆

Interestingly the guy who got second in your race won the SZR race yesterday.

Beats me how people can race so much.

andeh

You’re a machine, Nath 😯

weeksy

Interestingly the guy who got second in your race won the SZR race yesterday.

That’s bonkers!

I do wonder at what level some of these are in real world. Nath is a Cat3, but how far off a 2 or a 1 for example, then how far off them are a British level team domestique?
    Imagine a decent JLT rider raced Zwift, would they be winning by seconds, minutes, or just cruising to whatever they felt like

crosshair
    Free Member

Jk, Tim Cartwright who won uses the races to replace the Threshold type training efforts he’d be doing anyway by all accounts.

https://worldcup.cycligentrankings.com/blog/racer-spotlight-tim-cartwright-2/

nathb
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/PdduiA07oSw[/video]

Thanks all, I’ve just watched the sprint as I had my head down 😆

Skip to 40:25

blader1611
    Free Member

Nathb – there are more dq’s in that race than riders in most of my races. If you are puking at least you are trying, good result fella.

crosshair
    Free Member

Weeksy- earlier this month, Tim did a Newbury 10mile TT at 31.3mph if that helps with context 😮

crosshair
    Free Member

There’s also several of the big Zwift names who used to race ZTR first and KISS after and do well in both. Kim Little is a more MTB oriented name for ya.
    I can boast getting lapped by Kim in Zwift and real life 😆

weeksy

10mile TT at 31.3mph if that helps with context

Wowsers! That’s shifting.

jk501
    Free Member

Jk, Tim Cartwright who won uses the races to replace the Threshold type training efforts he’d be doing anyway by all accounts.

https://worldcup.cycligentrankings.com/blog/racer-spotlight-tim-cartwright-2/

Thanks Crosshair that makes sense. I can’t help but wonder what guys like him would do if they actually raced!

Funnily enough when I lined up yesterday I thought about doing something similar which lasted for about 10 seconds after the gun went off 🙂

I only started riding for fun and the endorphins but now I am wondering if I need to do something a bit more structured.

Damn you zwift 😀

nathb
    Free Member

I’m a poor comparison Weeksy..

If I had half the commitment and skill of CH I could have protentially made cat 2?*

*My friend up north is pretty much identical to me stats wise and he’s a cat 1 last time I checked.

crosshair
    Free Member

Tim does race in real life 🙂

https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/rider/2471

(Well, TT’s if they count as races 😆 )

scaredypants

Tim Cartwight and that BB geezer caught and rode through a B race I was in the other day

…like a pair of friggin’ bullets

crosshair
    Free Member

Now you’re being too kind Nath- turning up and getting whooped every week doesn’t take much skill 😆
    Writing fresh excuses every week? Now that’s a real art 😀

harrytoo
    Free Member

Awesome effort Nath.

Think I am overdue a rest day, thats 14 days riding on the trot, predominantly races, so probably time to sit out tomorrow….. or maybe just a sub-2 to spin the legs over.

Looking forward to getting out on the moors on Saturday!

blader1611
    Free Member

Harry too – 14 days of racing in a row is bloody impressive, good work fella.

I shall be doing the 10:10 WBR tomorrow and i promise i will try hard enough to vomit now that nathb has led the way.

scaredypants

I could make the 9.05 wbr but currently looks like tomorrow morning’s races are all tumbleweed-central

Might go to work earlier instead 🙁

nathb
    Free Member

How many of you race with energy gels/drinks?

I’ve noticed my HR tops out 6 bpm lower now I’m racing semi fasted (not eating after 2pm) and just have plain water as opposed to energy gels/drinks.

muggomagic

I rode my bike in the woods tonight. It was **** ace.

scaredypants

I’ve never raced for more than an hour or so – just water for me, sometimes with a bit of squash just for flavour

scaredypants

blimey, how long is your extension lead ?

😀

jk501
    Free Member

From the conference I was at yesterday.

Presenter: Turn to the person next to you and tell them something which helps your mental well being.

Woman next to me: I run

Me: I got on my wind trainer, hooked it up to my computer and raced 300 people from around the world and nearly puked.

I wish I had got a photo of the look on her face.

zilog6128

Saw one STWer I think, Zilog.

yep, that was my first ever group ride. Even downloaded the discord app to see if there was any quality bantz (no lol). Quite enjoyed it, nice change of pace from racing. Will probably race again tomorrow though!

muggomagic

scaredypants – Member
    blimey, how long is your extension lead ?

😆
    It would have been a lot easier on the turbo, there was a lot of sideways sliding going on 😀
    One of my mates kept trying to race me up the hills last night or sneak past with a little sprint. He had no chance after my Zwift sprint training. Felt bloody good to A, beat him and B, be breathing nice and steady while he was gasping for air 🙂

nathb – Member
    How many of you race with energy gels/drinks?
    I’ve noticed my HR tops out 6 bpm lower now I’m racing semi fasted (not eating after 2pm) and just have plain water as opposed to energy gels/drinks.

I’m the same as Scaredy, but a mate of mine does the odd 100 mile session on Zwift and he gets through a lot of gels on those.

weeksy

My legs feel more tired today after taking yesterday off, than they did yesterday !

weeksy

From the conference I was at yesterday.

Presenter: Turn to the person next to you and tell them something which helps your mental well being.

Woman next to me: I run

Me: I got on my wind trainer, hooked it up to my computer and raced 300 people from around the world and nearly puked.

I wish I had got a photo of the look on her face.

Hahahahaa, thats cracking.

🙂

blader1611
    Free Member

Looks like i will be racing tumbleweed this morning which is a problem as everyone will see that i got beat by some tumbleweed!

weeksy

what one ?

weeksy

It would have been a lot easier on the turbo, there was a lot of sideways sliding going on
    One of my mates kept trying to race me up the hills last night or sneak past with a little sprint. He had no chance after my Zwift sprint training. Felt bloody good to A, beat him and B, be breathing nice and steady while he was gasping for air

That’s great news for you 🙂 As we’ve said many times in the thread, it may just be a video game, pretend training, but out in the real world, every regular has improved there too !

weeksy

I’m torn between the 10.05am WBR 4 lap flat and the 13.15 Volcano flat 3. The Volcano seems to have a bigger field currently so i rekon it will be that one. It’s a course i quite like too.

muggomagic

Yep, there’s no denying that it gives you a big boost in the real world. Plus you have to work a lot harder on Zwift than you do on a sociable ride, even with the occasional sprint 🙂

scaredypants

I’m doing the 9.05 “chaingang for a bit, then lonely TT” if I can get myself sorted in time

piemonster

On the subject of Zwift benefits to real world cycling I feel a lot of enthusiasm building to take advantage of the irregular outdoor opportunities knowing that it’ll not be too little to make any difference, and that, after a while at least I’ll be fit enough to properly enjoy it!

157 kilometres in the last 7 days that would have been zero without a smart turbo and Zwift.

blader1611
    Free Member

Scaredypants i was in your race but i was so short of time i missed start off, i caught you up at the bottom of the first hill but i had expanded so much energy i was fading. Then i realised i hadnt plugged the fan in and my water was still in the fridge so i binned it and went shouting and swearing in the house at my stupidity. Will do the 1005 wbrr race instead.

Viewing 40 posts - 5,641 through 5,680 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.