• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,561 through 5,600 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • crosshair
    Free Member

So modest 😆 Besides, that doesn’t count as a race report. 😉

nathb
    Free Member

Race report:
    3x laps of watopia hilly.
    5 riders in my class, 3 of us go off the front. A couple of other class riders stick with us, for a lap?
    On the first hill there’s an attack, I hang on fine with that. Then there’s attack after attack by the other two riders, literally 2-3 real attacks per lap. The guy who won seemed to storm up the hill then stop and wait for us though. I literally just hung on the entire 3 laps, did 1 attack out of about 10 which resulted in the guy who won counter attacking and staying out front 😆 Hung with the other rider until about 800m to go where he launched a final attack, I countered and with the use of an aero got passed and stayed there.

I’ve just been looking at the stava stats, no wonder that hurt!

5s – 782w
    15s – 765w
    30s – 656w
    1 min – 461w
    2 min – 404w
    5 min – 349w
    10 min – 336w
    15 min – 332w
    20 min – 326w
    30 min – 316w

https://zwiftpower.com/profile.php?id=8544067

crosshair
    Free Member

Nice work mate. As you say, odd behaviour indeed! When are gonna lay it on the line in a KISS EU race?

I hope they do a UK version of the ECrit series- you’d do well after a real life weigh in!

scaredypants

warm, not hot, shower here but always about half an hour after finishing (I sit and drip on a couple of old towels on an office chair in the meantime)

Lolling at nath’s zwiftpower stats (max HR 121 and ONE watt for 20 minutes)

nathb
    Free Member

Not sure, it’s not that they don’t appeal they’re just too late in the evening for me.

Maybe Thursday night, if other people are doing it and my legs have recovered…

I’ve put on 3kg so far since being at my prime and then getting a cold lol

I think I’ve broke zwiftpower by continuing cycling for a short while after 😆

scaredypants

hang on – It’s gone proper apeshit; thinks you did 4 laps in 40 minutes

*impressed*

crosshair
    Free Member

It’s got it as 4 laps flat.

piemonster

Electric fan installed, life has been improved considerably.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Did my 1st race last night….WTF it was brutal…it was only the kiss flat race 23miles…these zwifters are crazy!!!
    I’m just glad I didn’t come last…..only just..lol
    Great fun tho

weeksy

There’s no such thing as ‘only the….. ‘ when it comes to racing on Zwift… every race is flat out ! every time, every day, every night ! Wooo !

scaredypants

it was only the kiss flat race 23miles

that’s when all the “larger folk” come out with all their megawatts

weeksy

LOL nah, that’s Richmond flat… it’s the only actual flat course for us fatties. Even Watopia and Volcano flats have enough inclines in them to destroy any other advantage we may have.

muggomagic

On the whole Power up thing, is it ok to use them in races, I am sure I’ve read on the descriptions about penalties for using them, but still see people using them in the race.

Anyone fancy the 17:05 WBR 3 lap hilly?

crosshair
    Free Member

ZTR races are generally a little longer with a slightly more sedate start.
    And ODZ have some with an enforced neutral. But they just go flat out a bit later instead 😀

The event module has been an awesome leap forward but it did suck any personality out of the races and make them feel the same as each other.
    3-2-1 SPRINT 😆

crosshair
    Free Member

Muggo- Zwiftpower applies time penalties in races where the are banned.

cheekyget
    Free Member

it was only the kiss flat race 23miles
    that’s when all the “larger folk” come out with all their megawatts

Now you tell me!.. 😆

piemonster

There’s no such thing as ‘only the….. ‘ when it comes to racing on Zwift… every race is flat out ! every time, every day, every night ! Wooo !

The group rides are hard enough for me. May take a while before I pluck up the courage to race, or more accurately, get dropped and do a demoralising ITT 😀

weeksy

The group rides are hard enough for me. May take a while before I pluck up the courage to race, or more accurately, get dropped and do a demoralising ITT

Even as you move up through groups, you can still easily find yourself out in a TT type scenario. I often do if i’m doing something hilly, partly with the smaller fields we’ve had but also because i’m now sitting too low for the super Cs on the hilly, but often faster than the group below that…. So you end up in no-mans land.

There’s no shame in finishing last or getting dropped..

nathb
    Free Member

Yep we’ve all been dropped, part of the Zwift experience 😆

andeh

I know I should be good and do my intervals tonight……but WBR 3 Lap Hilly race is tempting 😯

weeksy

I’m thinking the 1 lap Watopia fig 8 of SZR at 18:00 may be about the best plan for today. It doesn’t suit me, but is the only one with a decent field of riders at the moment.

muggomagic

I might do that one Weeksy if I don’t make the 17:05 one. Not built for climbs but a big field should make things interesting.

weeksy

3 laps hilly at 17.05 only has 11 entrants in it and only 4 in C at the moment… I’m not sure 3 hilly is any more or less suited to you/me than 1 Fig 8. I’d expect there’s not a lot in it for both of us either way.

But for me, the bigger field means i have a chance of a battle or 2.

muggomagic

Yep. I may aim for that one instead then. Mrs won’t be happy that I’m skipping dinner time again to shout and swear in the spare room 😆

weeksy

muggomagic – Member
    Yep. I may aim for that one instead then. Mrs won’t be happy that I’m skipping dinner time again to shout and swear in the spare room

Good man. You’re playing in C then i assume ?

I’ll try and not draft you too much 🙂

GavinB

Renewed my subscription last night, and tried my first gentle ride since about February. Bloomin’ eck, I’d forgotten how much fun it is (in a hard way). Think my FTP needs a bit of adjusting down though, as there was no way I could sustain things.

cosmokramer
    Free Member

Anyone done a Hare & Hounds race? Worth it?

muggomagic

weeksy – Member

muggomagic – Member
    Yep. I may aim for that one instead then. Mrs won’t be happy that I’m skipping dinner time again to shout and swear in the spare room

Good man. You’re playing in C then i assume ?

I’ll try and not draft you too much [/quote]

Yep I’ll be in C. I wouldn’t bother as there’s hills so I’ll just be trying to avoid last place 😀

weeksy

Lol 96kg here buddy. I’m not light!

muggomagic

96kg is that all?! Bloody skinny roadies 🙂

weeksy

Ha ha. There’s very few who call me skinny.

See you on there buddy!

piemonster

Anyone done a Hare & Hounds race? Worth it?

Nope but I’m thinking about it. Let me know how you get on if you do it.

scaredypants

that 18.00 race looks great – HUGE turnout

no way I’ll be ready to start it though 😕

piemonster

Thats me btw @Weeksy

weeksy

I was freaked out for a minute.

scaredypants

I lied – I’m in, hopefully

andeh

After the calibration (ahem) issue, thought I’d ease into some racing with the WBR 3 lap hilly (D). Set off hard, not sure what to expect, and soon found myself in a group of 3 Ds and a load of Cs. I was consistently putting out 3w/kg up, so thought I’d better hand back and try to bring my average down. The other 2 shoot off with the Cs and I find myself TTing between small groups of Cs and Bs for the rest of the race, trying to keep in class, pushing hard on the hills and cruising/drafting on the flats.

Turns out I was auto upgraded to C and ended up in 4th, average of 3w/kg! Not bad to say I couldn’t keep up with the SUB2 rides before Monday 🙄 If I’d have stuck with it, rather than trying to stick with the Ds, I think I could have had it, I just didn’t want to get DQ’d. Looks like I’m a C then? 8)

crosshair
    Free Member

Well done! Don’t forget that Cats are FTP/kg so you could already be a B if you did 3.0 nay bother?

weeksy

Ouch! Tough. I think I was last STWer. Damn hard!

blader1611
    Free Member

Wow that was an enormous field, i cant go through all that on ZP so you are all going to have to give a race report.

Viewing 40 posts - 5,561 through 5,600 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.